Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs  (Read 1047 times)
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 10:45:22 AM

Great effort OP! I just want to ask, how comprehensive the list is? When I went over each one of them I was extremely surprised that not a single IEO has a negative ROI. Am I seeing it right? That is really astonishing considering that the altcoins have been at the receiving end of Bitcoin's rise in the past few months. Or does the list comprise only of a little percentage of the total number of IEOs conducted?

I'm not quite sure what you mean.
The list should contain all IEOs of the named exchanges.
Of course, there are many more exchanges that hold IEOs.

I think you're reading the ROIs wrong.
For example, look at the IEOs on bitforex.
A ROI of 1x means you can sell your tokens for the same price you bought them.
A ROI of 0.5x means that the tokens have lost 50% of the initial price, thus your ROI is negative.

That's right! I must have been thinking of % while looking at x. My eyes are used to the % in CMC in terms of ROI.

Anyway, based on your data, only 1 out of 4 IEOs launched in Bittrex made a positive ROI and yet the platform appears to be on top in a few rankings. While the project itself counts above anything else in terms of their future success, the data seem to show that the platform has a lot of influence as well. I am taking a look at Huobi which has made 6 positive ROIs out 7, or OKEX which has 7 out of 8.

By the way, why are IDAX and Coineal not included in your list?
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 10:55:38 AM

Yea, IEOs on Bittrex have been atrocious so far, I cant believe projects keep falling for it, I guess they are super desperate for a listing and they dont care about the short/mid term price action.
aundroid (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 12:16:09 PM

By the way, why are IDAX and Coineal not included in your list?

To my knowledge IDAX had exactly 1 IEO so far and that was Blabber.
Quite a lot of shady stuff was going on there:
https://medium.com/@michael.freund/blabber-stops-idax-foundation-ieo-and-listing-9b2274d914aa

And Coineal is just a complete shitshow, comparable with Probit and p2pb2b.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
mendra_2009

Activity: 429
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 01:54:44 PM

IEO on Binance going worse since WINK and PERLIN have done, if BAND makes people disappointed again I'm pretty sure most of the people will leave Binance IEO.
Anyway, I already participate in BAND Lottery and then I'm LOSE...  Cry

Have 3 tickets and got nothing...
#REKT

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 10:04:36 AM

IEO on Binance going worse since WINK and PERLIN have done, if BAND makes people disappointed again I'm pretty sure most of the people will leave Binance IEO.
Anyway, I already participate in BAND Lottery and then I'm LOSE...  Cry

Have 3 tickets and got nothing...
#REKT

Annnnnnd it was a bust (Band). But I doubt that this huge mountain of people will give up and pass the next Binance IEO, it is just too tempting as profit is almost guaranteed, even if its just 30 or 40% and not 8x as in the past.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:42:02 PM

Great effort OP! I just want to ask, how comprehensive the list is? When I went over each one of them I was extremely surprised that not a single IEO has a negative ROI. Am I seeing it right? That is really astonishing considering that the altcoins have been at the receiving end of Bitcoin's rise in the past few months. Or does the list comprise only of a little percentage of the total number of IEOs conducted?
Who compiled the list that the op posted, is it not humans? And have you not heard of projects using fake volumes just to attract people either by IEO or ICO. That list that I am looking at there, there is no way that the exchanges that created their own IEO list will not be biased about it, because they will not want to be seen as people who does not know how to conduct their own IEO, I have seen many people join some IEO which is failing lots of its investors right now because they are also being used as pump and dump coin, some of them has even been participated by my friends, so where are those ones. The only one I think that I can rely on their report right now is binance which we can all see ourselves how their IEO has been much successful IEO.

upyem2k

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 07:50:28 PM

This is a superb overview. I always knew the IEO in line with trustworthy exchanges is the best to invest in. And I'm sure it will take a very long time for scammers to get a manipulative way into IEO if not forever.
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 08:30:27 PM

Thanks for updating this thread continuously and I am glad that you ignored shitty exchange's IEOs! You may add Binance latest IEO information, which was the Band Protocol, the worst IEO by Binance. To me, Gateio exchange is the winner here!

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 03:28:28 PM

Thanks for updating this thread continuously and I am glad that you ignored shitty exchange's IEOs! You may add Binance latest IEO information, which was the Band Protocol, the worst IEO by Binance.

Of course the BAND IEO wasn't a great performer.
But as long as you make 150$ per winning ticket profit, the people (including myself  Wink) will continue to participate.

>> Update (see changelog): BAND & HUPAYX added

➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 12:30:10 PM

>> Update (see changelog): Kava & Moozicore added

Looks like the IEOs on Binance deliver a constant ROI of ~1.8x.
Unfortunately I had no winning ticket this time.

Moozicore was however by far the worst performer on the Coinbene Moonbase to date.

aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 10:49:31 PM

>> Update (see changelog): ROAD added

After quite some time I added another IEO today, this time it was on OKEx.
Meanwhile it is getting a lot quieter around IEOs, on some exchanges the last IEOs happened months ago.

OKEx and Binance actually deliver constant ROIs from ~2x upwards. ROAD now even better with 3.6x.

Mammothcoin

Activity: 336

KoinPro

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 04:24:21 PM

This is very impressive.  I know that ieos lately haven't been a very good investment opportunity as most tend to dump shortly after listing but the overall data is impressive. I was of the opinion that only Binance was the platform with a good ROI history in terms of IEOs but Gate and Okex have an even more convincing record with regards to consistency of profits!

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1131

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 04:39:31 PM

>> Update (see changelog): ROAD added

After quite some time I added another IEO today, this time it was on OKEx.
Meanwhile it is getting a lot quieter around IEOs, on some exchanges the last IEOs happened months ago.

OKEx and Binance actually deliver constant ROIs from ~2x upwards. ROAD now even better with 3.6x.
Would be interesting to see if there were IEO/projects do have that -ROI(negative) .  Kiss

aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:05:04 PM

Would be interesting to see if there were IEO/projects do have that -ROI(negative) .  Kiss

Everything less than 1x is a negative ROI.  Wink
0.5x means that your initial investment is now only worth half as much.
At 0.0x your investment wouldn't be worth anything anymore.

aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 10:32:03 PM

>> Update (see changelog): TROY added

aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 09:44:41 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2020, 04:12:03 PM by aundroid

After a longer break, I updated the IEOs again.

Remember that the ROI [USD] always refers to the day I added the respective project.
And ROI ATH should be self-explanatory.

Below is everything I have added today:
>> Update (see changelog): Kucoin: LUKSO, BNS Token; Binance: The Sandbos; Bitmax: xDai Chain, Swingby, Serum; Gate.io: Ally, Kardiachain, Meter Governance

aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 08:44:07 PM

Added three more Binance IEOs to the list today, all of which performed really well.

>> Update (see changelog): Binance: Alpha Finance Lab, Injective Protocol, Axie Infinity

Hope some of you made some nice profits, I unfortunately did not have a winning ticket at any of the IEOs.

aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 05:53:56 PM

Added three more IEOs today!

>> Update (see changelog): Bitmax: Akash; Gate.io: Wootrade; Bitforex: TimeCoinProtocol

I think we have a new record here. TimeCoinProtocol with an ATH ROI of 83x and a current ROI of still 20x  Shocked
Holy shit.

aundroid (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 04:14:55 PM

Added 2 more IEOs today.

>> Update (see changelog): Bitmax: Stafi; Kucoin: Velo

Velo, a Kucoin IEO from mid September with a current ROI of 30x  Shocked

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: