Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Bitcoin and the games industry?  (Read 1986 times)
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 12:46:34 AM

It's in favor with us 'cause I'm a gamer and very happy that some gaming platform or online website that is related to gaming are already accepting bitcoin as a payment. There's also a gambling site where you can bet about your favorite games which is LoL, Dota2 and other popular games.

Some platforms are already accepting and engaged to cryptocurrency.
Indeed, it's favorable to gamer since those gaming websites already learning and adopting bitcoin to their platform as means of payment, time will come that the actual games will be developed under the umbrella of blockchain technology. Aside from that, E-sports also is gaining strong demands gambling sites who accepts bitcoin and some other crypto coins are being used to this business.
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 01:53:59 AM

It is a matter of time till every game company starts using it.
Think of it as a chain, once it gets started everyone will want a piece of it just so it not becomes a monopoly from one sided company.

Overall i believe it's not that easy due to politics and agreements.
In fact it might be that exact issue companies are facing thus not making it available as just snapping fingers.

Not all payment processes accept these type of payments and speaking of taxing you can not tax on crypto except during exchange <-> bank / fiat if there's some possibility for it.
So yeah probabily in more months / years we will be able to see these kind of excessive adoptations.

Nothing to see here
cutesgirl

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 03:32:25 AM

if you games that are connected and integrated with bitcoin it is certainly very in demand by all bitcoin hunters, because making your way through games is one of the human hobbies, moreover besides that it also gets bitcoin. if that happens, I will play the game hard, until it's rich.
Many bitcoin investor have hobbies playing game, when connecting bitcoin and game platform I think give best feature for bitcoin have side job as gamer how easy to purchase and buy game tools, they will easy when need to buy game diamond and purchase what tool game needed by using bitcoin as payment transaction, bitcoin have looking which one site game want to support using and adopting bitcoin.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 21, 2019, 09:58:55 AM

if you games that are connected and integrated with bitcoin it is certainly very in demand by all bitcoin hunters, because making your way through games is one of the human hobbies, moreover besides that it also gets bitcoin. if that happens, I will play the game hard, until it's rich.
Many bitcoin investor have hobbies playing game, when connecting bitcoin and game platform I think give best feature for bitcoin have side job as gamer how easy to purchase and buy game tools, they will easy when need to buy game diamond and purchase what tool game needed by using bitcoin as payment transaction, bitcoin have looking which one site game want to support using and adopting bitcoin.

Gaming industry really plays a big role in the crypto world, it was once becomes the hit during the past years that's why most of the holders, new users are the gamers online or were IT employee, those person who are doing a lot of research online. And as of today, there's a lot of projects who has been successful and until now new games are launching with the use of crypto.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 22, 2019, 04:08:15 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering about Bitcoin, blockchain and cryptos in general and their relation to the games industry

We all know, people at my age (31 years) growed up playing games, surfing the internet and they are  very close to technology in general

Games always have put new technologies to evolving the market, like: Internet to play multiplayer games, virtual reality and 3d to have a deeper experience, photorealism, payment inside app/game and etc

But until now, games industry didn't use any new technology related to cryptos

Do you think they will use?
And if yes, how they can use BTC, blockchain and cryptos in general?

The only and most obvious for me is use cryptos to pay games, in steam, psn, xbox live and etc, but I'd like to see your ideas guys
There are many games use Blockchain technology that allow people to own virtual items and they will exist forever in the network. User can sell their items for ETH or Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: