Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:34:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid mistake newbies still do till date  (Read 4995 times)
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:06:53 PM

Quit underestimating wallets and figure out how your wallets works either its ETH erc20 based wallets or multi walllets,you lose your private keys or recovery seeds you lose your coins and tokens,I was in a gathering on message when somebody posted his private key guaranteeing he didn't get an airdrop tokens,I wonder what may have transpired as of now,its like some still don't have the foggiest idea how genuine there wallets recovery seeds and private keys are,quit playing with wallet private keys and take them more serious like you doing with your bank account.
But it all depends on the newbie too, why to lose his wallet?
because I followed crypto from the beginning, I wanted to learn a lot from the experience that happened and was always not shy about asking someone who knows better. can be ascertained if we learn a lot surely there will never be an experience like that.
I experienced this when I was still early to join. Don't understand what a private key is, or losing a keystore file. and many other carelessness. Newbies very often experience carelessness. but that's a natural thing right, because they still don't understand much. all they have to do is learn from experience and keep reading.
after making a mistake I guess beginners will learn by themselves from mistakes that have been made. experience is meaningful and will always be remembered by beginners when a big mistake that makes him lose some assets will make a beginner become experienced someday. we all were beginners.

mamahdedeh

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 02:26:03 PM

Quit underestimating wallets and figure out how your wallets works either its ETH erc20 based wallets or multi walllets,you lose your private keys or recovery seeds you lose your coins and tokens,I was in a gathering on message when somebody posted his private key guaranteeing he didn't get an airdrop tokens,I wonder what may have transpired as of now,its like some still don't have the foggiest idea how genuine there wallets recovery seeds and private keys are,quit playing with wallet private keys and take them more serious like you doing with your bank account.
But it all depends on the newbie too, why to lose his wallet?
because I followed crypto from the beginning, I wanted to learn a lot from the experience that happened and was always not shy about asking someone who knows better. can be ascertained if we learn a lot surely there will never be an experience like that.
I experienced this when I was still early to join. Don't understand what a private key is, or losing a keystore file. and many other carelessness. Newbies very often experience carelessness. but that's a natural thing right, because they still don't understand much. all they have to do is learn from experience and keep reading.
I have also experienced it, but in fact it can be used as a lesson so that in the future it will not be repeated, from then on I then keep the keystore and private key neatly. ignorance is the main reason, and confused when opening a wallet, so it can only give up after that. actually when creating a wallet, there are orders to store it properly, but sometimes many people don't pay attention to it

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 09:21:19 AM

Giving your ETH address private key means giving the entire of your ETH coin and tokens in that address,
this should be the basic knowledge that everyone must have in cryptocurrency.
ETH is not a private coin, everyone can check whether the tokens are in the wallet address or not, by using etherscan explorer.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 09:47:19 AM

That's normal, almost all of crypto newbies do like that...
Let them regret first or maybe you can teach them, so they can learn from the mistake and become smart in coming days...  Smiley

They still don't know the difference between Private key and Address. That's why they are easily scammed...
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 09:50:11 AM

Giving your ETH address private key means giving the entire of your ETH coin and tokens in that address,
this should be the basic knowledge that everyone must have in cryptocurrency.
ETH is not a private coin, everyone can check whether the tokens are in the wallet address or not, by using etherscan explorer.

It`s the same with all wallets and if you share your private keys, mnemonic phrase, or keystore file, most likely you will stay without all coins. People still make mistakes by sharing them to others, sometimes people are tricked to do that. Usually, scammers pretend to be admins or developers that can help you with some problem, but the only thing they want is your keys.
Never ever give your keys to anyone! If you give you keys you need to make a new wallet, with new keys and move your funds just in case!

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 11:41:52 AM

You know when you get something out of platter of gold, you cannot safeguard it like you got it with your sweat, I guess the only people that would be careless with their key are either people that did not directly use their money to invest in the coins, like this airdrop, maybe they got them through airdrop or some cheap easy campaigns because I don’t think anyone that worked for months to also get his tokens from campaign will be careless with their keys.

Those keyshare very important to us, and we really need to make sure they are protected at all cost, which is why I always advise people to use more of paper wallet or hardware wallet, at least with these ones, they will have it physically and can decide to store in a bank or places where relatives and friends would not have access to because that is the only threat to those ones.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
dongosquad

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 11:48:42 PM

Cryptocurrency taught me many things. Including awareness in maintaining and organizing important data. On the internet, nothing is really safe. We are the main players and protectors in maintaining its security, of course, with supporting facilities. Keep all your important data in one safe place, separate the data that can and shouldn't be seen publicly. Backup everything. Don't forget to use double security like Google Authenticator and email confirmation. My advice, for mew, just use JSON file, it's safer I think.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
undergroundartpal

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 12:06:50 AM

Always print out and write down recovery seeds.
Don't just have one copy lying around, either.
And don't do what that one person did and save it on an email account! That went about as well as you can imagine that it did when their account got hacked.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 03:57:04 AM

Try to make money via exchanges arbitrage is one of most common mistakes. I'm sure that even if there's no volatility your profit will still be eaten up by the fees of buying/selling/transferring/withdrawing.

And if you get a big drop between buying and selling it, kiss your profit goodbye.

I'm sure it's possible, but not easy and not without risk.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:12:28 AM

Cryptocurrency taught me many things. Including awareness in maintaining and organizing important data. On the internet, nothing is really safe. We are the main players and protectors in maintaining its security, of course, with supporting facilities. Keep all your important data in one safe place, separate the data that can and shouldn't be seen publicly. Backup everything. Don't forget to use double security like Google Authenticator and email confirmation. My advice, for mew, just use JSON file, it's safer I think.
By doing this kind of precautions you are adding securities and you are adding confidence to yourself that you will not be exposed with any potential threats that may have you up, there's really a lots of beginners and even people who already in the situations still finding themselves being trapped and carelessly made a certain mistakes being tricked by scammers and can't do nothing about it.
Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:22:44 AM

This to me isn't a stupid behavior as regard posting his private key in a group because he never understand what it is for and only need a guidance to explain more to him or her on what those things are , the only reason I can blame such person is not reading and taking note of what is important as your seed will always come with a memo saying it should not be preview to other party but they fail to understand and learning in had way is what most got in late time.
AlaEhBTC

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:27:09 AM

When you see sonething that says private, you should never ever share it to somebody else. Maybe that person who shares his private key is a total newbie and does not understand what he is really doing.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 04:34:10 AM

Maybe they lack of knowledge about how impotant their private key are. It's just like a master key of all of their asset in crypto world. All of that habit are coming from mindset for gathering much money in fast way but still not learning how blockchain work. This is serious problem.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:47:13 AM

Here's my advice for you guys, maybe some of you find this effective because it does for me. During the days when I'm interested to altcoin the most, I manually write down the private key/recovery phrase of my wallet into a sheet of paper including all of the usernames and pw of my social media accounts (including this account as well) and then keep it inside my wallet. FYI, this is not the wallet I use everyday. I only stay it inside my room and use a purse instead every time I go outside. Through this, I was able to keep my accounts secured and also prevents me to overspend somehow since purse was small for storing large amount of money Grin. What a win-win situation, right?
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 07:16:07 AM

Loss of private key or seed word often occurs. In addition to private keys that are not backed up, 2FA codes are also often not backed up by market participants or investors, so they have difficulty getting into exchangers and accessing their funds.
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 08:26:36 AM

There are many cases that people have lost funds due to lose of their ERC private key. So investors should be aware and keep their private key in a safe place. I think there are not ways to recover private key once lost. So you can save it in safe places like email.

kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:30:19 AM

For us to keep our private key and password or phrase seed for what I did was I keep save them in my 2 usb flash drive, so that even my desktop or Laptop will be damage I can still retrieve it anytime I want. Because saving them is more important in savings in the bank, since I am crypto enthusiast.
bonyaserg

Activity: 1876
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:48:20 AM

Yes, quite right, I completely agree that you need to take your wallets very seriously. Since it takes a lot of time to recover all passwords. And you need to be very careful about your funds. Since money is very fond of being taken care of and carefully guarded from scammers.
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:55:02 AM

It is a classic mistake by greedy people. They do not have time to care about the privacy of their keys, they want only money as soon as possible. Most of them are participating in fake airdrops: Give us your private key to verify the address and then we will send you the airdrop..  Roll Eyes

Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 10:03:25 AM

It is a classic mistake by greedy people. They do not have time to care about the privacy of their keys, they want only money as soon as possible. Most of them are participating in fake airdrops: Give us your private key to verify the address and then we will send you the airdrop..  Roll Eyes
Ain't be appropriate to call them greedy,  they actually careless for their account and lead into losing them.  Not a stupid mistake cause even old Bounty hunters tend to lose their keys especially if they only save it into their laptops or PC.  We cant memorize the keys in the first place and losing the keys will be losing it forever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: