Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bad developers have tarnished ICO!  (Read 693 times)
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 11:45:49 PM

I think blaming only bad developers is wrong
We need to blame greedy investors too; who because of profit invested in a scam project; dumped away at first sign of listing.

If investors can ignore quick profits and choose the right projects; bad developers will reduce drastically

Yeah i think it's all because the ponzi scheme that made ICO image is bad.
Some get rich very fast because of HYIP coins and and some get rekt.
If only the developers and the investors mindset is wanna grow the crypto environtment in the future maybe one day there will be many new good project

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 11:57:26 PM

Erc20 is the basic platform for all and no doubt one of the best in terms of tokenization. I am sure, eth network knows that their paltform has been used for illegal and scam activity. I think they probably setting or upgrading their platform to a mote secured one in the future. Before, it is massively used and until now many still used their platform since its easy to create tokens. The SEC monitoring potential threat and scam projects but they cant stop the people from doing it since there is no solid ground or rules for it.
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 11:58:41 PM

I will not blame the platform because the platform has been built in such a way, but I will blame the developer, Why? because most developers have misused this for crypto schemes to get rich and most project failures are based on the background of developers who do not have extensive knowledge and deliberately tarnish the ICO project's bad image.
The idea about making a token for a project was a novelty but people took the idea as a cash cow to make a ton of money in a short period of time and that is what happened in the market, all the projects that started died off and they collected billions of dollars and the many scams that looted the money after the initial period and running away with the money was a common scene in the market and now there is no one trust that trust the ICO market.
Aabcde

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:24:48 AM

The idea that makes sense for them is to reap as much profit as possible.
ICO's heyday has ended because of the stupidity of developers like this. Many legit projects have been affected by this negative effect. Which has been embedded in the minds of investors that ICO is a means to find quick profits for developers and runaway after that. So why we should put our money here!?

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████████████████████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:49:10 AM

There are coins where they hired guys that are still in university and still studying...I mean its okay as the guy has experience into blockchain domain but when he is still learning and gets hired by a project to code tell us that the project doesn't have the necessary budget to develop the coin to high standards.

Developers play a key role in a project but the problems come from the CEO and CFO who don't want to spend a lot of money to pay them and they simply hire devs without proper initiation into the blockchain zone no wonder why many left and they have trouble to hire others and when they hire they wake up that the hole code is screwed and they need to hire a pro debugger in order for the project to continue. Poor management leads to project to be put into the dead zone or waiting zone...

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:51:45 AM

that in the past ICO projects performed very well if they used ERC20 tokens or projects built on established platforms. because it has the potential to grow well and reduce risk when compared to creating new technology. but now on the contrary I don't see ICO functioning properly even though it's built on an existing platform like ERC20.
I will not blame the platform because the platform has been built in such a way, but I will blame the developer, Why? because most developers have misused this for crypto schemes to get rich and most project failures are based on the background of developers who do not have extensive knowledge and deliberately tarnish the ICO project's bad image.

I totally agree with you. I miss those days of ICOs run by legit developers with platforms that are unique and have a practical use. Today it is very hard to invest in a very legit project that even gets launched in the market. now you really have to have deep knowledge of every ICOs as scammers are becoming smarter in conning victim investors.

Scammers are smart enough to make people fool, they act like real and legit but after raising the money they start showing the real face. Most of the ICO have no technology or a vision except some words on whitepaper! 2017 was the golden year of crypto and many big projects came but what happened then? Most of them are dead already.
Due to the hyped of ico's that year, those legit ico's lost in the track by those scam ico's.  They have collected more investors because their project seems to be legit.
These ico's focused more on collecting funds from their investors and disregarding their own plan to the project. Making the ico's look bad in the eyes of every investor in the community.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 04:44:21 AM

Despite the risk of ICO, many crypto entrepreneurs blinded to continue in acquiring the advantages of this trend. That’s why it attracts many scammers, financier joined to invest a huge amount of money toward an approximate altcoin and realizing it in the end that they invest in a deceptive and fraudulent token. Sad to say, day by day it increases the number of victims of dishonest schemes. Even the well-experience investors fall into this some mistakes.

I will not blame the platform because the platform has been built in such a way, but I will blame the developer,

SEC is now moving for some legal actions for the developers and the endorsers of ICO.
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:11:40 AM

Unfortunately, the majority of crypto projects are aiming only one goal, to make the devs rich. If you mention, that team members are starting to save on everything,  sell your tokens as quick as possible to save your funds.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:33:53 AM

In my view it is nt bad developers which tarnished ico it is bear market and up gradation of technology ico coins got efforted badly
tazmantasik

Activity: 1112
Merit: 507

Don't Get Involved

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:48:12 AM

Why did the ICO become tarnished? Because everyone has the opportunity to develop their projects and that opportunity is used by a number of people. Even though the project developed was not going well. Previous investors had trusted the ICO and now that trust has been lost. ICO is also no longer trusted.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

I think blaming only bad developers is wrong
We need to blame greedy investors too; who because of profit invested in a scam project; dumped away at first sign of listing.

If investors can ignore quick profits and choose the right projects; bad developers will reduce drastically

No i don't think it is wrong at all, i think they are the root of the problem why we have so many failed and scam ico's in the market, you can't seriously be blaming investors on this now, bad dev team are the ones going about lunching and marketing fake project and looking for investors to support their idea, whats wrong with people trying to invest in what seem to look like a good idea to them? how can investors be blame for this, nobody will knowingly invest in scam project, this projects always turned out to be fake after you have invested, quick or non quick profit has nothing to do in this situation, any fake or scam project already came in the market with one goal in mind, some of them don't give you time to take profit at all.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:10:17 PM

that in the past ICO projects performed very well if they used ERC20 tokens or projects built on established platforms. because it has the potential to grow well and reduce risk when compared to creating new technology. but now on the contrary I don't see ICO functioning properly even though it's built on an existing platform like ERC20.

I totally agree with you. I miss those days of ICOs run by legit developers with platforms that are unique and have a practical use. Today it is very hard to invest in a very legit project that even gets launched in the market. now you really have to have deep knowledge of every ICOs as scammers are becoming smarter in conning victim investors.

Scammers are smart enough to make people fool, they act like real and legit but after raising the money they start showing the real face. Most of the ICO have no technology or a vision except some words on whitepaper! 2017 was the golden year of crypto and many big projects came but what happened then? Most of them are dead already.
Agree,  that 2017 has many good project i see many investors earn 100% or morethan that investing in ICO. But things change in time and many greedy people, i will not called them developer since some of them only hired developer to create them a token and use that to make there own project.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 12:31:57 PM

ICO developers are not left alone to blame. Investors who are carelessly investing in scam ICOs without wvwn reviewing the project and the team's credibility should also be blamed. Not to mention those investors who are dumping their tokens or coins once it gets listed. This lessens the market value of the token, thus making the development slow or even stagnant due to lack of budget and support from investors.

princerepon

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 09:55:12 PM

It's too easy to create some token with ERC20 blokchain. And this is the saddest and greatest part for this technology. Saddest because any one can create their own token and they can easily scam you. And many scammers take this chance and scam lot of people. In my opinion It's better idea to create token/coin of their own blockchain technology now.

I agree with you. Many projects team don't know how to use blockchain, how it works and how the concept/idea will help regular people. They just create some token and try to make rich theme self (not all of them). Even you can't find any project team or dev after the token sale. It's seems like i got my money now bye.  Grin Grin
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 10:05:39 PM

ICO developers are not left alone to blame. Investors who are carelessly investing in scam ICOs without wvwn reviewing the project and the team's credibility should also be blamed. Not to mention those investors who are dumping their tokens or coins once it gets listed. This lessens the market value of the token, thus making the development slow or even stagnant due to lack of budget and support from investors.

This happens with most of the project as investors tend to invest in the scam projects just by going through the convincingly themed ICO website without even doing proper investigation as most of the ICO mention name of some big MNC as their partners just like that to attract the investors,  there are some cases wherein bounty users dump the token once they receive it as I have seen this with well know project like policy pal wherein the investors has to take the brunt.

zeze18

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 11:54:49 PM

Why did the ICO become tarnished? Because everyone has the opportunity to develop their projects and that opportunity is used by a number of people. Even though the project developed was not going well. Previous investors had trusted the ICO and now that trust has been lost. ICO is also no longer trusted.

It depends on how good the investors doing research about the ico that they want to invest. Many ico project is still good they just need opportunity to grow and i'm sure there are some new project like ethereum's success in the future
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 12:39:13 AM

This happens with most of the project as investors tend to invest in the scam projects just by going through the convincingly themed ICO website without even doing proper investigation as most of the ICO mention name of some big MNC as their partners just like that to attract the investors,  there are some cases wherein bounty users dump the token once they receive it as I have seen this with well know project like policy pal wherein the investors has to take the brunt.

Well everyone who was involved in cryptoworld has become accustomed to this kind of dilemma so project owners must expect this to happen and should have a concrete plan to achieve success on their own project but it is difficult to avoid falling the value of their coin. ICO have passed and developers are creating a new way of marketing strategies to invite more people in crypto but still scam projects also growing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
reality18

Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 04:12:22 AM

Of course, bad developers are to blame for the tarnished image of ICOs. These bad developers tarnished the reputation of ICOs through their lousy works which had no unique features. Most of the works were just repetition of existing ideas and products of other project. Others also lacked the expertise market the project to attract more investors hence ending up failing.
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 05:25:39 AM

Not all projects are perfectly made or will be perfect just like how bitcoin still lacls in some areas till date but this is not the problem that affects ICO, its not about bad developers but scam ICO projects, scammers are to be blame, lets just forget about ICO because its never coming back, investors have lose interest in them

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:06:57 AM

The past developers tarnished the ico because they scammed many investors. They only focusing to earn money and that's why investors are always experiencing losses. There are now only few icos that becoming successful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: