Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO and IEO running at same time for same project  (Read 657 times)
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 06:48:24 PM

I will never trust such moves, I do not see any sense in them. For me, this is the first signal that the project can be supervised by scammers who do not understand what they are doing,
and they put all their eggs in one basket and say "buy faster."

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 06:55:36 PM

During the beginning of 2019 some ICOs mentioned that they need to switch to an IEO model, if they want to collect enough funds. But some of them are doing both, which I do not like, because it leads to price differences etc.
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 07:09:32 PM

What you see is those project who had their ICO before,
And then, they decided to do the last phase of the sale with IEO to gather more investors.
They want to have a higheer success that is why they do this.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 08:35:16 PM

Holding ICO and IEO at the same time is a strange move I think. But technically it's normal. Some guys will buy these tokens on exchange and some - on the main website. And everybody will be able to trade it, afterwards.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 08:42:05 PM

With the introduction of IEO, there is a great reduction in holding ICO  by the projects.
Even though this is the situation, now a days I have observed that some projects are holding ICO as well as IEO same time. They also don't share the exact amount of funds raised
Isn't it confusing for investors? What are your thoughts? Why projects are using both methods?

New projects want to raise the maximum amount of money, which is why they resort to various methods of attracting investors, which is why they conduct both ICO and IEO at the same time.
If the project hides information about the amount of funds raised, then I try not to invest in such a project. I believe that honest people do not need to hide the amount of money received.

gundala

Activity: 896
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 10:41:31 PM

Simultaneously? or ICO has been held first, then IEO now? As far as I know, there were a number of projects that had held ICOs last year, and this year when IEO became more popular, IEO was also carried out but for a relatively small amount, I think it was only a marketing strategy to form stronger trading networks and investor trust.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1001

Instant cryptocurrency exchange with own reserves!

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:00:44 PM

I will never trust such moves, I do not see any sense in them. For me, this is the first signal that the project can be supervised by scammers who do not understand what they are doing,
They do the both token sales in order to collect more funds but these ways are not going to add extra legitimacy to the project in my opinion. Understanding such moves is hard for me, the concrete token sale mode will be appreciated by the crypto community.

▄▄███████
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████▄██████████▄
▄██████████▄████████████▄
█████████████████████████
████████▄████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀████████▐████████████▀
▀██████▐████████████▀
▀██████████████▀
███████▀▀

INSTANT 
██████████████████████
████████▀░░░░▀████████
█████▀░▄█▀▀█▄░▀█████
██████░▄▀░░░░▀▄░██████
██████░█░░░░░░█░██████
██████▄░▀▄▄▄▄▀░▄██████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
███░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░███
██▌░▐█░░░░░░░░░░█▌░▐██
██░░░█░░░░▄▄░░░░█░░░██
███▄░█▌░░▀██▀░░▐█░▄███
██████▌░░░░░░░░▐██████
██████████████████████

NO KYC  OWN LIQUIDITY RESERVES  
 BTC 

ETH 

LTC 
 DOGE 

TRX  

BNB  
 TRC20 

ERC20 

BEP20 

SWAP NOW   
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:18:46 PM

~snip~ now a days I have observed that some projects are holding ICO as well as IEO same time. They also don't share the exact amount of funds raised

It is strange enough for me, what for they provide two kinds of token sales at the same time. Moreover, they seem not open to the public for fundraising transparency. If anybody finds out this kind of project, I suggest to not join in it. It is better to look at the others and avoid a potential scam project.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Yamifoud

Activity: 2772
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:23:06 PM

They do the both token sales in order to collect more funds but these ways are not going to add extra legitimacy to the project in my opinion. Understanding such moves is hard for me, the concrete token sale mode will be appreciated by the crypto community.
It only lose the trust of investors for them. They are greedy to look at and not really it helps to attract investors.
Knowing how important to protect their reputation and that's how they should never have to do that cause it only give some speculation of another way of scamming activities. There is no sense to have this project if they keep lying to us.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
aditasetia123

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:31:21 PM

Holding ICO and IEO at the same time is a strange move I think. But technically it's normal. Some guys will buy these tokens on exchange and some - on the main website. And everybody will be able to trade it, afterwards.
its very strange if we buy token in main website meanwhile this token alreadt traded in any exchanges.profesionakl investors prefer to buy in exchanges, so if they get profits they could sell it faster no need to tranfer from website to exchanges wallet.
Whibu

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:32:17 PM

One project that runs ICO and IEO together indeed makes investors confused about choosing, moreover they are not transparent in providing information. 
But that is their way of attracting investors, and I would choose to participate in IEO even if it was on a small exchange.
Barracuda

Activity: 514
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 11:56:21 PM

Not an easy thing to do both simultaneously. It is also not a good idea to collect funds by having 2 methods, namely ICO and IEO. The project will choose the current trend, IEO. That's what they will do, not do it together.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 11:57:15 AM

Its actually more common that projects are doing IEOs on two or more different exchanges (more chance to reach their funding goal), but I am not sure if I have ever witnessed running ICO and IEO of the same project at the same time, interesting and highly unusual.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 01:20:34 PM

Why would a legit project ever use an ICO and IEO simultaneously? This is a big red flag for a scam IMHO.

Hmm are you sure dude? I ever participated at bounty which is running ICO and IEO together but in case "they started the private sale first", then put IEO in last stage". project still alive and now,preparing their exchange for launching. That project name are XCRYPT

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1259

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2019, 08:43:43 AM

Actually it is very good if the project does it simultaneously. Because the trend now is IEO and ICO era has begun to disappear. Surely the project thought about it and looked for investors who preferred to do it. So it's very rare for a project to do that simultaneously.
Seems like you all just reiterate what everyone says and nod your heads at everything happening without realizing what happens in the background. Both of them are attempts at crowdfunding.

Now if a project does both does it not come to your mind that they project is trying to "oversell" its token -in other words, the project may be overbought? Does it not ever come to you that the market manipulation is too high here?

That the devs are going to sell off their tokens right after the listing? And leave the investors speculating for years and the price comes down exponentially and the devs abandon the project, only coming once a while in the blue moon to say a minor development. All in all nothing but a scam.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mcnocon2

Activity: 616
Merit: 18

📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 08:47:12 AM

With the introduction of IEO, there is a great reduction in holding ICO  by the projects.
Even though this is the situation, now a days I have observed that some projects are holding ICO as well as IEO same time. They also don't share the exact amount of funds raised
Isn't it confusing for investors? What are your thoughts? Why projects are using both methods?
IF they do an ICO and an IEO at the same time then thats a very bad decision. IF they done an ICO with their IEO already conducted then that means they dont trust the exchange their conducting to. They knew that they will not gonna raise much on that exchange thats why they decided to do ICO.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 09:36:40 AM

With the introduction of IEO, there is a great reduction in holding ICO  by the projects.

I think that on the contrary it will bring more investment in companies that conduct both ICO and IEO, because many investors prefer to invest in IEO right now, while other investors prefer to invest in ICO. Unfortunately, a huge number of companies hides the amount of the money that was collected through ICO or IEO and this of course does not please investors, because every investor wants to know whether to keep the purchased tokens further or sell, because of low amount raised by company during ICO or IEO.
mika11

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:10:52 AM

why are they running at the same time both while i find ieo more suitable ico at the moment?
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 10:14:36 AM

When IEO and ICO are run together, I don't think it will confuse investors. Investors can choose to invest through IEO in exchangers or buy tokens directly from the developer team. Such methods are rarely done but there are projects that do it and in my opinion it is safer to transact in IEO held by exchangers

darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 11:02:15 AM

Desperate times need desperate methods, thats why projects run ICO and IEO at the same time. They try all methods to get fundraising in order to be succeed
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: