Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:47:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think is the best Bitcoin Payment Gateway now?  (Voting closed: September 08, 2019, 10:58:56 AM)
bitpay - 4 (44.4%)
btcpay - 4 (44.4%)
coingate - 1 (11.1%)
opennode - 0 (0%)
shopify - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Bitcoin Payment Gateway  (Read 277 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 12:44:46 PM

The best way is to accept bitcoin directly and cut out all the middlemen.  This is was the whole purpose of bitcoin in the first place.  Don't let middlemen leech off your business without providing any real value to you.

That's cool if you have no supply chain, or your entire supply chain feels the same. If they don't then you're stuck with the current bunch of kludges.

I would start off by seeing whether my staff wanted to be paid in BTC and then ask the other companies I work with. It might be slow but things may flower from there.
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 06:08:15 PM

The best way is to accept bitcoin directly and cut out all the middlemen.  This is was the whole purpose of bitcoin in the first place.  Don't let middlemen leech off your business without providing any real value to you.

That's cool if you have no supply chain, or your entire supply chain feels the same. If they don't then you're stuck with the current bunch of kludges.

I would start off by seeing whether my staff wanted to be paid in BTC and then ask the other companies I work with. It might be slow but things may flower from there.

The reason why they add middlemen to have at least secured transaction. Companies that have entered cryptocurrency for its users want to be affiliated with Payment gateways to be easier and essential.

That's the purpose of bitcoin since it's decentralized, the purpose of it is getting wider, better and to make it more user-friendly especially to those non-techy people. Bitcoin wasn't really for technology, it's also for businesses.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 07:36:54 PM

There is some misunderstanding in earlier posts here. Btcpay is software (Free and Open Source), it talks the same way Bitpay expects. The idea is, any merchant already using Bitpay on their site could stop using them, and switch to using btcpay setting it themselves or have a (different) third party.

This is why you are not going to see "btcpay" much as most sites switching to it would appear they are accepting bitcoin directly.

So yes, anyone could use btcpay to setup a bitpay clone service, and the merchants themselves can do it.

Ideally merchants would just take bitcoin directly, but i guess some people want to keep all their accounting in fiat. By using a payment processor, all they ever see is fiat, the processor exchanges it before it reaches them.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print