Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Infographic] Three points to get merit (based on my experience)  (Read 442 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
masulum (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1595

hmph..

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 04:55:47 AM

<Snip>
- Creative and problem-solved ideas for your posts
- Stay on main ideas and develop main ideas well and easy to understand with supportive ideas.
- Don't forget to have a topic sentence for your posts, if you have a long post to write.
- As always, if you can answer question shortly, let keep it shortly (the longer your post is, the more probability you will give distraction to readers).

That points so true..
Problem solve is the key to get rewards from another member. That why beginner & helps and meta board can be a place to gain merits. And for member who can't speak good english like me, but can be a problem solvers for their local, it more better than trying to get merits with make a post on global boards but using translation without editing.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 10:40:22 AM

If you want merit the biggest thing is what section you post in.

That's pretty much it. No need to research any further. There's little merit to be had in local boards, none in any alt section.

Meta is the merit fountain, particularly any stats about the forum itself. I've no idea why that is but it's been very consistent since merit was implemented. My best guess is it's populated by people who are interested in and care about the forum and they tend to be established members. I think it's a bit silly myself.

True. A Newbie or an average forum member isn't going to be terribly interested in the inner workings of the forum and the meta topics, so most people there are moderators and Legendary members, IOW, users who are more likely to be merit sources, in addition to having left over sMerits of their own.

Some people manage to get hundreds of merit points in the Dev & Tech section, but you have to visit that section often and be well-informed, not really something common of an average Newbie.

And then there's the Wall Observer thread, in no other place have I seen so many shitposts so heavily merited. Some are funny though Wink

Signature space available for rent.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1037

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:03:16 PM

Posts are shitposts only if they have bonds with financial benefits. In WO, posters don't have post quota, because of signature disabled in WO. So, I don't call any posts in WO are shitposts. They are funny, yes. They are non-sense, yes. But none of them are shitposts. And merited posts in WO are good examples of how users can use their smerits.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
cryptobaro

Activity: 1120
Merit: 200

Turkish Translator

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:17:39 PM

Very nice information for the people in need of merit, rather than posting the same thing over and over, it is necessary to post quality stuff. Gaining merit is not that easy, we need to be creative and informative.

1881 - 193∞
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 10:55:45 PM

Posts are shitposts only if they have bonds with financial benefits. In WO, posters don't have post quota, because of signature disabled in WO. So, I don't call any posts in WO are shitposts. They are funny, yes. They are non-sense, yes. But none of them are shitposts. And merited posts in WO are good examples of how users can use their smerits.

TIL. Only just now have I noticed signatures are actually disabled in that thread. Found theymos' post from mid-2017 announcing this rule.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:26:35 PM

I feel a teensy bit ambivalent about it sometimes. It's become something of a feedback loop. There are some great posts but also stuff that gets the hell merited out of it there wouldn't get a second glance elsewhere.

And something can totally be a shitpost without any financial incentive involved. Sometimes shitposts exist with the, deeply wrongheaded, idea that they're increasing their impressiveness for a future application for something. Or they simply have heads filled with shit.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1037

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 01:10:20 AM

I feel a teensy bit ambivalent about it sometimes. It's become something of a feedback loop. There are some great posts but also stuff that gets the hell merited out of it there wouldn't get a second glance elsewhere.

And something can totally be a shitpost without any financial incentive involved. Sometimes shitposts exist with the, deeply wrongheaded, idea that they're increasing their impressiveness for a future application for something. Or they simply have heads filled with shit.
There are some kinds of users in WO:
- Users who don't wear signature.
- Users who wear signature.
For users who don't wear signature, we can determinantly that they don't get any benefits from their merits earned from WO, no matter how they earn merits
For users who wear signature, and earn merits in WO, their quality of merited-posts is obviously a big matter. Hilariously, it is so difficult to call them as merit abusers in WO, because merit distribution in WO is a big myth, and totall different than any other main-board or sub-boards.
TIL. Only just now have I noticed signatures are actually disabled in that thread. Found theymos' post from mid-2017 announcing this rule.
Signature disabled in WO, before Two new no-signature boards, since 2017, really?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 02:28:07 AM
Merited by hd49728 (1)

Signature disabled in WO, before Two new no-signature boards, since 2017, really?

Yes, seems like it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1993570.msg19851325#msg19851325

(unless theymos waited several months before instituting this change, I don't know, I don't visit the WO thread very often)

masulum (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1595

hmph..

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 02:27:10 PM

<snip>

Some people manage to get hundreds of merit points in the Dev & Tech section, but you have to visit that section often and be well-informed, not really something common of an average Newbie.

<snip>

From beginning i join this forum, i never post on it, because i know, don't have knowledge about development or technology of crypto. Even on Beginner and Helps, sometimes i know what the points, but i don't know how to write in English.

Maybe for people who have  skill on programming or at least know how to solved user problem or have any experience to solved and share with other member, they will got merit by it self. Newbie on this forum levels, but very professional on skill, it can be a key for that user to get merits. It will funny if someone acting as developers but he/she just giving a wrong information. maybe that a reason why on that section not like an average newbie who join this forum.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
roksana.hee

Activity: 448
Merit: 119

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2023, 05:01:03 AM

Icon set from Flaticon.com

Special thanks to: Husna QA and tranthidung

Original version: https://i.ibb.co/4ZS8Nds/Forum.png
--o0o--

I really impressed with your post for I already convert your post into my local language in (Bengali). I hope you appreciate with me that this post would need to convert to more languages.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: