Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:47:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you staking or mining, or both?  (Read 668 times)
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 11:11:16 AM

Staking coins are winning the race of late and lots of attentions have shifted to these projects which offer dividends for its holders. The masternode coins offer this opportunity where an investor gain rewards for holding a certain number of the tokens for a certain period of time. Coins like DIVI, Bitrue, Smartfund, TELE etc use this strategy.
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2019, 11:27:32 AM

the customs of offers with functionality on service with the eth network of blockchain gives as helps on chance of investors to manage of one as referring the higher relative on nominal of results on work with the bitcoin finance.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
Dilladupak

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 11:32:33 AM

I think I don't like both, which I think now I am more focused on getting profits in investing in ICO and one more thing I also prefer to trade. Because for me it's also a good way to make a profit.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2019, 11:43:34 AM

I personally prefer staking, because to start minning requires a large enough cost. at least a compatible computer device for the minning software that will be used, and that is very expensive, coupled with the cost of electricity bills which is also quite high because the computer does not die during mining.

that's the reason why I prefer staking over minning.
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 11:52:53 AM

I'm staking a few different coins right now.  The current price is really low and volume is also low but I'm hoping they will soar to the sky someday. 
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 12:05:43 PM

PoW (Proof of Work)

PoS (Proof of Stake)

The most popular consensus mechanisms.

Proof of Stake protocols are gaining traction.  

What about you, personally?

Are you mining, are you staking, or are you doing both? And why?

I told my friends that few projects are already leaving POW behind nd moving to POS for a reason that is unknown but i believe these projects devs must have a good reason for switching if not?why would they switch?

My experience with Prove of staking is easier and convenient than Prove of work to me,the reward is no doubt very low than mining PoW coins but all the same you can upgrade your POS rewards by buying more coins to add to your wallet for staking,if you have the money to build a mining farm why not consider POS instead? its more easier than POW

Staking is actually easier just as creating tokens is easier than building your own Blockchain.
I think proof works need new ideas & fine tuning and not discarding it. Proof of stake can easily be centralized and there are some other disadvantages. I wonder if you guys ever consider that kyc could make staking less anonymous in the future.
muhhentuhhen

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 05:13:40 PM

I paused mining because of rising electricity costs and poor prices on exchanges. I would have considered staking but I am afraid of the ROI at the end especially now that price of coins are dipping badly. Trading is the best

Now there is a strict extrusion from the mining of all those who did not bother in time with such issues as updating equipment, finding cheap electricity and creating a financial airbag. Private miners are being destroyed, just as the market deals with hamster investors who give in to panic sales in attempts to return at least part of the money invested. This business will not bring much for the usual miner.
staking (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 05:47:54 AM

Join the r/staking subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/staking
billyhaleym
Copper Member

Activity: 128
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:41:19 AM

I would have preferred to mine or do both but mining is more involving and entails a lot so I rather stake with the little that i have on me considering the high capital that an individual needs to input in other to yield higher retuns as far as mining is involved

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:44:32 AM

i heard about staking but i didnt experience what it feels like  .  i also heard about mining and i did experience doing it but only on my phone before but i never tried it on my lappy because i dont want to risk it for a few amount of coins because mining is not that good enough if use on regular gadgets but mining works the best if you will use a real miner hardware. thats what mining experts said to me once .
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:15:16 AM

now I prefer to take bets and also invest in the long run. cost limitations and mining equipment that makes me unable to do that anymore, especially considering the market is bearish, the results are sufficient for the cost of returning electricity, in contrast to betting I always get profit every day from there.

Iykejunior

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 07:29:28 AM

Right now, as a matter of fact I do none, but if I had the resources to go ahead with any of the two, I would go ahead with POS and stake to earn from the blockchain, miming bitcoin seems to be too much stress
michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 02:14:18 AM

now I prefer to take bets and also invest in the long run. cost limitations and mining equipment that makes me unable to do that anymore, especially considering the market is bearish, the results are sufficient for the cost of returning electricity, in contrast to betting I always get profit every day from there.

Be careful if you take bets because the situations will not always give you benefits. Investing will be a good idea for you as you can expecting to make a big profit in the future. That will be your choice if you want to invest in bitcoin and hold it until the price can increase. Mining will not be a good way to earn money if you don't have good hardware and your electricity fee is too high to pay. But staking can be a good way to make a nice profit yearly, but you need to choose the right coin to stake.

Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 04:51:41 AM

Staking is really taking the centre stage these days. It has brought more profit than ant other thing these days. i will stick to staking for sometime to come.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 02:23:12 PM

I dont think i can gain the profit anymore by mining coins in cryptocurrency.
The price of most coins are stay on the bottom right now, so i decided to staking some coins.
Some coins have masternode reward, which the reward is bigger than staking.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 04:21:40 PM

staking is better than mining, its cheaper
but, if you want to learn about trading, i think its better than both buddy

illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 06:03:17 PM

I would have preferred to mine or do both but mining is more involving and entails a lot so I rather stake with the little that i have on me considering the high capital that an individual needs to input in other to yield higher retuns as far as mining is involved

Mining can be both profitable or not - it depends on the country where you do it. As a result of the study, it turned out that the most expensive mining is in South Korea. Here, one Bitcoin mining will cost you $ 26,000. However, the cheapest mining in Venezuela, where you can get BTC for only $ 531. It is also worth noting that according to the results of the study, in most of the analyzed countries, mining Bitcoin turned out to be inexpedient due to high electricity prices.
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1190
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2019, 06:33:40 PM

I see the benefit in staking. For staking, we don't need to do anything apart from keeping the coins or tokens in project's ecosystem.
For mining, it needs more resources so kind of additional investment.
However I am not sure which gives more stable returns.

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 07:39:01 AM

In my opinion mining is the great way to earn crypto, but the electricity cost in our country is too high so I can not do mining, not profitable in my country better to do staking.
There are so many of us that has wished so many times that we could mine, but the cost is what is scaring us away, when you look at the cost of setting up and the cost of mining itself, you will see that it is an expensive thing, and that issue of electricity is another drawback.

I personally don’t like staking because I see that it is just an unnecessary way of the project tying someone money down for a particular period of time which is risky because anything could happen to the coin at that time, no matter the percentage increase they would have promised, so for me, it is either I use the staking money to invest in something physically or just put the money in bitcoin which will still be the most profitable thing in the long run no matter what the staking promised.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 08:09:06 AM

I see the benefit in staking. For staking, we don't need to do anything apart from keeping the coins or tokens in project's ecosystem.
For mining, it needs more resources so kind of additional investment.
However I am not sure which gives more stable returns.
There is something many people excluded from Prove of Work advantages, sometimes if you start mining new project you will have many more coins in a short period of time and if you have luck the project will list on good exchange and you will be able to make big profit in short time,this is not available on POS either
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: