Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:57:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you staking or mining, or both?  (Read 668 times)
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 08:14:04 AM

I see the benefit in staking. For staking, we don't need to do anything apart from keeping the coins or tokens in project's ecosystem.
For mining, it needs more resources so kind of additional investment.
However I am not sure which gives more stable returns.
There is something many people excluded from Prove of Work advantages, sometimes if you start mining new project you will have many more coins in a short period of time and if you have luck the project will list on good exchange and you will be able to make big profit in short time,this is not available on POS either
I believe the combination of both staking mining and smart trading will give you more chances of becoming a successful in the cryptocurrency market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 08:23:29 AM

I see the benefit in staking. For staking, we don't need to do anything apart from keeping the coins or tokens in project's ecosystem.
For mining, it needs more resources so kind of additional investment.
However I am not sure which gives more stable returns.
There is something many people excluded from Prove of Work advantages, sometimes if you start mining new project you will have many more coins in a short period of time and if you have luck the project will list on good exchange and you will be able to make big profit in short time,this is not available on POS either
I believe the combination of both staking mining and smart trading will give you more chances of becoming a successful in the cryptocurrency market.
Experience will be the benefiting factor. With your broad knowledge regarding to this industry, a combination of staking coins and trading it once in a while will give you a much higher chance to grow your portfolios. If you know the right timing when to hold and keep your coins staking inside your wallet while waiting for the value to rise, then after that trade whenever you see the opportunities to sell it up with high value. By keeping repeating the same cycle, you are increasing the numbers of your assets with  maximizing your available ways.
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 10:03:43 AM

I am trying to mine coins, because it is slowly recovering. Back in 2018, mining was unprofitable and brought only disappointment. Staking is a great thing, but I cannot imagine people that are happy with 1-3 percent per year.
Marckolind

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 05:59:59 PM

I used to do cold staking, before I switched to masternodes.

Really worth looking into cold staking projects, as it saves you a ton of electricity. Stakenet (XSN) developed the first cold staking tech on the market (And the best one I know actually, and it's been working ever since.

I switched to masternodes, because they're soon getting 3-4 more passive revenue streams from dApps, cold staking contracts, privacy transactions, lightning transaction fees, and more.

Mined some doge back in the days, but was never too profitable doing so, and my computer heated up like crazy, mining is definitely not for everyone Smiley
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 07:41:21 PM

I am trying to mine coins, because it is slowly recovering. Back in 2018, mining was unprofitable and brought only disappointment. Staking is a great thing, but I cannot imagine people that are happy with 1-3 percent per year.
1-3 percent per year in cryptocurrency is very small, but it ok for some people because they prefer to increase their amount of cryptocurrencies in their portfolio and not risk it...

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
akeegan

Activity: 236
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:01:08 PM

Staking mostly because I can't afford mining.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:36:42 PM

In my opinion mining is the great way to earn crypto, but the electricity cost in our country is too high so I can not do mining, not profitable in my country better to do staking.
There are so many of us that has wished so many times that we could mine, but the cost is what is scaring us away, when you look at the cost of setting up and the cost of mining itself, you will see that it is an expensive thing, and that issue of electricity is another drawback.

I personally don’t like staking because I see that it is just an unnecessary way of the project tying someone money down for a particular period of time which is risky because anything could happen to the coin at that time, no matter the percentage increase they would have promised, so for me, it is either I use the staking money to invest in something physically or just put the money in bitcoin which will still be the most profitable thing in the long run no matter what the staking promised.
So we basically talking about those masternodes or those coins give out staking.Try to see that Minexcoin in the past where this is one of the most
popular wayback when it comes to staking but eventually this project dumped down to the floor.This is the primary disadvantage on investing to these kind of schemes yet you wouldn't know on when the dev or the community itself would leave out such project unless if its a exception one then it might last longer but most of the time they do fail.
Setting up your mining rigs and mine for yourself isn't really that easy and as said cost on building one wont really be a joke.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yourdano

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:42:20 PM

Good evening there everyone. And what is your approach towards investing? In my opinion, also a pretty great and bright opportunity, if you have enough opportunities
arrangut

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:44:13 PM

Good evening there everyone. And what is your approach towards investing? In my opinion, also a pretty great and bright opportunity, if you have enough opportunities

Greetings yourdano. You know, to be honest, much here depends on knowledge etc. What I would probably say, talking about investments, the process is easier with some investment firms or so that just help you to manage your funds. But that's just my opinion
yourdano

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:44:53 PM

Greetings yourdano. You know, to be honest, much here depends on knowledge etc. What I would probably say, talking about investments, the process is easier with some investment firms or so that just help you to manage your funds. But that's just my opinion

Hmm, that's an interesting thought. To be honest, have never used such, but it seems that it is for sure the way for less experienced investors
arrangut

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:48:55 PM

Hmm, that's an interesting thought. To be honest, have never used such, but it seems that it is for sure the way for less experienced investors

I cannot say that I am aware of many solutions that are offering great possibilities here, but as I know, there is only 1 most advanced one. Guys are called Hodium and they are definitely leading the industry
yourdano

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:51:36 PM

I cannot say that I am aware of many solutions that are offering great possibilities here, but as I know, there is only 1 most advanced one. Guys are called Hodium and they are definitely leading the industry

Hodium? Sounds very familiar... Can you please tell me more about what they are bringing, please? For sure interested to know more
arrangut

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:52:59 PM

Hodium? Sounds very familiar... Can you please tell me more about what they are bringing, please? For sure interested to know more

In few words, team brings its expert-level knowledge and experience of the blockchain industry and crypto asset management for those who wish to avoid risks and concerns of investing in cryptocurrencies or those who have limited knowledge and experience of investing in general. Better google them and check out the website, pretty sure that you will be impressed with what the guys are offering
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 10:31:48 PM

The cost of electricity has never been friendly with me, so I do not mine rather I stake as well as trade. As for staking, I don't do it much, instead I stake when I think it's worth it as most can end up not being profitable, while in the case of trading, I do so everyday as I find is more worthwhile.
However, any day I change location I might consider giving mining a chance again, because if done appropriately comes with its own profit.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 11:15:41 PM

I like the idea of POW more than POW but I do not have the capacity to own a mining rig to start with it. With the introduction of CPU mining again with the latest projects coming, I am able to mine with my PC and get some little coins per 24 hours. I think this is a good thing even if it is not something that will fetch me much  money. When BTC started, no one believed it so I want to start with the CPU mineable coins and get to the ASIC miners.

Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 12:06:21 AM

I use stakes and trading to make a profit every month. Although the bear market greatly affects stake profits, it is a safe way for us to increase the number of coins.

boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 01:43:27 AM

I prefer PoS but I like Masternodes also. Pow was good some years ago and now it can be only profitable if 1. you have a huge mining power and 2. if you're electricity is not so expensive in your country so that's why PoW is more for the rich guys nowadays and this made me to switch to PoS and try to get some good masternodes.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:15:54 AM

If the cryptocurrency market keep staying on the bottom, i will prefer to staking than mining.
To gain profit with mining, you will need a good price of the coin you mine so you can get the profit after minus your electricity expense.

Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:18:00 AM

I dont do mining right now because of the price of bitcoin and other POW coins. Its not profitable given that the electricty here is very expensive. On the other hand, I prefer staking or running some masternodes over mining. Less hassle and very profitable if you pick the right coin for long term hold.

sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 07:59:46 PM

now I use to trade, invest in ICO projects and join prizes to get better profits, because for me it's also a good way to get bitcoin.
I don’t do much of ICO projects again, because I found out that it is not helping matter in increasing in bitcoin, although some are still reliable but not as much as they use to be, the best way for me to increase my coin is actually through trading as you do, I have wanted to stake coins, but the money involved in staking the coin of my interest is more like the same amount in mining.

I would have rather prefer to mine, but setting it up is even not the issue, but the cost of paying for electricity that those machines consumes is the major challenge here. Trading is still the simplest of it all, at least with as low as $100, you can continue to trade and be generating profit without much stress provided you have the knowledge about trading of the coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: