Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:36:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S2 Setup [HD]  (Read 63117 times)
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 10:57:07 AM

Hello, I have strange problem with my s2. It worked like a charm and then started to make problems... I switched PSU for 1200W FSP and even microSD card with new 4GB Samsung. I tried with all boards and with one board and S2 is still not hashing.

No matter what I do my S2 only spin fans on max rpm and I can not access it via browser.

Any suggestions?

freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:02:13 AM

Hello, I have strange problem with my s2. It worked like a charm and then started to make problems... I switched PSU for 1200W FSP and even microSD card with new 4GB Samsung. I tried with all boards and with one board and S2 is still not hashing.

No matter what I do my S2 only spin fans on max rpm and I can not access it via browser.

Any suggestions?
That sounds like a SD card problem... try re-imaging it, or try the old one again...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
dimke_yu

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:12:19 AM

Yes I tried that also... with old cards and with new one same thing... I think now that problem is somewhere in beagle or in my network...

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:25:38 AM

Yes I tried that also... with old cards and with new one same thing... I think now that problem is somewhere in beagle or in my network...
Then I'd say check all the cables are firmly inserted... if the screen stays blank, then it must the the beagle as you say, or the card. If there was a problem with your network it would still boot up.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
dimke_yu

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:50:32 AM

Cables are ok because everything worked fine, screen is blank and device is not accessible... i made card again and it did not worked... i have one knc here and i will try to change the beagles to see if it is going to work. If someone have any idea please share it Cheesy Thanks

dimke_yu

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:44:45 PM

And now it is working... all I did was disconnected beaglebone from board and put it back... i really do not understand why are this things happening...

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 01:18:31 PM

And now it is working... all I did was disconnected beaglebone from board and put it back... i really do not understand why are this things happening...
I'd noticed you'd upgraded the power supply, so figured it was possibly something that came loose during the process... glad it's working Smiley

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:13:35 PM

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding the boards in the S2.  I have one card that needs to be removed to RMA back to Bitmain, and was hoping someone here has done the math on which card slot the chain #1 card coincides with.  Is chain 1 closest to the PSU in the unit, or is it furthest from the PSU?

Cheers.
Pug

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:34:45 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 08:12:14 PM by Pug

-
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 12:10:02 AM

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding the boards in the S2.  I have one card that needs to be removed to RMA back to Bitmain, and was hoping someone here has done the math on which card slot the chain #1 card coincides with.  Is chain 1 closest to the PSU in the unit, or is it furthest from the PSU?

Cheers.
I believe its the one furthest away as that's always the hottest card.

TracerX

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:25:44 AM

Cheers.

Thank you, sir.  That will save me a few steps.  I'll verify it tomorrow and return with what I find out!
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:16:49 AM

Can somebody tell me how to change the password of the S2?

When i try it i always get the message "invalid password".

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:53:58 AM

Cheers.

Thank you, sir.  That will save me a few steps.  I'll verify it tomorrow and return with what I find out!
Yep, it's the furthest card.. the slot numbers are written on the power board.

The numbers don't always match the chain number in the gui if a card is missing though, i.e. if one card is missing from slot 4, the gui will show chain#1-9.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:55:30 AM

I don't think there is a fix for this... perhaps BITMAIN will release an updated firmware soon (hint, hint)... hopefully.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
TracerX

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:32:23 PM

Cheers.

Yep, it's the furthest card.. the slot numbers are written on the power board.

The numbers don't always match the chain number in the gui if a card is missing though, i.e. if one card is missing from slot 4, the gui will show chain#1-9.

Thank you, sir.  I appreciate it.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:56:31 PM

I don't think there is a fix for this... perhaps BITMAIN will release an updated firmware soon (hint, hint)... hopefully.
The fix would require a new model of the controller card, because its due to the specific type of BB they used not having non volatile memory (...the SD).

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:13:22 PM

The fix would require a new model of the controller card, because its due to the specific type of BB they used not having non volatile memory (...the SD).
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob... if you can change things like miner configuration and ip address, why not the password, wouldn't that just require an update to the luci interface with the appropriate commands?

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:16:13 PM

At the risk of sounding like a complete noob... if you can change things like miner configuration and ip address, why not the password, wouldn't that just require an update to the luci interface with the appropriate commands?
I was referring to the SD card being corrupted

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:59:55 PM

Tbh I think this corrupt SD problem is probably more to do with some shoddy programming than anything else. I think there is something writing to the disk the whole time and if not stopped 'gracefully', it corrupts the card. I'm finding that if I eject the card before powering down, I don't have a problem with corruption. I haven't re-imaged a card in a week  Grin

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
TracerX

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:47:23 PM

Tbh I think this corrupt SD problem is probably more to do with some shoddy programming than anything else. I think there is something writing to the disk the whole time and if not stopped 'gracefully', it corrupts the card. I'm finding that if I eject the card before powering down, I don't have a problem with corruption. I haven't re-imaged a card in a week  Grin

I have had 100% success SSHing into the machine and issuing a shutdown command before I flip the power off.  I've been troubleshooting a malfunctioning blade and have had the power off and on 20 times or so at this point.  Zero problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: