Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:19:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is more scary...  (Read 734 times)
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 12:05:45 PM

Hi all...
I want to ask, which of these two things is more feared by traders, market manipulation or coin dumps. both of these things always make the loss of traders from the beginning of popular crypto until now.

I'm personally very scared when the market is at an uptrend, but suddenly there is a dump that causes prices to fall very deep, even lower than when I bought the coin. that's why when prices go up high (more than 15%) I won't buy it. I better not get profit than get stuck by FOMO. while for market manipulation, this is normal. I'm not surprised by this, because I always trade coins that have a large marketcap. so the risk of manipulation is very low. and when there is manipulation I will definitely know.

how about you guys? which makes you scared?

Partly both the things are unpleasant I often encounter when people complain about market, market makers and so forth. Let us assume that market makers are unfair. Are we (as investors) able to revenge them? Probably not. Generally I would not recommend somebody to revenge because usually revenge devastates an initiator. What about market makers, they are qualified market participants and that is why they usually score vs regular investors.

The only way to take revenge is by not investing into that project any further and warn others with your words at a large scale. This, in my opinion is not revenge but a punishment to the fakers for playing with trusts of innocent people. In order to keep yourself safe from such incidents, the best way is to invest in renowned coins like bitcoin or ethereum. At least, the fear of FOMOs gets eradicated.
right, by investing in coins that are already trusted there is no room for them to move and deceive investors. so they don't get the money and end up stopping their actions, even though it's hard but it's our hope, they are actually the biggest cause of the bad crypto market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danielchris

Activity: 574
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 01:00:53 PM

I think   it's a very important to choose our decision what we can do. It's only depend ourself. Because there is no,  knowledge about we can do due to  market conditions when we face dump & pump.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 01:18:45 PM

manipulation is a common thing, but about dumping i think this is something that is scary for some or maybe most traders, because when a dump happens at least it will cause a big panic effect which of course when the panic can no longer be controlled then the price drops will continue deeper, but there are still benefits that can be used in every situation and it depends on those who have experience in dealing with every situation that happens

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 01:59:11 PM

I personally very scary if the market is attacked by hackers ,while for trading I'm not scary because its a natural thing for me anyway worried there is indeed when the market is manipulated because I don't know when that will happen

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 02:30:57 PM

Hi all...
I want to ask, which of these two things is more feared by traders, market manipulation or coin dumps. both of these things always make the loss of traders from the beginning of popular crypto until now.

I'm personally very scared when the market is at an uptrend, but suddenly there is a dump that causes prices to fall very deep, even lower than when I bought the coin. that's why when prices go up high (more than 15%) I won't buy it. I better not get profit than get stuck by FOMO. while for market manipulation, this is normal. I'm not surprised by this, because I always trade coins that have a large marketcap. so the risk of manipulation is very low. and when there is manipulation I will definitely know.

Partly both the things are unpleasant I often encounter when people complain about market, market makers and so forth. Let us assume that market makers are unfair. Are we (as investors) able to revenge them? Probably not. Generally I would not recommend somebody to revenge because usually revenge devastates an initiator. What about market makers, they are qualified market participants and that is why they usually score vs regular investors.

The only way to take revenge is by not investing into that project any further and warn others with your words at a large scale. This, in my opinion is not revenge but a punishment to the fakers for playing with trusts of innocent people. In order to keep yourself safe from such incidents, the best way is to invest in renowned coins like bitcoin or ethereum. At least, the fear of FOMOs gets eradicated.
In my own opinion, the downfall of the particular coin is normal because we all know that the nature of every cryptocurrency is their volatility, meaning it is changing time by time so if we experienced some downfall right now, maybe later or sooner it will come back to its high price. You know what is important? It is the patience that we need to have in this kind of business. Patience is a virtue for us to earn a lot of money we need to have that attribute and not only that, we should have courage to earn and do not painc sell bacause it is maybe one of the reason why a particular coin dumps.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 03:29:38 PM

In my own opinion, the downfall of the particular coin is normal because we all know that the nature of every cryptocurrency is their volatility, meaning it is changing time by time so if we experienced some downfall right now, maybe later or sooner it will come back to its high price. You know what is important? It is the patience that we need to have in this kind of business. Patience is a virtue for us to earn a lot of money we need to have that attribute and not only that, we should have courage to earn and do not painc sell bacause it is maybe one of the reason why a particular coin dumps.

Yeah it is normal and we should not be scared if those coins are becoming stable of they are at top coins, but if they are not even in top 100 and there is no development at all, only false hopes and promises from the core team, then it should be up to us to decide if we still need to wait and hold, or let's move on and sell our coins/tokens in Bitcoin while there is still chance or just risk and just let it.
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 03:50:47 PM

Hi all...

the two things between market manipulation and coin disposal are indeed detrimental, maybe we should continue to try to be calm in the face of both. for example, if we look at the disposal of coins, the price will definitely be dumped. but in contrast to market manipulation maybe we can quickly get the best price quickly so that when we get the best price we are not stuck in a dump

DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 04:10:21 PM

From what you said its seems as though the dump you referring to is market correction and price retracement. If it is market correction and price retracement you meant then there is nothing to be scared of. As long as crypto market exists there will be definitely be a time after every pump, a time for correction before the next pump. I think traders are more affraid of market manipulation by big whales,  there can be a huge spike in price of crypto token and the next fee minutes its dump heavily this leads to huge loss om the part of traders. Crypto traders are scared of this .

ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 04:12:05 PM

Dump is fine and we learned it in the past that it is going to happen somehow. However this kind of market drifting is very scary. Dont know where it will find a bump and start moving up.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 04:12:42 PM

The most scary is price dump, but there is assurance that price dumps will only occur on weak projects, pick top altcoins and you won't be in worries over price dumps
My opinion even we are investing on top altcoin but at the long bearish period it will still not profitable for trader. This will different for long investment. So everything is different depend on which type we are.
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
November 15, 2019, 04:14:20 PM

The most scary is price dump, but there is assurance that price dumps will only occur on weak projects, pick top altcoins and you won't be in worries over price dumps
My opinion even we are investing on top altcoin but at the long bearish period it will still not profitable for trader. This will different for long investment. So everything is different depend on which type we are.

Price dump is definitely scary. Even more scary part is when we have invested in that. POroper research alone is not sufficient these days. Crypto is like gambling.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 07:20:12 AM

None of the above option is scary to me, because I have learnt to deal with both. It was in the past when I was more of holding alone for long term investment that makes both to scare me when they dump the market and when the market is being manipulated high.

Now that I use my money aside the one kept for long term trading for trading in a shirt term, when the price dumps real high, I see that it is the best time for me to quickly buy the one that I can buy so as to make a big profit when they manipulate the price back up, so it does not matter to me how long they continue to do this, I just keep moving in the same train with them, as they are making their money, I am also making my own money too until bitcoin becomes a stable coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: