Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How important is the name of a cryptocurrency project?  (Read 690 times)
Lantind

Activity: 2324
Merit: 263

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 01:10:55 PM

It does not matter at all how a coin is named, because there are some more aspects that are much more important to collect funds and to end with listing on a good exchange like team management, marketing plan and a working decentralised solution to an existing problem.
Yes, I agree with your opinion, because the name of the project is not so important, because there is still more important than a name that must be given to the project, but it will be more specific if a good project with a good name, because with a name that is A good project will be more easily recognized by everyone, although team performance is also an important point in a project.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 01:13:59 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2019, 09:45:31 PM by boltz

The name of the project has its role for sure as you can't name it without representing the project. Also before you find the name you must be sure that there is nothing similar or near it ad the acronyms are available.

Another step would be to find catchy names as you see "Ethereum or Bitcoin" are both catchy and well think names. The last step would be that your tech to be similar with your name so people will know in what they're engaging it just by seeing the name.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
andra73

Activity: 430
Merit: 10

terra-credit.com

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 01:25:57 PM

It does not matter at all how a coin is named, because there are some more aspects that are much more important to collect funds and to end with listing on a good exchange like team management, marketing plan and a working decentralised solution to an existing problem.
Yes, I agree with your opinion, because the name of the project is not so important, because there is still more important than a name that must be given to the project, but it will be more specific if a good project with a good name, because with a name that is A good project will be more easily recognized by everyone, although team performance is also an important point in a project.
marketing is an important name. the suitability of the name with the platform or project concept to be carried out must also be considered. of course, you know why naming a product becomes a thought that is difficult after an idea is made. You certainly have experienced this problem, and therefore for marketing, the name becomes very important to be made as well as possible.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂| ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Masyudhi

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 05:12:19 PM

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this matter. Can the name of a project provide significant benefit or detriment to a project if it is appropriate/unappropriate or unattractive/attractive -sounding?
I am not sure how much of an impact it has.
I don't think that the name has a big effect unless the name contains negative elements and makes some parties feel disadvantaged. But for cryptocurrency, I don't think the name is a big influence, because I personally see projects based on the product and the team behind it. So, I don't really think about the name as long as the name doesn't contain negative elements or contains something that is misleading.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 05:31:57 PM

The name of the project has its role for sure as you can't name it without representing the project. Also before you find the name you must be sure that there is nothing similar or near it ad the acronyms are available. Another step would be to find catchy names as you see "Ethereum or Bitcoin" are both catchy and well think names. The last step would be that your tech to be similar with your name so people will know in what they're engaging it just by seeing the name.

You have a good analysis of the names given to project based on the tech guiding it or usage. Like xcard (just using that example) for instance, you can understand that it is a card used just like ATM card for fiat. I think name is important to seeing the purpose and use of a coin.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:03:44 PM

Maybe some people think a name is not important and does not have a significant impact, but I personally consider it to be very important and also the project team must really think about an interesting name for their tokens or project because with a unique name and easy to remember of course this can be a special attraction for investors, but with a good name must also be accompanied by a good team performance also in developing products created by their projects, there is no point if the name of the project / token is interesting, but the project did not develop at all.

yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:06:44 PM

If you want to create a serious project you need to conceive a serous name for the project.

There is only 1 project in cryptocurrency history that is successful with a joke name - Dogecoin.

Right! This project is an exception to the rule and proves that the name is not so important. The main thing is successful and effective activity. Therefore, for me personally, the name of the project doesn't play any role, I rely on other aspects.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:11:44 PM

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this matter. Can the name of a project provide significant benefit or detriment to a project if it is appropriate/unappropriate or unattractive/attractive -sounding?
As long as the name of a coin is not offensive or violates a copyright law I do not see how the name of a coin could influence positively or negatively the long term success of a coin, what you must care about is whether or not a coin is being developed by serious people, if they have a plan, how trustworthy they are and if their project has any chance to be profitable if you invest in it.

However while the name of a coin should not have an effect on the long term it can have a short term effect, that is why there are so many coins with bitcoin in their name since they want to make you think that somehow they are improving the code of bitcoin and making it better and they do this to create hype.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 06:33:16 PM

The name of a cryptocurrency can speak a lot about the project but however most of the coins on the market have technical names which are not English words. A catchy name is nice to pronounce but do not really determine the success of the project. The success comes from the expertise of the team, the product, it’s use case etc.
Vitamin_52

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:34:33 PM

the name of the project plays a great role. call it shit, and people will just walk by no matter what team they represent. beautiful names can come up with a lot, but still have to answer for this name!
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 07:41:50 PM

I think it makes an impact but it is not very essential actually. Smart people tend to look on how good your whitepaper is and the benefits they can get from your project. You should really name your project properly but most importantly, you should have a great whitepaper and team background.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2019, 07:47:00 PM

The name might give you some significant clues about the motivations of a project.

Any project that uses a well known mainstream name / activity / reference in his cryptocurrency (like pizzacoin, or fitnesscoin etc.) should be approached with great reservation I think because chances are good that such a team is coming from completely outside the blockchain industry, and merely trying to piggyback on the marketability and coolness factor of crypto currencies for their mainstream business...

princerepon

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 09:14:33 PM

Nothing at all i think. If you have a good idea thoughtful plan and great team management then i don't think it's matter at all. But that not means you give your project name what ever you want. I saw some projects which name based on their on name. i mean really. Grin Grin  I think it's a better to choose name a name from project what it's based on. And choose small word and maximum two words is the best option i guess.
Why do you think that the name of cryptocurrency is nothing important? This is the first step in creating a cryptocurrency that's why the name is really important. Every crypto name is important, to know its differentiation and its use comparing to other existing cryptocurrency. Its name is the basement of its existence, it is like a mother naming its child.

If i'm not wrong if you go CMC website then you can see many good projects which name is not too much valuable. Like UNUS SED LEO, Crypto.com Coin, Basic Attention Token, ABBC Coin, Synthetix Network, BitCapitalVendor etc. Those are not cool names at least but those projects achieve their goals anyway.

And i totally disagree with you that line "Its name is the basement of its existence, it is like a mother naming its child". Great team management, thoughtful idea, huge communication etc should be core for the project. Just think without those thing you have a good name, should your project will be success one..?
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 09:43:22 PM

I personally do not think the name of a project plays any role in the success or failure of the project. Even if it does it would be very minimal.
The success or failure of a project is determined by how hard working or lazy the team is and how they are able to market the project to the public and their targeted audience.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2019, 10:43:32 PM

Naming is significant for cryptocurrencies just like every other product out there and that is because the name has to have a meaning and represent something for the platform and its users.

Also a catchy and easy to remember name is good especially when introducing the project to the offline or non Blockchain marketplace.
Good projects all have names that are easy to remember.

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069

https://listfaucet.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 12:15:45 AM

Unless you come up with an absurd name or offensive in popular languages, you are good to go. Investors would be more focused on the whitepaper than the actual name but it would be better if the name doesn't give a different meaning than what the project is trying to achieve. Many projects also use the names related to the project in a different language.
It would be better if the name sounds original, a name like litecash coin would not thrill people.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Top 5 Crypto Faucets - Earn Crypto For Free! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
1. VieFaucet  ♥♥♥  2. Earnbitmoon.club ♥♥♥ 3. Feyyora.top  ♥♥♥  4. Coinpayz.com ♥♥♥  5. Adbtc.top
⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏⏏
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: