Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CATc] Cataloniacoin · Conference soon thanks to a Google dev · SCRYPT-N  (Read 81981 times)
Davidbc

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:07:47 PM

i like this coin, it stands for something with the whole Catalonia/Spain deal.
blockexplorer and some more news/activity would be nice though.
The interview took pretty long,  so some pointers on important stuff for the english speaking people here would be great. (If the english on your team isn't sufficient, maybe get someone with english language skills on board as a "spokesman")

I'm listening to it right now, I'll translate the most important things they say.

4:30 They mention Bitcoin, auroracoin, etc and then Cataloniacoin.

5:50 They start asking about Cataloniacoin.cat and the coin. He says they are studying a system for the distribution. He explains the pre-mine and then what ''mining'' is because those guys of the radio have no clue about cryptocurrencies xD

10  They ask what they can do with those coins. Then he mentions exchanges. The radio guy says this kind of coins seem to be more orientated to especulation rather than normal day stuff like buying a beer xDD

11. They still don't understand how you can make money ''out of nowhere''

15. They compare Cataloniacoin with other similar coins like auroracoin.

16. They talk about the future, about how it might become famous and start being used in different stores and such.

20. Starts explaining how you anyone can create their own coin. 

22 Explains the distribution of the coins.

23 Is it legal? Iceland parliament said it isn't legal but that they couldn't stop it.   He answers: it isn't legal but it isn't illegal either.

24 The market decides which coins survive and which doesn't.

25 Goverments are worried because they can't tax it.

26 We will hear a lot about all this cryptcurrency thing in the future. Dev's name is Pol.

From the technical point of view, there are many inconsistencies in the explanations, but I might be because of the nerves. Experience is important here, next time it will go better.

However there are two points which I don't like at all:

IMO the developer is accepting during all the talk that the only aim of CataloniaCoin is the speculation.
In any moment he said the aim of it is to be used for exchange goods and services as part of the Catalonia social economy.
Sorry but I don't share at all this idea. If this is the real purpose of the coin there is no real future for it.
And even if you don't think that, this is what anyone not familiar with the cryptos will understand after listening this podcast.

When the interviewer ask him about how are they gonna know someone is Catalan or not to spread the premined coins.
They said it was possible to block by IP! So only IPs from Catalonia will have access to this "web system" to claim the money.
Afterwards he said, people might use proxies to claim coins from the outside (obvious!).
But then the conclusion is that they do not have any idea about how to restrict this and how to spread the coins among the Catalan people.
That is a very very important part of this kind of coins and I think it must be clear from the beginning (justify it by a magic system not implemented yet, is not serious) .

Look other country proposals which, in my opinion, are solid and serious:
- AuroraCoin: The country with higher digital inclusion in the world. They have public access to the citizens census.
- Muniti: They are gonna send by standard post a letter with the wallet (so one share per family/house)

However, let's wait for the translation, maybe I understood in the wrong way.

You're right about how to block non-catalan people from claiming the coins, but what they said about speculation is that they coin, at this moment, can only be used to speculate in exchanges, BUT if it gets famous around here then it would be used to buy goods/services just like normal currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
p4u

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

crypto lover

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:13:43 PM

The interview took pretty long,  so some pointers on important stuff for the english speaking people here would be great. (If the english on your team isn't sufficient, maybe get someone with english language skills on board as a "spokesman")

I'm listening to it right now, I'll translate the most important things they say.

5:50 They start asking about Cataloniacoin.cat and the coin. He says they are studying a system for the distribution. He explains the pre-mine and then what ''mining'' is because those guys of the radio have no clue about cryptocurrencies xD

10  They ask what they can do with those coins. Then he mentions exchanges. The radio guy says this kind of coins seem to be more orientated to especulation rather than normal day stuff like buying a beer xDD

16. They talk about the future, about how it might become famous and start being used in different stores and such.

20. Starts explaining how you anyone can create their own coin. 

23 Is it legal? Iceland parliament said it isn't legal but that they couldn't stop it.   He answers: it isn't legal but it isn't illegal either.

26 We will hear a lot about all this cryptcurrency thing in the future. Dev's name is Pol.

From the technical point of view, there are many inconsistencies in the explanations, but I might be because of the nerves. Experience is important here, next time it will go better.

However there are two points which I don't like at all:

IMO the developer is accepting during all the talk that the only aim of CataloniaCoin is the speculation.
In any moment he said the aim of it is to be used for exchange goods and services as part of the Catalonia social economy.
Sorry but I don't share at all this idea. If this is the real purpose of the coin there is no real future for it.
And even if you don't think that, this is what anyone not familiar with the cryptos will understand after listening this podcast.

When the interviewer ask him about how are they gonna know someone is Catalan or not to spread the premined coins.
They said it was possible to block by IP! So only IPs from Catalonia will have access to this "web system" to claim the money.
Afterwards he said, people might use proxies to claim coins from the outside (obvious!).
But then the conclusion is that they do not have any idea about how to restrict this and how to spread the coins among the Catalan people.
That is a very very important part of this kind of coins and I think it must be clear from the beginning (justify it by a magic system not implemented yet, is not serious) .

Look other country proposals which, in my opinion, are solid and serious:
- AuroraCoin: The country with higher digital inclusion in the world. They have public access to the citizens census.
- Muniti: They are gonna send by standard post a letter with the wallet (so one share per family/house)

However, let's wait for the translation, maybe I understood in the wrong way.

You're right about how to block non-catalan people from claiming the coins, but what they said about speculation is that they coin, at this moment, can only be used to speculate in exchanges, BUT if it gets famous around here then it would be used to buy goods/services just like normal currency.

As a manager/developer of the CataloniaCoin I think his role is to promote the usage of the coin outside of the speculation market.
From their words it seems that CataloniaCoin can only be used (now and forever) to obtain BitCoins and then buy some stuff.
I know this is not probably the intention of the developer, but it is what anyone not familiarized with the cryptocurrencies would think.
Let's wait for the translation.

mastegatatxes

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:56:47 PM

Can I have my 2.5 CAT please? I was on the list, I entered only once, yet you totally skipped me.

CUDooziHKsXrpRXx7Bha77khuQ2whDw9NV

And I'm from Barcelona, I'm sure lots of people that aren't even european got their coins...  Huh

Me too please:

CV3jwSYp7fvVpiRetyLZoZW9saUdmziih7

you have received all my support since time began and I have not received anything in exchange :-(
Fermin

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:13:20 PM

The interview took pretty long,  so some pointers on important stuff for the english speaking people here would be great. (If the english on your team isn't sufficient, maybe get someone with english language skills on board as a "spokesman")

10  They ask what they can do with those coins. Then he mentions exchanges. The radio guy says this kind of coins seem to be more orientated to especulation rather than normal day stuff like buying a beer xDD

20. Starts explaining how anyone can create their own coin.  

23 Is it legal? Iceland parliament said it isn't legal but that they couldn't stop it.   He answers: it isn't legal but it isn't illegal either.

End of the interview.

There goes 26 minutes of my life, feel free to donate: CUDooziHKsXrpRXx7Bha77khuQ2whDw9NV

Thanks!
CataloniaCoin (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:25:41 PM

Can I have my 2.5 CAT please? I was on the list, I entered only once, yet you totally skipped me.

And I'm from Barcelona, I'm sure lots of people that aren't even european got their coins...  Huh

Me too please:

you have received all my support since time began and I have not received anything in exchange :-(

Mastegatatxes ja set va enviar a la adressa  CTnnNnBuFL1YeFFa68ka5gwETrvYYT5U94
mastegatatxes

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

Me too please:

Mastegatatxes ja set va enviar a la adressa  CTnnNnBuFL1YeFFa68ka5gwETrvYYT5U94

I'm sorry but this address is not mine. Mine is the one I posted above. Can you check you haven't mixed addresses and nicknames? I'm saying so because although my nickname was in the lists you released on Wed. I haven't received the bounty.

thanks!
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:49:33 PM

We need some marketing for this coin

we can promote by twitter

http://coinok.pw

1 BTC = 1 BTC
speedhash.eu

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 04:09:14 PM

STABLE CATALONIACOIN POOL SINCE LAUNCH
catc.speedhash.eu

100.00% Pool Efficiency! --> Mine now!

P.S Mr DEV - speedhash.eu is still waiting for 2.5 CATc Smiley We applied, we got listed only once but no reward.
bacoinin

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:39:44 PM

As a manager/developer of the CataloniaCoin I think his role is to promote the usage of the coin outside of the speculation market.
From their words it seems that CataloniaCoin can only be used (now and forever) to obtain BitCoins and then buy some stuff.
While you are raising a valid point, many people fail to emphasize/focus on the most important aspect of the whole interview thing. That is, that the people behind this coin are willing to go public and defend their idea/creation and NOT hide behind a screen and keyboard.

I will bring you two opposite (sad) examples:

-AphroditeCoin: The "dev" claimed to be a british-cypriot, didnt had a clue about Cyprus (his Cypriot name was spelled/copied wrong) and ofcourse the web page was only in English. There was an article from a journalist who attempted to find him and of course failed.

-Greececoin: The "devs" again who claimed that they are saving the Greece didnt knew a single word in Greek, again the same crap here too

NONE and i repeat NONE ever attempted to appear in public nor were willing to do that. This is true for almost all the cryptocoins especially those related to countries. So imho the guys behind this coin deserve a big BRAVO and THANK YOU for being real!

It seems, based on your previous posts, that you want to help the cryptoscene and Catalonya in general but may i remind to you and everybody else here, that, bashing the guys behind CatalonyaCoin (sometimes for some ridiculous staff like a few miss-pays of 2.5 CATc) is NOT a solution to any of the problems. You seem like a very competent guy/gal with some interesting ideas! So why don't you try to post a few structured suggestions or/and critics here, so we can ALL scratch our heads a little bit on those issues/ideas. Again we have the power to make this project (and i am not speaking strictly about CATc) a success...
I know this is not probably the intention of the developer, but it is what anyone not familiarized with the cryptocurrencies would think.
For example it would be awesome if you could write a small article in Catalan for the "www.vilaweb.tv" to clarify a few points and to help Catalan people to understand better the cryptocurrencies. Its very probable that Vilaweb would be willing to publish a follow up article for http://www.vilaweb.cat/noticia/4182112/20140330/lauge-bitcoins-nacionals.html on Cataloniacoin/Cryptocurrencies. If you consider yourself a pioneer attempting to promote the cryptocurrency-awareness to the public, consider this: The CataloniaCoin could be the device that provides you/us the access to one of the most powerful forces in the world today,the MEDIA. Which could be a great thing if used wisely... 

To the rest of the whiners here:
This is not some private company that we can demand solutions right here right now. All the things that we want to be done, can be formulated in terms of suggestions, discussed and maybe after all, implemented if the COMMUNITY likes it. And the most important part is, that, the guys behind this coin have tryed to listen and seems are willing to listen to most of the critics/suggestions. Behind every coin the driving force is and will always be the community, and it seems that they have realized that from the day 1.

To the devs:
Please guys use the community. Its OK to not have everything figured out. Post some of your ideas for discussion, ask for help, even maybe ask the community to try to self-organize. It seems that there are some very interesting people hanging in this thread (and i am not refering to the "OMG i didnt got my 2.5 CATc, am gonna leave" people Cheesy. To those i can only say "good luck somewhere else !").

Suggestion:
Can we please move the disputes for the giveaway CATc claims to another thread...
midnight_rgs

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:40:43 PM

We need some action!!

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
telematico

Activity: 198

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:58:43 PM

50% premine !!!
Dead coin !! Angry
Lordoftherigs

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:01:45 PM

While you are raising a valid point, many people fail to emphasize/focus on the most important aspect of the whole interview thing. That is, that the people behind this coin are willing to go public and defend their idea/creation and NOT hide behind a screen and keyboard.

I will bring you two opposite (sad) examples:

-AphroditeCoin: The "dev" claimed to be a british-cypriot, didnt had a clue about Cyprus (his Cypriot name was spelled/copied wrong) and ofcourse the web page was only in English. There was an article from a journalist who attempted to find him and of course failed.

-Greececoin: The "devs" again who claimed that they are saving the Greece didnt knew a single word in Greek, again the same crap here too

NONE and i repeat NONE ever attempted to appear in public nor were willing to do that. This is true for almost all the cryptocoins especially those related to countries. So imho the guys behind this coin deserve a big BRAVO and THANK YOU for being real!

It seems, based on your previous posts, that you want to help the cryptoscene and Catalonya in general but may i remind to you and everybody else here, that, bashing the guys behind CatalonyaCoin (sometimes for some ridiculous staff like a few miss-pays of 2.5 CATc) is NOT a solution to any of the problems. You seem like a very competent guy/gal with some interesting ideas! So why don't you try to post a few structured suggestions or/and critics here, so we can ALL scratch our heads a little bit on those issues/ideas. Again we have the power to make this project (and i am not speaking strictly about CATc) a success...
For example it would be awesome if you could write a small article in Catalan for the "www.vilaweb.tv" to clarify a few points and to help Catalan people to understand better the cryptocurrencies. Its very probable that Vilaweb would be willing to publish a follow up article for http://www.vilaweb.cat/noticia/4182112/20140330/lauge-bitcoins-nacionals.html on Cataloniacoin/Cryptocurrencies. If you consider yourself a pioneer attempting to promote the cryptocurrency-awareness to the public, consider this: The CataloniaCoin could be the device that provides you/us the access to one of the most powerful forces in the world today,the MEDIA. Which could be a great thing if used wisely... 

To the rest of the whiners here:
This is not some private company that we can demand solutions right here right now. All the things that we want to be done, can be formulated in terms of suggestions, discussed and maybe after all, implemented if the COMMUNITY likes it. And the most important part is, that, the guys behind this coin have tryed to listen and seems are willing to listen to most of the critics/suggestions. Behind every coin the driving force is and will always be the community, and it seems that they have realized that from the day 1.

To the devs:
Please guys use the community. Its OK to not have everything figured out. Post some of your ideas for discussion, ask for help, even maybe ask the community to try to self-organize. It seems that there are some very interesting people hanging in this thread (and i am not refering to the "OMG i didnt got my 2.5 CATc, am gonna leave" people Cheesy. To those i can only say "good luck somewhere else !").

Suggestion:
Can we please move the disputes for the giveaway CATc claims to another thread...

+1 well said
CataloniaCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:13:55 PM

Hi!

Yes, It was the first CataloniaCoin team interview on the radio and one of the members of our Dev-Team was a little bit nervous but most of the questions from the interview were related with Bitcoin and we focus on answering some questions relating it with BTC  Wink

We accept all the comments that you're giving to us! Of course  Cheesy we're working and as well as p4u or others like Lordoftherigs & bacoinin said, dev team is here for you!
Some people, when they saw that coins are not on a exchange say: Bye, bye! But we're not trying to be a coin for this purpose...

Our purpose is to create a solid project and we're in contact with stores to implement our coin as a payment method. We're also working in the nearly-future of CataloniaCoin and if you don't see us at high prices in some exchanges be patient... because all the coins that you mine now, are going to be very important in the future, because we're here for you and CATc have an important future coming...

Focused on Catalonia but to all over the world!  Smiley
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:24:15 PM

Hey, sorry to sound squishy, but you also skipped me, and i think i was among the first to mine, post here, trade on bittrex and fill the google invoice ....
CH7gnk8trktk3ToYNA9on7nv5BQ3jtiG5J
Check your logs, and this thread...
Maybe you sent to another one at my name? I already have 4 CAT adress so lmk if you find my name. Simply put, all my CAT are in bittrex and got nothing on the wallet so im 100% sure the pre-premined coins didnt hit me :-)
thanks in advance,
paulson

This space is for lease, apparently.
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:25:28 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/CATc

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
CataloniaCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:14:32 AM

Remember that the actual price is not important and we're going to attend more exchanges soon

All we need is to show the people that we're ppl that believe in this project and you are those kind of miners! The ones who appreciate it  Wink
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:23:33 AM

My coin is: CUmvurSPcNmL22YnjGEMRBqKRAoqBHtAZN
Please send me some coin! I like this coin!
_stE

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 09:21:07 AM

STABLE CATALONIACOIN POOL SINCE LAUNCH
catc.speedhash.eu

100.00% Pool Efficiency! --> Mine now!

P.S Mr DEV - speedhash.eu is still waiting for 2.5 CATc Smiley We applied, we got listed only once but no reward.
rofl.. admin of a fee pool is asking for his. 2.5coins... just to sweet. Cheesy
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 11:18:26 AM

Don't came here to say that dev skipped you because they explained everything!

This is a topic to discuss, present some exchanges taht can be good for the coin... don't try to came here to say nonsense things 126163513 times.

See you  Wink

(Still mining It, when we enter to a better exchange this is going to be huge!)

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
Davidbc

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 11:41:11 AM

devs should contact the ANC, I'm sure they will be interested in anythig that can help them towards the independence.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: