Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:02:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CATc] Cataloniacoin · Conference soon thanks to a Google dev · SCRYPT-N  (Read 81981 times)
hyeoam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:25:00 AM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/CATC

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oriolpont

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:04:44 PM

Crossposting from reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Cataloniacoin/comments/23yw95/airdrop_by_birthplace_really/

I see a few obvious problems with this coin and particularly with its proposed airdrop.

I read you are planning to do the airdrop based on place of birth, which looks completely unacceptable when you consider the Catalan demographics: more than one third of its inhabitants are not Catalan-born https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demografia_de_Catalunya

Not surprisingly, the usual definition of Catalan used in politics and media often includes everyone who lives in Catalonia.

I see also a bit of irony in using the Spanish ID for what wants to be the Catalan cryptocoin. The Spanish ID is a valid tool, ok. But it is also a symbol, and when we are building a new country symbols do matter.

The good news is that there is a much better alternative: CatCert certificates, which have many advantages:

1) Most importantly: Available to all residents
2) Issued by the Catalan government; no need to use that silly card with the King's emblem in it (Spanish DNI )
3) Significantly more practical to use: CatCert certificates are USB based (most people do not have a smartcard reader and will not buy one for the airdrop)

In my opinion, point 3 could have a huge effect on the eventual success of the coin. If they are not widely enough distributed, people will never use CATcoins.

Disclosure: I was born in Barcelona, capital city of Catalonia
nuclearjoker

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:26:29 PM

+1

Crossposting from reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Cataloniacoin/comments/23yw95/airdrop_by_birthplace_really/

I see a few obvious problems with this coin and particularly with its proposed airdrop.

I read you are planning to do the airdrop based on place of birth, which looks completely unacceptable when you consider the Catalan demographics: more than one third of its inhabitants are not Catalan-born https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demografia_de_Catalunya

Not surprisingly, the usual definition of Catalan used in politics and media often includes everyone who lives in Catalonia.

I see also a bit of irony in using the Spanish ID for what wants to be the Catalan cryptocoin. The Spanish ID is a valid tool, ok. But it is also a symbol, and when we are building a new country symbols do matter.

The good news is that there is a much better alternative: CatCert certificates, which have many advantages:

1) Most importantly: Available to all residents
2) Issued by the Catalan government; no need to use that silly card with the King's emblem in it (Spanish DNI )
3) Significantly more practical to use: CatCert certificates are USB based (most people do not have a smartcard reader and will not buy one for the airdrop)

In my opinion, point 3 could have a huge effect on the eventual success of the coin. If they are not widely enough distributed, people will never use CATcoins.

Disclosure: I was born in Barcelona, capital city of Catalonia

nuclearjoker

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:55:10 PM

Hi There Catc Developers

I have a few ideas for the coin:

1. We should rather focus on getting on more services, especially something merchant orientated, if you could somehow build a way where at least 1 coffee shop accepts catc, it will actually become a currency. This type of PR is more im portant than switching the alogrithm at the moment.

2. Maybe we should allow a simple site to be created whereby the miners can vote for a todo list on what the developers have todo first, all the miners would have to do is set cleartext in the coinbase, something like TODOVOTE#1. This way we can "democratise" the development of the coin.

3. Make a list of site that contain info to CATC for instance: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Cataloniacoin

4. Also for those that are wondering, market cap on coinmarketcap doesn't include the other 7 mill premine to be airdropped.

Regards
nuclearjoker

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:07:56 PM

http://cati.cat/en
https://www.altcoincalendar.info/coins/321-CATi

Freakin copycats

:-/ :-?
CataloniaCoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:17:22 AM

Hi!

First of all, thanks for sending us your messages!
1: oriolpont, This coin is CataloniaCoin so it's going to be distributed among everyone born in Catalunya. Easy & simple to understand Cheesy
2: everyone interested can buy or use a smartcard from a friend if they really want to have their CATc and move it in the shops.. that are going to come soon. But we appreciate your comment and we're going to add your alternative to our plannings, thanks!

As well, in response to nuclearjoker Smiley
We're working with some catalan developers in a new mobile app to expand the coin to new shops like the ones that you are asking...
This is our 2nd phase.

For example:
1st of all what we have to do is spread the love of CataloniaCoin among all the people and press resources, as well as conferences like the one that we're going to give next month!  Cheesy
So app + merchants = more usage of CATc --> So good!

We also take note of your "TODO" list!  Wink
And yes... we think that they're a copy... but no prob! CataloniaCoin is here because we want a better future and we're working hard on it!

Thanks a lot guys! Comments are much appreciated!
Remember that you can vote for us on Mintpal (http://mintpal.com/voting) or buy CATc, now It's the moment!
Spread the hash, please.
oriolpont

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:43:30 AM

1: oriolpont, This coin is CataloniaCoin so it's going to be distributed among everyone born in Catalunya. Easy & simple to understand Cheesy

No, sorry. Your statement is clear but its motivation is not.

Since it is CataloniaCoin, I would expect it is distributed among Catalans, not leaving out more than one third of them.

We are building a new country. The National Transition Council is proposing that citizenship be given to every (legal) resident. It would be great if all citizens are entitled to get an equal share of CataloniaCoins.

I concede that ius soli is popular these days, but I thought we were steeping ahead of that.

Last but not least, CataloniaCoin is (and must be) apolitical. Naturally, you are not; you seem to be pro independence (fully OK with that).
Then, why do you insist in using the Spanish ID for the airdrop, even when you would not need it?

edit: formatting and typo
CataloniaCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:47:25 AM

lol oriolpont

We're not in any political way!
Have you seen any "estelada" on our news, images...? Please  Smiley
Our dev-team is apolitical

Of course our statement is true, because it's the correct definition. If other people want CATc is as easy as buying some on our exchanges or taking from the Faucets.

We understand you, but also understand us!  Wink
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 01:14:01 AM

Hi!

First of all, thanks for sending us your messages!
2: everyone interested can buy or use a smartcard from a friend if they really want to have their CATc and move it in the shops.. that are going to come soon. But we appreciate your comment and we're going to add your alternative to our plannings, thanks!

As well, in response to nuclearjoker Smiley
We're working with some catalan developers in a new mobile app to expand the coin to new shops like the ones that you are asking...
This is our 2nd phase.

For example:
1st of all what we have to do is spread the love of CataloniaCoin among all the people and press resources, as well as conferences like the one that we're going to give next month!  Cheesy
So app + merchants = more usage of CATc --> So good!

We also take note of your "TODO" list!  Wink
And yes... we think that they're a copy... but no prob! CataloniaCoin is here because we want a better future and we're working hard on it!

Thanks a lot guys! Comments are much appreciated!
Remember that you can vote for us on Mintpal (http://mintpal.com/voting) or buy CATc, now It's the moment!
Spread the hash, please.

well explained!
More CATc bought! & voted on Mintpal!
I think that the app in which you're working is going to be a good idea to let people and shops know the existence of CataloniaCoin as well as with conferences...

Good job!

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
oriolpont

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 10:32:36 AM

lol oriolpont

We're not in any political way!
Have you seen any "estelada" on our news, images...? Please  Smiley
Our dev-team is apolitical

Of course our statement is true, because it's the correct definition. If other people want CATc is as easy as buying some on our exchanges or taking from the Faucets.

We understand you, but also understand us!  Wink

So be it. You are the dev after all. But I do not expect it to reach the Valencian moon in this case. Wink

because it's the correct definition.

No, it is not. I already cited the National Transition Council, but also the current law is unambiguous in that aspect. From the current Statue of Autonomy (regional constitution), article 7:

Spanish citizens legally resident in Catalonia benefit from the political status of Catalans or citizens of Catalonia.
(source: official English version http://www.parlament.cat/porteso/estatut/estatut_angles_100506.pdf)

See also https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condici%C3%B3_pol%C3%ADtica_de_catal%C3%A0 (in Catalan).

Catalan as a demonym is not restricted to define only the Catalan-born. Not in any mainstream use, at least. This has been the case since massive immigration starting half a century ago.

Since your definition is heterodox, I humbly suggest that at least you change the text where you say that
"CataloniaCoins will be distributed among the Catalan people"
to
"CataloniaCoins will be distributed among those born in Catalonia"
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 07:24:51 PM

They said that coin is not "political"

It's decentralized a coin for the people  Wink

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
oriolpont

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:36:58 PM

They said that coin is not "political"

It's decentralized a coin for the people  Wink

Notice that my post was not about politics either, but semanticsWink

Also, do not call it decentralized please. It may be so in November, after the airdrop. Until then, a single person controls almost every coin currently in existence, and more than half of every coin that will ever exist*.

* This is relevant even if the premine stays quiet. You can fork Bitcoin and convince enough people to take over the network (e.g., if the Bitcoin Foundation misbehaves). With CataloniaCoin you could not, before the premine is successfully distributed. Do not take me wrong: equal coin distribution is great and could make a breakthrough; it is just not (yet) decentralized, nor pseudonymous by the way.
CataloniaCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:03:43 PM

Dev-team is working on CataloniaCoin Android wallet to make easy to accept & pay with CATc!
p4u

Activity: 111

crypto lover

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:33:16 PM

In my opinion (also born in Catalonia) distribute the coin only for Catalonia born people is kind of racist.
Why do you discriminate between the geo-position on the earth your parents choose (or not) to get you in this world?
In my opinion a crypto for Catalonia makes sense because of the singularity of that land thus the people who lived here and the people who is currently living here. But in the moment you discriminate on this way, it losses all the sense. So please, reconsider your position here.
CataloniaCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:21:51 PM

In my opinion (also born in Catalonia) distribute the coin only for Catalonia born people is kind of racist.
Why do you discriminate between the geo-position on the earth your parents choose (or not) to get you in this world?
In my opinion a crypto for Catalonia makes sense because of the singularity of that land thus the people who lived here and the people who is currently living here. But in the moment you discriminate on this way, it losses all the sense. So please, reconsider your position here.

Could be an opinion Smiley
But... what's the relation between a guy born in Catalonia and another one born in China which is living in Catalonia for 2 years?
It makes no sense giving CATc to the Chinese because he/she maybe don't know our culture, history... and maybe it's going to leave our country. But of course we can reconsider It! we're open to all the people!

But as you know everyone is able to mine this coin and can obtain CataloniaCoin mining, via faucets... so where's the problem?  Wink

Thanks for your comment and hope to see more replies helping the project!
p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:28:46 PM

Could be an opinion Smiley
But... what's the relation between a guy born in Catalonia and another one born in China which is living in Catalonia for 2 years?
It makes no sense giving CATc to the Chinese because he/she maybe don't know our culture, history... and maybe it's going to leave our country. But of course we can reconsider It! we're open to all the people!

Let's say the opposite, what about a guy born in Catalonia which have moved to China at the two years old and he knows nothing (and is not interested at all) about the Catalan culture?
Why this guy should get CATc and not the guy born in China who is currently living here?

Your proposed distribution way is not fair and it does not represent the reality either. I would say that it has even a point of racism which I don't like at all.
IMO before starting this project you must have a good system (fair and attached to the reality) for that distribution thus this is the most important point according the objective of this crypto currency.

But as you know everyone is able to mine this coin and can obtain CataloniaCoin mining, via faucets... so where's the problem?  Wink

Thanks for your comment and hope to see more replies helping the project!

Of course anyone who has €€€€ can buy a scrypt-n rig and obtain CATc. But what we are discussing here is the principle of the fair distribution of this coin, which claims to be spread among the Catalan people (not necessarily born in Catalonia). So I don't get your point.
CataloniaCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:56:22 PM

Before launching the coin everything was ready, fair system and contacts with other coin devs to launch a good coin.

Everything is under control and we're trying to make a good coin!
We know that you're catalan and we understand you but please understand us too  Wink

--
<Les coses constructives sempre ajuden>

And we take care about it! But instead of searching the worst thing of everything can also be an option to work with us, promote the coin and spreading the word of CataloniaCoin, isn't it?

Cheesy
p4u

crypto lover

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:08:08 PM

Before launching the coin everything was ready, fair system and contacts with other coin devs to launch a good coin.

Everything is under control and we're trying to make a good coin!
We know that you're catalan and we understand you but please understand us too  Wink

--
<Les coses constructives sempre ajuden>

And we take care about it! But instead of searching the worst thing of everything can also be an option to work with us, promote the coin and spreading the word of CataloniaCoin, isn't it?

Cheesy

I won't promote nor contribute something which I don't believe in and does not accomplish what I understand for fair. So this is why I'm trying to discuss this topic, because I thought the basis idea under this kind of project was the democracy. However your only answer is "please understand us too", sorry I don't.
welltefxx

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:11:52 PM

We like coin like alt coins
bacoinin

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:31:56 PM

please understand us too  Wink
We are trying, but that's not very easy sometimes !

There are a lot of interesting points raised by people here. Especially the last one:
Is a Catalan a demonym  or/and ethnicity or/and nationality (i know that all the previous terms are themselves vaguely determined)? Can it be determined by blood or/and soil ? If so what are the current "rules"?

I mean, as our friend "CataloniaCoin" posed a supposedly "idiot-proof example" (i.e. something that doesn't need a lot of explanation and assumes that all the necessary assumptions, for the analysis of the statement, are common sense), of a Chinese guy in Catalonia, i would like to see a little bit clearer definition of a "Catalan" from the creators of the CataloniaCoin. If that even possible of course. 
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: