Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Aaaaaaand the waaaallllls...  (Read 6283 times)
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 12:04:09 PM

I'm counting on it.  I'm sure the after party will be just as entertaining.

When that day comes I invite you to a drink

don't let me make you question your assumptions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 01:12:30 PM

He's gone from bitcoin fanatic to realist, a change quite a few more people could stand to make.  He's also been 100% correct. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Crypt_Current (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 06:28:15 PM

He's gone from bitcoin fanatic to realist, a change quite a few more people could stand to make.  He's also been 100% correct. 

He has, but his attitude does, as they say on the interwebs, "smack of butthurt".

That sort of attitude doesn't help anyone, probably not even the drowning ego it emanates from.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2011, 07:11:30 AM

He has, but his attitude does, as they say on the interwebs, "smack of butthurt".

That sort of attitude doesn't help anyone, probably not even the drowning ego it emanates from.

Neither do the permabulls, who are constantly saying it can never drop any further, which is much more harmful if you are taking into account that people may listen and buy in, and lose their investment. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 03:02:00 AM

Neither do the permabulls, who are constantly saying it can never drop any further, which is much more harmful if you are taking into account that people may listen and buy in, and lose their investment. 

..but they have santa manipulator on their side.
Revalin

Activity: 728

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 03:21:33 AM

... sometimes.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
gewure

Activity: 364

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:26:38 AM

... sometimes.

yes, sometimes.

if he pulls back his huge walls now, price will be at least below $1.8. i saw how the bidwalls looke before he pulled up his insane 1.000.000 BTC-buy wall, it looked even shittier than the askwalls in this moment (and they look like shit).

whoever thinks this is the lowest point of bitcoin: this walls are 95% fake. we all saw them appear out of nowhere, they simply do not reflect the real demand of bitcoins. be warned, it will fall further.

bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 12:43:23 AM

... sometimes.

yes, sometimes.

if he pulls back his huge walls now, price will be at least below $1.8. i saw how the bidwalls looke before he pulled up his insane 1.000.000 BTC-buy wall, it looked even shittier than the askwalls in this moment (and they look like shit).

whoever thinks this is the lowest point of bitcoin: this walls are 95% fake. we all saw them appear out of nowhere, they simply do not reflect the real demand of bitcoins. be warned, it will fall further.

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!
SaintFlow

Activity: 476

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 10:56:51 AM

I do not understand people that are willing to sell at 1.8

I will not even sell at 2.5

don't let me make you question your assumptions
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 01:46:42 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2011, 02:03:53 PM by mjcmurfy

The walls are starting to shift around again. It's only small movements at the moment, but the bids are sinking and the asks are slowly rising. The asks are looking VERY steep now in comparison with the bids... they could be real bids, but the way they are bobbing around it really is hard to know.

Considering the lackluster demand over the past 24 hours, a number of failed rallies, in addition to the RSI being at about 70, the MCAD predicting a downwards reversal, and trading happening at the upper range of the bollinger band for about 12 hours...

This all adds up to only one thing in my mind. We are going back to the $2 mark at some stage today.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 01:59:35 PM

Yep, I was right. The rally seems to be over. People are starting to unload.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:23:07 PM

Yep, I was right. The rally seems to be over. People are starting to unload.

I agree.  This'll be fun to watch again.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 02:55:17 PM

This might be true again, but I more and more doubt it. Bitcoin prices more more and more away from the downtrendlines and there is an upward explosion to come.

It might be from yet another low, or never go below 2 $ at all any more.

But whatever the short term wiggles are, an upward explosion will come soon and create a huge short squeeze.

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 03:35:57 PM

This might be true again, but I more and more doubt it. Bitcoin prices more more and more away from the downtrendlines and there is an upward explosion to come.

But whatever the short term wiggles are, an upward explosion will come soon and create a huge short squeeze.
I agree that regardless of how it plays out, we're getting close to a reversal. We might have one more crash or a triple bottom at $2 but in the end it's likely to result in a reversal.

Unlike some people here think, most Bitcoin traders/investors that are currently in the game are not there to exit the market, they are either profiting from short term trading regardless of what direction the price is going, or they are waiting to buy back in. We're getting closer and closer to the point where people are ready to board the train again.

It would be nice to know how it'll play out, if I just had a crystal ball telling me if it's going to crash once more or triple bottom... Smiley

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:38:41 PM

I agree that regardless of how it plays out, we're getting close to a reversal. We might have one more crash or a triple bottom at $2 but in the end it's likely to result in a reversal. Unlike some people here think, most Bitcoin traders/investors that are currently in the game are not there to exit the market, they are waiting to buy back in. We're getting closer and closer to the point where people are ready to hop back in again.

It would be nice to know how it'll play out, if I just had a crystal ball telling me if it's going to crash once more or triple bottom... Smiley

You are so right.
One way to play this could be to position with  a portion already now and buy the rest either (i) if prices go down to 2$ or a bit below one more time, or (ii) rally without ever revisiting 2 $.

In any case, the next rally will be huge in percentage terms.

Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 03:39:32 PM

Unlike some people here think, most Bitcoin traders/investors that are currently in the game are not there to exit the market, or they are waiting buy back in.

Evidence? Sources? Besides your ass please, I deem that uncredible.

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 03:58:48 PM

Evidence? Sources? Besides your ass please, I deem that uncredible.
I'm sorry to say that I have no empiric evidence to support this but I can tell you how I've come to this conclusion.

1) I simply feel this way from looking at it from my perspective. I've basically been "all out" for a while now because I lost faith in positive price development. But I'm still bullish on Bitcoin in general, the fundamentals of Bitcoin haven't taken a turn for the worse, in fact I'm more bullish than ever as far as Bitcoin's future is concerned. In other words, I'm one of those waiting to buy back in.

2) From the discussions in this forum I have come to a strong conclusion that with the exception of a few doomsday bears such as Nagle, most bears are actually not bears as far as Bitcoin itself is concerned. They simply think there has been a massive bubble and that the price hasn't been sustainable, which in hindsight has actually been very smart thinking.

3) Even with all the crap that has gone on in the Bitcoin-world, the general opinion on Bitcoin is still that it's a promising technology. I've read a lot of comments from sites, for example Slashdot which has published all the big news regarding Bitcoin, the comments over there are more positive than negative.

4) A recent thread in this forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52309.0) asked a question: "Are you trading for FIAT or BTC profit?" Although for most people it's not black and white, the poll is currently at 31.7% FIAT, 58.5% BTC. The rest goes to option C) Hedging against price drops. This means that most people in the community are trying to get more BTC and I'm one of those. I have set aside a certain amount of FIAT to invest in Bitcoin for very-long-term and once I feel it's smart to enter a long position again, I'll buy in.

So I can't say anything for certain because I don't know what's actually happening, but I'm fairly certain that I'm on the right track.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2011, 04:42:36 PM

It's getting vicious...

bittenbob

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 05:20:35 PM

The sudden rise of the sell walls near the asking price and the steps leads me to believe someone is trying to drive the price down. I really am starting to believe we have 2 manipulators who are pitted against each other right now.
bittenbob

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 05:31:16 PM

Those walls didnt last long. Guess we are in for an interesting ride again here.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: