Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No trading volume is same as dead coin  (Read 1965 times)
leatutz

Activity: 523
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 06:33:55 PM

Are coins and tokens that have good value like 0.02 or even 0.2cent on exchanges with no volume the same bad news as coins that haven't made it to an exchange yet? what do you guys have to say about this? i am currently holding two different tokens with good value but no trading volume, any hope for such projects?
For long term those isn't good coin. High volume means high demand by traders, holders and investor. I'm not saying counting house is bad but for low volume this coin price was dumping from 3 USD to 0.04 cents. I know different situation still exists low volume coin price surged good if project is good.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 06:21:12 PM

Are coins and tokens that have good value like 0.02 or even 0.2cent on exchanges with no volume the same bad news as coins that haven't made it to an exchange yet? what do you guys have to say about this? i am currently holding two different tokens with good value but no trading volume, any hope for such projects?
There is still hope if the project team is serious in carrying out the project. If the project runs and the promotion from the team continues, there is still hope for the token price increase.
Just a question, how many projects do you know that do something like that? Most developers do not really have the patience to wait and make their project a success and to stick with it for years, what happens is that the developers do not really have a strategy about how to deal with that scenario and once they find themselves to be in that scenario they do not really know how to react.

The most common reaction that I see from those developers is to just abandon the coin, that should not really be an option because they are betraying the trust of their investors, but in this market that is nothing really new.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 04, 2020, 07:33:36 PM

It might be considered like that but there are cases in my point of view that there are coins that seems to have no demand volume for a couple of months due to down fall that is why people are hesitant to make trades on that coin because it will take a long run before they can be able to trade in the desirable price they want. But if after a couple of months or years that still nothing happens as in no movement nor improvement in terms of price as well as demand volume and it shows no value, for me I think it can be considered as a dead coin already because even if it is still existing in the market but its existence has no relevance because people are not interested on it anymore, then it can be said to be a dead coin already for having no improvement on price and demand volume for trading.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
TemTum

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 04, 2020, 07:51:18 PM

This is why you should pick coins that just dont make promises

projects that build their product first, first raise privately, then launch onto an exchange is far better than a project launching onto an exchange then trying to build - they will suffer from problems such as no volume

Tokens that did it correct like temtum and seen a stable price since launch and 1.5M USD a day trading is much better and a safer investment

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/temtum
chaseprint

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2020, 08:04:00 PM

Projects like TemTum stable price since launch - two exchange and a working product

Rather than invest in blind promises and hope a token will increase find projects that have a working mainnet, working contracts and partnerships and is making progress

Cut your losses and invest into serious projects
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 04:23:54 PM

Yes, such a hope always remains, but it can only work if the project is so good-looking and useful for the world that investors headlong will carry money there and see that in the future this project will become the flagship of the industry. Otherwise, with such a project, what happens to me and everyone else will happen. After fulfilling its role as a “speculative asset”, it will simply be sold by liquidity and no one needs it.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 04:34:46 PM

When projects real use cases is not good enough there will never be any demand for such project coin or token, to invest in any project it's better to watch out for the volume and liquidity and also the use case of such coin or token

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 04:48:41 PM

Yes, such a hope always remains, but it can only work if the project is so good-looking and useful for the world that investors headlong will carry money there and see that in the future this project will become the flagship of the industry. Otherwise, with such a project, what happens to me and everyone else will happen. After fulfilling its role as a “speculative asset”, it will simply be sold by liquidity and no one needs it.

however, no trading activity proves that the project/token is not needed. so far, there have been many tokens like that. yeah, that happens to altcoin which is neither popular nor popular. so far, the popular altcoin has always had a high trading volume. because of this, the thing to consider before investing is trading volume, and make sure that it is not manipulated.
owmivmen

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 04:54:41 PM

Maybe the coins you are holding are not yet popular and you need an introduction on social media. People will be more interested in the project when the project is always updated in terms of development and collaboration with new partners.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 06:24:56 PM

I agree with that. Its same as dead. So a project requires continuous development, marketing and community support to keep the project going or else nobody will support and trade their tokens.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:11:37 PM

I don't think if that is dead coin already because of no volume. The dead coin for me which is no place order and getting delisted the coin in exchanges. I guess your coins are dying.

si14bet

Activity: 894

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:19:17 PM

I don't think if that is dead coin already because of no volume. The dead coin for me which is no place order and getting delisted the coin in exchanges. I guess your coins are dying.
I agree, a dead coin is such that it will never be able to rise in price, look at the root, that is, the depth of the project, perhaps they change something in their idea and in the future the coin will grow in price.
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:47:00 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2020, 09:32:59 PM by badykvik

No volume coin/token does not mean the coin is dead but it lack buyers interest though there could be sellers, this position is called sideways trading and it can happen to any asset/trading instruments.

any hope for such projects?
Yes and no because it depends on the team handling such project, they can introduce new features to their product and thereby create buyers interest.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:53:08 PM

No trading volume is  same as dead coin

That is not true. For real cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin or Monero, they are live when there are at least two people using it ( sending transactions) and there is at least one guy mining it. That si it. It dont need to have any specific USD value to work.  For tokens is differently. They rely on some other asset platform, so dont need any miners. Bit most of tokens are or securities or utility tokens. OK a lot are basically nothing and are totally useless. they are dead. But these utility and security tokens are linked to one project, that at least for securities have little to do with blockchain. And these are dead when that project is dead. Usually it die when they run out of ICO money and since they are some fancy rich bitches, no one of them would work for free liek Bitcoin or Monero developers work.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 07:56:59 PM

No volume means no one want it or want to buy it, and when no one want something it means it doesn't have value thus it can be likened to a dead coin. There are many projects or coins like that, had a good public sale, listed on exchange and then everything changes or to be more specific the true nature of the project becomes known. The question is, those coins with good volume what differentiates them from those without good volume? It all comes down to the team. So lastly, a dead coin is a coin from neglected project which results to no volume on exchange.
si14bet

Activity: 894

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 11:19:48 PM

No volume means no one want it or want to buy it, and when no one want something it means it doesn't have value thus it can be likened to a dead coin. There are many projects or coins like that, had a good public sale, listed on exchange and then everything changes or to be more specific the true nature of the project becomes known. The question is, those coins with good volume what differentiates them from those without good volume? It all comes down to the team. So lastly, a dead coin is a coin from neglected project which results to no volume on exchange.

You're right, a dead coin is rather a signal that everything is bad with the project and it is unlikely that it will be able to at least rise from zero values on the exchange in volume in the future.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:49:40 AM

~
There is still hope if the project team is serious in carrying out the project. If the project runs and the promotion from the team continues, there is still hope for the token price increase.
It could be a fork to another project and hope might appear but most likely it might end up the same as the previous coin/pre-fork. Trading with no trading volume is just like waiting for eternity and not even getting losses nor earnings like you are at a breakeven point. I don't see any project proving that kind of resistance yet as the team seems to abandon the project a lot because investors would believe that there are plenty of shitcoin out of the sea of alts, and this is why that it makes up to the history of team to make another coin instead.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 12:19:50 PM

Most likely but I don't consider it totally dead as long as it's still listed in an exchange as any time it could pump and could possibly attract some FOMO.
It happened in the past, so I wouldn't be surprise if it will happen again especially when the market is on a bull run.

cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 12:20:21 PM

You're right, a dead coin is rather a signal that everything is bad with the project and it is unlikely that it will be able to at least rise from zero values on the exchange in volume in the future.

Dead coin means no active transactions on the market and also has a small transaction volume and sometimes even has no transaction volume at all. It is categorized as a dead coin because it is not able to produce products and is not trusted by investors and is also abandoned by the developer team so that the project is stopped
imons

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 12:39:55 PM

Most likely but I don't consider it totally dead as long as it's still listed in an exchange as any time it could pump and could possibly attract some FOMO.
It happened in the past, so I wouldn't be surprise if it will happen again especially when the market is on a bull run.

I'm pretty sure there are some "dead" coins with devs still working on it so it can gain value anytime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: