Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How i lost respect for Cryptsy  (Read 3753 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:54:14 PM

1. The web site requires unnatural allegiance. It doesn't feel like a professional site, doesn't look like one, and any allegiance is one you create deep inside of you because of your lust for crypto.
2. The site is clearly benefiting in some way from pump and dump scams because it adds so many stupid coins for no good reason.
3. In crypto you follow people and opinions until their morality is laid bare and exposed for the greedy whores they really are. Then when you find out that your are dealing with a whore it is time to move on and never look back or she will leave you broke and holding your limp noodle in your hand.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:00:37 AM

I lost respect for Cryptsy the first time I used them and thought my 100k Dogecoins were gone forever because they didn't show up in my account for over two days.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:05:21 AM

Cryptsy is backed by a real company/investors and happens to be one of the best exchanges...despite the occasional issues.
Until something better gains traction Cryptsy is here to stay, and clearly one of the "most trusted"......sorry.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:06:44 AM

I lost respect for Cryptsy the first time I used them and thought my 100k Dogecoins were gone forever because they didn't show up in my account for over two days.

Our previous issues with the doge wallet have been fixed Smiley For a while. If you are still experiencing slow deposits you will need to generate a new address as our old doge wallet is not scanned for incoming transactions as often

http://blog.cryptsy.com/post/76003650515/the-tale-of-the-oversized-doge-wallet
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:07:59 AM

Cryptsy is backed by a real company/investors and happens to be one of the best exchanges...despite the occasional issues.
Until something better gains traction Cryptsy is here to stay, and clearly one of the "most trusted"......sorry.

Thank you very much for your support!
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:08:15 AM

They add shitcoins because certain shitcoins have a shitload of volume (at the time of addition, at least).  Why the fuck wouldn't you list a high volume coin?  The are in business to make money, and you make money from transaction fees.  Get the fuck over yourself.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:09:39 AM

Thank you very much for your support!

You are welcome, thanks for being one of the best.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 12:15:48 AM

Our previous issues with the doge wallet have been fixed Smiley For a while. If you are still experiencing slow deposits you will need to generate a new address as our old doge wallet is not scanned for incoming transactions as often

What about IFC users? You still have TONS of users with IFC trapped on your exchange. Your support staff lies and makes endless promises which are never fulfilled to IFC users. Why is it that no other exchange, even with higher volumes, has these problems yet you claim the IFC client is at fault. I look forward to your further ignoring of this issue while you defraud your customers.

CRYPTSY = FRAUD
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:20:55 AM

What about IFC users? You still have TONS of users with IFC trapped on your exchange. Your support staff lies and makes endless promises which are never fulfilled to IFC users. Why is it that no other exchange, even with higher volumes, has these problems yet you claim the IFC client is at fault. I look forward to your further ignoring of this issue while you defraud your customers.

CRYPTSY = FRAUD

I have explained this to you many times

Transaction spam caused the wallet bloat to begin with. You have released a fix which does solve the problem from happening going forward.

However it does not fix our bloated old IFC wallet which seems to use any cpu resources we throw at it and still sit unresponsive

Importprivatekey and rescan for every address in the old wallet takes some time to complete and we are still pulling funds out

Last I checked we had fulfilled 90% of users IFC withdrawal requests

tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:21:52 AM

Good to hear. Haven't been into altcoins lately, but I'll try again when I find a good one (I should probably get in on Darkcoin before it's $50)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:28:33 AM

they are ruining my investments by adding so many shitcoins and obvious pump and dumps. If i'm speaking honestly, it makes me a bit sick inside how they are willing to whore their site out to the flavor of the altcoin week. voting system is unprofessional, site navigation is painful, and i generally dislike their UI, except for the actual market pages which are well designed themselves. other than that, i really have no qualms with cryptsy. they generally have fixed most of their problems, and the only major security vulnerability they've had was session collision, which should have(and to my knowledge it has) been fixed by now. I will point out a couple of positives surrounding cryptsy:

1. they have competent staff members(cept mullick of course Wink )
2. they have the most secure backend, with a custom fork detection system that automates maintenance on the markets, leaving them free to test/improve their source code, and assist customers.
3. they have an actual physical office.
4. there are a few staff members who are dedicated to monitoring User Accounts to prevent theft of User funds.

imagine how great cryptsy would be if Vern stuck to the backend and hired a trader to design the frontend...

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
mullick
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:31:50 AM

except for the actual market pages which are well designed themselves. other than that, i really have no qualms with cryptsy. they generally have fixed most of their problems, and the only major security vulnerability they've had was session collision, which should have(and to my knowledge it has) been fixed by now.

Yep fixed a while ago Smiley Thank you for the support!
b¡tco¡n

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Correct Horse Battery Staple

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:32:45 AM

1. The web site requires unnatural allegiance. It doesn't feel like a professional site, doesn't look like one, and any allegiance is one you create deep inside of you because of your lust for crypto.
2. The site is clearly benefiting in some way from pump and dump scams because it adds so many stupid coins for no good reason.
3. In crypto you follow people and opinions until their morality is laid bare and exposed for the greedy whores they really are. Then when you find out that your are dealing with a whore it is time to move on and never look back or she will leave you broke and holding your limp noodle in your hand.

Hater!

1GiB1jQnqjwmNW4U4i8autnnVb1fG8HTYM

This would be my avitar; http://s9.postimg.org/m2pzsiy57/avi.png
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:18:21 AM

this cryptsy-tread-title is on my personal top three on place three now after  "cryptsy tries to break me" (place one) and "fuck cryptsy, fuck cryptsy, fuck cryptsy!" (place two)

what's next?

also the dick-sucking and hating intensifies it seems. This internet is fun. More drama please!
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:40:34 AM

Cryptsy promised ages ago to lift its standards for adding coins, seems though its standards are slipping further.

Also they should be looking at overall market conditions before blindly adding new coins, well if they are in favor of longterm viability of the alt trading market.

Allowing people to vote for coins then adding them is extremely flawed on many levels. Even if you ignore the dev paying users to vote approach, coins are pretty much voted for by those who wish to dump, few if any traders vote for a coin that want to buy.
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:41:12 AM

except for the actual market pages which are well designed themselves. other than that, i really have no qualms with cryptsy. they generally have fixed most of their problems, and the only major security vulnerability they've had was session collision, which should have(and to my knowledge it has) been fixed by now.

Yep fixed a while ago Smiley Thank you for the support!

My coins didn't show up for many days. Mullick worked to get my coins back to me. Thanks for helping out an very, very nervous situation for me.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:10:41 AM

Cryptsy promised ages ago to lift its standards for adding coins, seems though its standards are slipping further.

Also they should be looking at overall market conditions before blindly adding new coins, well if they are in favor of longterm viability of the alt trading market.

Allowing people to vote for coins then adding them is extremely flawed on many levels. Even if you ignore the dev paying users to vote approach, coins are pretty much voted for by those who wish to dump, few if any traders vote for a coin that want to buy.

Long-term an exchange like Cryptsy could possibly handle 200+ coins (for example)
You are correct that adding so fast in a Bear market harms long-term viability of the alt trading market.

DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:08:02 AM

Allowing people to vote for coins then adding them is extremely flawed on many levels.

Completely agree, I don't understand why listing decisions can't be made with a published algorithm of criteria. Then if your coin qualifies your in. Some aggregate value for hashrate and a dozen other measurements.

Instead it is nothing more than whoring and sleeping around.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:18:23 AM

@Techshare
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...   <--- Insert to this depth for maximum effect

~BCX~

Cryptsy is a whore and you seem to be her pimp. Making a lot of money off a whore is pretty easy to do when she is the hottest bitch in town. But it doesn't take long before she has been banged by every alt coin in town and looks more like a ragged fat ass than a sexy broad.

Cryptsy is destroying whatever brand and niche she had.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

ive had no issues with them
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: