Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Monero Miner without Cuda Nvidia or Amd  (Read 261 times)
MohmmedZr (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 10:02:33 PM

Hello guys
Is there any GPU miner that's mine without cuda because
When I download xmrrig I had problem running it the problem is ( No cuda device found )  Huh can any one helps me with the problem or gives me a miner that's  mine without cuda toolkit
And Thanks
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2019, 10:25:24 PM

Hello guys
When I download xmrrig I had problem running it the problem is ( No cuda device found )  Huh can any one helps me with the problem or gives me a miner that's  mine without cuda toolkit
And Thanks

you need a miner that is compiled with the toolset/codeset that your GPU uses.

I.E. an older card generally needs an app compiled with cuda 7.5 or earlier.....  look up the cuda version compatibility chart for your device.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
MohmmedZr (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 10:31:17 PM

Hello guys
And Thanks

you need a miner that is compiled with the toolset/codeset that your GPU uses.

I.E. an older card generally needs an app compiled with cuda 7.5 or earlier.....  look up the cuda version compatibility chart for your device.

Alright  I get it are there any miner don't use cuda because I don't want to download cuda because it size too big
MohmmedZr (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 08:45:32 PM

any help guy's i need a miner without a toolkit or codeset like " cuda "
Bathmat

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 09:03:45 PM

any help guy's i need a miner without a toolkit or codeset like " cuda "

You could try xmrig-amd and set `--opencl-platform` to the nVidia platform
uy3srm

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 05:40:52 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2019, 05:55:37 AM by uy3srm

Hello guys
And Thanks
use xmr-stak
download ,extract zip file
run xmr-stak.exe   
answer the program questions
after finish ,stop the program
update ( config.txt and pools.txt and cpu.txt  ) as you need
create a file with .bat extension ,add the following lines -without curly braces-
{
@echo off
xmr-stak.exe    --config %~dp0\config.txt  --noNVIDIA
pause
}

after that ,run .bat
uy3srm

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 06:04:06 AM

Hello guys
And Thanks
please replay with your computer information ,processor and video cards -built in motherboards or amd or nvidia-.
you can use programs like HWiNFO to get computer information.
MohmmedZr (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 07:55:50 PM

Hello guys
And Thanks
please replay with your computer information ,processor and video cards -built in motherboards or amd or nvidia-.

Operation System:Windows 8.1
Gpu:nvidia
Processor core i7
Ineed a GPU miner that's mine without atoolkit like cuda because the size of cuda is to big to download and thanks
akhzayn

Activity: 504
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 09:42:03 PM

do not expect mining will run well without installing supporting files. try downloading this file https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/geforce-436-30-whql-driver-download,2.html
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2019, 01:22:37 AM
Merited by nc50lc (2)

Hello guys
And Thanks

Processor core i7
Ineed a GPU miner that's mine without atoolkit like cuda because the size of cuda is to big to download and thanks

This will not work.

If you don't want to use the toolkit (what comes in the video cards driver), then you can only use the CPU to mine.  You can't use the GPU for advanced computations without using the toolkit that can utilize the functions in the GPU.

If you go to nvidia's website and install the current driver:  the miner will work as long as it was compiled with the same/compatible version of cuda.  If your miner was compiled in Cuda 10;  cuda 7.5 and earlier devices will not work (like a GTX 550ti), you would need to have a miner that was compiled using cuda 7.5 to use that 550ti as the 550ti does not work with cuda 10.

This is why I mentioned earlier that your video card model matters as to what miner is compatible with whatever version of cuda your video card driver works/comes with.

Please try and understand that the video driver contains what is necessary to use the video card and is necessary to utilize it.  Stating the download is too big wont change the fact you need the actual driver from nvidia.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 05:06:01 AM

My troll radar starts pinging when after two days the OP still hasn't posted the most important and obvious
piece of information, even after being asked.

Anyway it's not the Cuda version it was compiled with that's important, it's the compute capability(s) it
was compiled for.

GPUs will only support compute capabilities equal to or below their spec. The miner must be compiled with,
at least, one compute capability supported by the GPU. When multiple versions are supported the highest
supported version will be chosen at run time.

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

To run a pre-compiled miner you don't need the Cuda toolkit, just the latest Nvidia driver. If the miner you're
using doesn't support your GPU (the one we still don't know the model of) then you need to find
a miner that does or compile one from source with a supported compute capability, if the source code is
available.

To compile from source you will need Cuda toolkit and a lot more. Even then the source code may not support
the older compute capability. If the miner is young it may not support old cards at all.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
uy3srm

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 06:50:57 AM

Hello guys
And Thanks

Processor core i7
it seems that,you have internet with a high cost of money  ,  i advice you,to do

for internet cost:
1-disable windows update,set network properties  to be metered .
2- always use paper wallet -other wallets use high network traffic ,may download whole node on your computer -,write your public-private address on paper or print it-too many times , save it in secure places ,if you lose private key then you have lost your money-,then delete the private key files from the computer -so that no hacker can access or knew your  private key-.

for the coin mining :
1-check  the revenue you can get from this web site whattomine.com
2- use another miner or another coin -for example you can mine Ethereum coin with Claymore's  v15.0 miner-.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2019, 01:31:00 AM

My troll radar starts pinging when after two days the OP still hasn't posted the most important and obvious
piece of information, even after being asked.

Anyway it's not the Cuda version it was compiled with that's important, it's the compute capability(s) it
was compiled for.

GPUs will only support compute capabilities equal to or below their spec. The miner must be compiled with,
at least, one compute capability supported by the GPU. When multiple versions are supported the highest
supported version will be chosen at run time.

https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

To run a pre-compiled miner you don't need the Cuda toolkit, just the latest Nvidia driver. If the miner you're
using doesn't support your GPU (the one we still don't know the model of) then you need to find
a miner that does or compile one from source with a supported compute capability, if the source code is
available.

To compile from source you will need Cuda toolkit and a lot more. Even then the source code may not support
the older compute capability. If the miner is young it may not support old cards at all.

This.  You are right about compute;  I knew it was something specific, but generalized it.  Thanks for clearing it up.

100% agreed with Low quality replies and OP responses.... feels like a troll, maybe because of some of the replies.... but OP do realize: you can not avoid the necessary.

We will see how long this goes on.

The obvious others not reading the replies either, and spitting out nonsense that doesn't apply to the stated original question, going on a tangent...  annoying at best.   

If it keeps up, ill flag it myself and stop this nonsense from continuing.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: