Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:10:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Disconnections and Slowing While Mining  (Read 295 times)
micalith (OP)

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 12:24:34 PM

I am having internet connection issues while mining. I am using Claymore and I have a RX580. It is not only disconnection but also  can't do anything else while the miner program is running and mining. I tried some solutions that I have found around and non of them seems to be working for me.

Any ideas about how to overcome this issue? Is it about my router or the internet connection speed? I tried another source for the internet and got the same problem by the way.

Another thing is, I can use the wi-fi through other devices but not the computer that does the mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bileq
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 12:32:06 PM

actually mining not needed a bandwidth. if your ping latencies is stable and low, the speed not important on mining.
other thing most of pc-plugable wifi adapters not works stable. if its necessary i think access points (briged to modem wifi - and plug cable to pc) can be more stable.
micalith (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:25:11 PM

actually mining not needed a bandwidth. if your ping latencies is stable and low, the speed not important on mining.
other thing most of pc-plugable wifi adapters not works stable. if its necessary i think access points (briged to modem wifi - and plug cable to pc) can be more stable.

I will try your suggestions as well, thanks. What about the slowing of my internet when mining is happening? I can't use my internet for surfing while mining. This shouldn't be happening if the speed is not important for the mining. Am I missing some configuration settings?
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 04:02:18 PM

You might have unstable pool ping you need to find a better pool server to get stable and lower ping.

I suggest you to try to ping them using this "Microsoft psping"

Sample: Ethereum pools

Code:
psping -4 -n 10 asia1.ethermine.org:4444

And try other servers like sample below.

eu1.ethermine.org
us1.ethermine.org
us2.ethermine.org

Until you found a lower ping and then once you get a lower ping use it as your pool lets see if you still getting internet problems.

Let me ask if what pool you are using? So that I can give you a better guide how to ping them and fix your issue.
micalith (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:21:20 PM

You might have unstable pool ping you need to find a better pool server to get stable and lower ping.

I suggest you to try to ping them using this "Microsoft psping"

Sample: Ethereum pools

Code:
psping -4 -n 10 asia1.ethermine.org:4444

And try other servers like sample below.

eu1.ethermine.org
us1.ethermine.org
us2.ethermine.org

Until you found a lower ping and then once you get a lower ping use it as your pool lets see if you still getting internet problems.

Let me ask if what pool you are using? So that I can give you a better guide how to ping them and fix your issue.

Below the results for these servers, I am in Europe and get these:

asia1.ethermine.org:4444  --->  Minimum = 8.63ms, Maximum = 47.97ms, Average = 16.13ms
eu1.ethermine.org:4444   ---> Minimum = 8.56ms, Maximum = 205.63ms, Average = 29.99ms
us1.ethermine.org:4444 ----> Minimum = 8.50ms, Maximum = 24.72ms, Average = 12.03ms
us2.ethermine.org:4444 ----> Minimum = 9.12ms, Maximum = 93.88ms, Average = 23.84ms

How do I get the lowest through us1 ?

I run the codes more than once and they aren't stable, I saw some 200+ ms. What is causing this unstable pings?

bileq
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:39:28 PM

~snip
asia1.ethermine.org:4444  --->  Minimum = 8.63ms, Maximum = 47.97ms, Average = 16.13ms
eu1.ethermine.org:4444   ---> Minimum = 8.56ms, Maximum = 205.63ms, Average = 29.99ms
us1.ethermine.org:4444 ----> Minimum = 8.50ms, Maximum = 24.72ms, Average = 12.03ms
us2.ethermine.org:4444 ----> Minimum = 9.12ms, Maximum = 93.88ms, Average = 23.84ms

I run the codes more than once and they aren't stable, I saw some 200+ ms. What is causing this unstable pings?
eu server for europe location is preferred. but on your report on eu server min 8.56ms max 205ms
i think 205ms ping latency one randomly lucky ping package Smiley i suggess never mind pools ping rates, check a good dns server like 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4
cmd > ping 8.8.8.8 -t
look for a minute if package latencies randomly high this issue caused from your isp. a good ping test should be on wired connection. this also caused by wifi adapter or your router too.. you can run ping 192.168.x.1 -t (router address) for diagnose own network latency.

btw. uploading anything or consuming bandwidth also effect latency problem on xdsl internets. think about it too if you use a shared internet connection.
akhzayn

Activity: 504
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 05:45:33 PM

don't use wifi as a RIG internet source, but use a LAN cable
this is closely related to heat radiation so that it affects the WIFI signal.
micalith (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 07:36:01 PM

don't use wifi as a RIG internet source, but use a LAN cable
this is closely related to heat radiation so that it affects the WIFI signal.

The heat radiation that you mentioned has taken my attention. I checked the antennas of my wi-fi card and found that they are really close to the fans of the graphic card. I moved them a bit upper so that they don't get affected by the heat of the fans. For now, it seems that this solution is working. Thank you for your help.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2019, 01:17:51 AM

I am having internet connection issues while mining. I am using Claymore and I have a RX580. It is not only disconnection but also  can't do anything else while the miner program is running and mining. I tried some solutions that I have found around and non of them seems to be working for me.

Any ideas about how to overcome this issue? Is it about my router or the internet connection speed? I tried another source for the internet and got the same problem by the way.

Another thing is, I can use the wi-fi through other devices but not the computer that does the mining.

its the claymore miner that is hosing up your system.

it is eating up the resources necessary to update the GUI of windows, and other processes.  This is why the system is unusable.

Change your mining intensity down enough to make the system usable.   This will be a major hit in hashrate for you.

This is the plain and simple truth when spoken towards your initial statement.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:02:00 AM

I am having internet connection issues while mining. I am using Claymore and I have a RX580. It is not only disconnection but also  can't do anything else while the miner program is running and mining. I tried some solutions that I have found around and non of them seems to be working for me.

Mining eth is memory intensive which can cause your GPU to use most of the memory resources on your GPU which could cause web pages to load slowly because of the resources used by the GPU for mining. Some additional details will be helpful as well such as are you using a 4gb or 8gb card, what operating system are you using, what type of processor is on this system and finally how much system memory do you have? Generally its better not to use the same system you mine with as a desktop.
akhzayn

Activity: 504
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:43:08 AM

Mining eth is memory intensive which can cause your GPU to use most of the memory resources on your GPU which could cause web pages to load slowly because of the resources used by the GPU for mining. Some additional details will be helpful as well such as are you using a 4gb or 8gb card, what operating system are you using, what type of processor is on this system and finally how much system memory do you have? Generally its better not to use the same system you mine with as a desktop.
It looks like the problem has been solved, the problem happened because of the heat radiation so that it will interfere with the WiFi signal.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5188843.msg52608318#msg52608318
micalith (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 10:54:31 AM

Well, I am just a beginner miner. I am using my main computer just to try different pools and configurations. I don't mine 7/24, I am just trying to solve the possible problems if I will have a rig. I can't spend a lot without knowing most of the possible problems.

I have 8gb GPU, 32gb ram, 550gb ssd and i9 processor. These are much for mining but as I said, this is just trail for a rig.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:10:54 PM

Do you live in an apartment building or some University ? Generally one GPU shouldn't cause interference, if it did then gamers would complain. Wifi interference is usually caused when you got like a 6GPU rig or 2 not a single GPU.

You should try changing the wifi channel and see if the problem goes away, usually there is interfernce from your neighbours routers and it slows down or drops your wifi connection.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 04:58:16 PM

Below the results for these servers, I am in Europe and get these:

asia1.ethermine.org:4444  --->  Minimum = 8.63ms, Maximum = 47.97ms, Average = 16.13ms
eu1.ethermine.org:4444   ---> Minimum = 8.56ms, Maximum = 205.63ms, Average = 29.99ms

You have a better connection with us1 on average of 12.03ms this is a better pool server compared to other pool servers.
Let me ask if how many Mbps or speed of your internet connection in your house?

Try to mine it first at lower ping pools if your problem still there you might need to use the bandwidth control from your router to limit other devices connected to your router so that you can reduce the unstable connection or get a higher speed internet connection.

Don't mine on wifi like other said it will give you an unstable connection.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 07:37:34 PM

Probably your wifi, it's sensitive to all kinds of things that interfere with the signal. Mining is also very sensitive
to network latency. It's a bad combination.

There are things you can do to improve the wifi signal (distance, obstructions, antenna positioning, better router, etc)
but still might not be ideal. An ethernet cable is much simpler if possible.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: