Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:10:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alts you won't invest in  (Read 1075 times)
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 08:38:51 PM

A lot of discussions on forum are all about "what coin should I buy? Why?"
Here's the opposite - I want to ask what alts you would never buy and why so.

My example:
Never buy BTT, Tron, Stellar and other coins where the tokens are giving away with all kinds of airdrops. Why? Emission grows with no influx of investors.
Doubting about Peercoin. Hybrid emission system doesn't seem reliable too, though lately PPC began spreading itself via well-known exchanges (changheangel or changelly - don't remember).
+ Libra. Not sure if any explanation needed.

In my case I will recommend people to stay away from bitcoin cash and many other bitcoin forks, I do not really have problems with forking projects since this allow us to see which one is the best of the two, but the people of bitcoin cash were claiming they were the original bitcoin and that is not true, they are a bitcoin fork and nothing more and many people lost their money buying that coin when they thought they were buying bitcoin and that is not fair.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 10:12:33 PM

Altcoins that I won't invest in? In simple terms, the ones not within the top 20 on CMC. If you see me holding bags of any alt outside this range, I probably got them through giveaway, bounty, airdrop or contest.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
rdewilde

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 10:25:52 PM

Like seriously, Stellar made the list of coins you think aren't worth it? Don't think that's good but anyway it's your opinion and should be respected. In my own opinion, altcoins that should be avoided are those ones which we know aren't performing well neither is their team doing anything new to revamp the interest of the community. The reason I do not think Stellar is a bad altcoin is that, overtime it has maintained its goals thus being the favourite of most investors; also they sets up activities to revamp the interest of the community and the crypto space.

qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 10:53:10 PM

Generally, I limit my choices to the top 10 cryptocurrencies in the present but there are others that reflect no chance at all. BTC, ETH, and XRP are one of the few investments that I personally have which among are considered as my short-term investments.

Preferably, it is highly advisable to diversify your investments by increasing your portfolio through equally dividing your investments. Focusing into one coin alone may be risky especially that you concentrate the risk into one coin compared to dividing it through others.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 11:23:05 PM

if I invest in altcoin. I will never invest in altcoins other than the top 20. Too dangerous because they could die anytime in the future.
Totally doesn't make sense. if you said never invest in shit scam or garbage coin is better than it.
I believe you are ever having non-top 20 coins in your wallet.
The only best answer not to invest in a crap coin and this more than enough rather than saying never invest in other than top 20 consider the top 20 is changed anytime.
Some coins placed at top 20 were getting replaced by another coin that was below top 20 CMC.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 11:31:51 PM

My example:
Never buy BTT, Tron, Stellar and other coins where the tokens are giving away with all kinds of airdrops. Why? Emission grows with no influx of investors.
Doubting about Peercoin. Hybrid emission system doesn't seem reliable too, though lately PPC began spreading itself via well-known exchanges (changheangel or changelly - don't remember).

I agree to you the altcoin you mentioned above is useless the total supply are super huge like this btt I stay away from that kind of altcoin its better to stick at bitcoin, ethereum, eos that proved the strong fundamental for so many years.

Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 11:45:40 PM

Big markecap altcoins are somewhat called good altcoins, but still that depends on how every will see a certain coin.
If we are talking about altcoins that won't or avoid to invest, I think there's thousands of then, or maybe 10 thousands or more.
The fact that majority of the altcoins are scams, I believe 90% of the altcoins are not worth to invest in.

Leonardo7

Activity: 686
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 12:52:08 AM

Tron and Stellar have constant users, and if a company chooses to airdrop their reserved token to the community, it's a welcome development meant to expand its user base, stellar and Tron have been relatively stable despite the bad market situations. I was once a beneficiary of blockchain stellar airdrop and that didn't affect the price.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:04:47 AM

Big markecap altcoins are somewhat called good altcoins, but still that depends on how every will see a certain coin.
If we are talking about altcoins that won't or avoid to invest, I think there's thousands of then, or maybe 10 thousands or more.
The fact that majority of the altcoins are scams, I believe 90% of the altcoins are not worth to invest in.
Altcoins are a very risky investment in this market because these are very easy to collapse coins and can be easily manipulated if whales hold large numbers. I think now is the time when a lot of people will tend to sell more because everyone's psychology is currently very bad and they don't have much confidence in investing. If this does not improve soon, only good coins will exist in this market.

I'm not a prediction expert but 95% of altcoins will be wiped out of this market as most altcoins do not bring any profit to investors this year.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:29:53 AM

do not buy ico coins in the market that do not have a very strong community because there are so many examples of coins that are not clear and the market price is broken or even ico coins that look successful at the beginning turns out later on the ceo coins are exposed to legal cases for example CENTRA.
The point is do not ever to longterm ico coins that are based on tokens because there is no safe, only a small portion is safe.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 03:01:26 AM

Here at this time 70-80% coin of still scam so don't spend your money and time for scaming coin. can you carefully search a good coin with there developing then you can invest which coin best after searching. For this you can help coinmarketcap for finding good coin with your invest.
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:35:27 AM

I believe in investing in the top 10 to 20 in the CMC table. the rest I will ignore.
the reason is easy, it is difficult to enter CMC listings and to enter into the top 10 to 20 coins, it requires a struggle and not all coins are capable.
Sounds too simple, doesn't it, because I don't want to try investing in coins which I consider to be still weak in foundation,
and risk of losing profits.
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 04:37:30 AM

My example:

80% coins, tokens and ICO its SCAM. If you want to buy. For start, study in detail all coin information and search detail information about coin developers.
even 95% of ICO projects are scams. Take a look at projects in 2019, none are really successful. Prices fall many times after listed exchange

HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 05:56:34 AM

All the coins on coinmarketcap are scams. People should invest in Bitcoin and hope that they make money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:01:34 AM

We only talk about buying good coins just because we want to get profits on our investment. We do not want to talk about the coins that we do not want to buy. Again I am talking about good investment coins. Some of them are Binance Coin, Bitcoin, Sessia, ADAB, Miracle tele, bittorrent, huobi. I am sure these coins will yield good profits.

rmhuntley

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

HALA MADRID

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:21:02 AM

We only talk about buying good coins just because we want to get profits on our investment. We do not want to talk about the coins that we do not want to buy. Again I am talking about good investment coins. Some of them are Binance Coin, Bitcoin, Sessia, ADAB, Miracle tele, bittorrent, huobi. I am sure these coins will yield good profits.
You have enough reasons to choose several coins as investment instruments. I don't think MiracleTele is a suitable coin to invest now. Because they are in trouble and it is proven that the current price of miracletele is very difficult to increase.
If you want to invest, both short term and long term, in my opinion, choose some coins that have high trading volume and these coins are among the top 10 coins in CMC. It seems like it's a good choice.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:35:03 AM

Not buying TOKENS is a start. These ICO "money grabs", and "projects" with nothing going for them. I'm avoiding them like the plague. ERC20 tokens, which relies on ETH, and needs ETH to even be transacted? No thanks!

Also, not investing in any projects with no products, or actual useful developments.
You know a ton of altcoins is overvalued, when they are positioned at the first page of Coinmarketcap, yet has never accomplished anything.

You know you're sitting on a literral goldmine, if you find a project with actual development, sitting at rank 400+. HINT: Stakenet (XSN).

Wont even try to explain what they do, because the majority of you wont even read it, but to make it short: Leading innovation on Lightning transactions, (Lightning DEX, dApps, and more).

Do your own research Wink

I will research the project you just listed, no hard in doing some thorough due diligence and learning about some projects with use cases. I will no longer invest in any project right now and only will collect what I can for free. Once I am in a financially stable position I will divide any profits into segments, low risk: Buy stablecoins and place in Nexo to get 8% interest annually, medium risk, buy some large-cap coins like Bitcoin, TRX, VET, etc, some that also give airdrops as it helps grow some bags. Do some smaller 30% of my profit into medium and small-cap coins with great potential and dynamic teams. I will NO LONGER EVER invest in fully centralized projects run say by one man who can control the token or coin any time and lock our funds up. From now on will only ivnest in projects that have high liquidity and I can buy or sell their coin/token with ease and at any time.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
capcaypro

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

Betking.io - Best Bitcoin Casino

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 08:40:50 AM

Miracle tele is  a scam and prices are getting lower ?? I see that in the Bitforex Sessia exchange it always goes down so what's in it if it keeps going down. ADAB volume is still small and it's up to you to buy or not.

Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 09:43:01 AM

My example:

80% coins, tokens and ICO its SCAM. If you want to buy. For start, study in detail all coin information and search detail information about coin developers.
even 95% of ICO projects are scams. Take a look at projects in 2019, none are really successful. Prices fall many times after listed exchange
Creating a coin is as easy as counting 1 2 3, that's why they can create a project just by having a platform and then they run it as they focus only on making money.
percentage of scam projects are still counting, most of the crypto including those crypto that is not yet to circulate in the market are created to make money not to make a progress nor to become successful in the future.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 10:01:32 AM

Well, to be honest, I think you can invest in all the top altcoins, even if they often carry out various aidrops, because as we saw when all altcoins begin to grow, even those altcoins that you listed grow well in price and give a good profit, and the same thing will happen when another growth of altcoins will begin, so I think that investing in such altcoins is possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: