Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold my house for buying altcoins need your help  (Read 4838 times)
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 01:32:43 AM

As someone who has taken an unwise decision in the past just so I could invest in Cryptocurrencies, I have to say that selling your house to invest in Cryptocurrencies is one of the dumbest things you could have possibly done, in the great dip of early 2018, I saw it as an opportunity to accumulate and I borrowed to accumulate, hoping the market would recover immediately, well it didn't happen and I ended up having to pay back a great deal of money even though I lost almost all the funds.

And the fact that you're asking a bunch of strangers on Bitcointalk if the coins you decided to purchase are worth it, this just indicates to me that you don't believe in the coins you purchased, pleas think carefully, DYOR and don't make a mistake worse.
Sell a large asset to invest in this market will not help him much because the volatility of this market can make him more risky in investing. Most people here only use the money they have to participate in this market and very few sell house to invest because this market is not an easy place to make money. This is a really stupid idea but no one can stop him because maybe he just wants to make money.

I personally do everything to be able to maintain my life and never sell big assets like houses and cars to invest because this is not the place you have dreamed of.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 03:31:54 AM
Merited by Distinctin (1)

sell house to buy altcoin Huh  Shocked This looks so silly and a crazy idea. I also see no bitcoin in your investment list, maybe you should think of bitcoin as the biggest investment

Agree, in my opinion is too risky if we have to invest to have to sell homes and invest in altcoin that has a high risk. In my opinion, it would be better if we invest using funds that we can afford to lose so that psychologically, we can be more calm

Anyone can do this, depending on how they are confident on their action but its really risky and we all know that.

However, this doesn't mean that he made a bad decision, we will only know if he is wrong when we see some results.
One of the most popular personality in crypto have done that and it gave him success.

We can read that here.

https://www.chepicap.com/en/news/3778/binance-ceo-sold-his-house-and-bought-btc-at-600-only-to-see-it-fall-to-200.html

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 06:33:48 AM

sell house to buy altcoin Huh  Shocked This looks so silly and a crazy idea. I also see no bitcoin in your investment list, maybe you should think of bitcoin as the biggest investment

Agree, in my opinion is too risky if we have to invest to have to sell homes and invest in altcoin that has a high risk. In my opinion, it would be better if we invest using funds that we can afford to lose so that psychologically, we can be more calm

Anyone can do this, depending on how they are confident on their action but its really risky and we all know that.

However, this doesn't mean that he made a bad decision, we will only know if he is wrong when we see some results.
One of the most popular personality in crypto have done that and it gave him success.

We can read that here.

https://www.chepicap.com/en/news/3778/binance-ceo-sold-his-house-and-bought-btc-at-600-only-to-see-it-fall-to-200.html
This idea is not about how risky it is. They are just gambling thier money to altcoin that they think can give them better profit than stocking it in a house .
 Its Risky you might earn a lot or your fund will lost only two option, this kind of thinking is just for the brave .

I heard that there are also people making a loan just to buy bitcoin and altcoin this is much more riskier than selling your house to use as capital.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 08:21:41 AM

I am guessing that OP is creating discussions just to make his alt account to spam here or make a post count in his signature campaign. There is no way a person to sell his house for a very risky investment. Anyway, if OP actually done it well goodluck with that you have to make sure that you ended up with profit not loss but for me, you made a very bad decision to sell your house for crypto.
bitzizzix

Activity: 2394
Merit: 448

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 08:56:06 AM

If the OP is right, it is a ridiculous decision to sacrifice your home as a place to live for your life which in my opinion is very important and everyone wants to have a house to live in, but instead you sacrifice the house just to invest, which is not necessarily in accordance with your expectations and very risky.
but if you have more than one house or another place to live, it doesn't matter and you have to be really serious about choosing the right and profitable Altcoin and you also have to be prepared to accept losses.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 07:08:17 PM

If you already sell your house, and asking the majority if you made the right decision by investing on those tokens that you have mentioned, we couldn't give an advice whether it would really help you or not, it will not change anything that's been done already. Our opinions about your decision on selling your house for this kind of investment will either hurt you by hearing the truth or motivates you by telling some white lies.
That is true. As we cannot undo what is done, there is no point discussing such things. Selling house when it was the only house he owned, he has definitely pushed himself far beyond limits. If the money was invested in bitcoin and bitcoin only, things could have been different. It is safe to do some research on your own before investing anywhere. If possible, he should convert all holdings to bitcoin and start trading.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 07:16:31 PM

Firstly selling your house for buying crypto currency is not a good move. Cause this market is full of risk. So you can lose all your money if you are not carefull. And selling hard asset for crypto is not a good idea. Otherwise your picks of crypto is very good. If you bought them in a good time you will surely make some profit. I would suggest keep some bitcoin atleast 40-50% of your investment in bitcoin. Then go for alts.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 07:57:21 PM

Firstly selling your house for buying crypto currency is not a good move. Cause this market is full of risk. So you can lose all your money if you are not carefull. And selling hard asset for crypto is not a good idea. Otherwise your picks of crypto is very good. If you bought them in a good time you will surely make some profit. I would suggest keep some bitcoin atleast 40-50% of your investment in bitcoin. Then go for alts.

It's a bit strange that he sold his house, and only after he sold it and invest it he asks for help, it's a bit late for that now.
Crypto-currencies are risky investment, it was like that before, it's not better now. With so many alt-coins newbies can't make
a difference between good and bad coins.
   At least what he can do is to stick with top coins like Bitcoin and Ethereum and to hope that new rise will come sooner. I really
don't know what else we can do to help this man except to give him this good advice, I hope he will see this!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ifezanku

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 08:29:20 PM

I actually don't believe this your claim but if it is true, I think it is a risk taken too far. To me, it's not advisable to take such risk of selling your home to invest in cryptocurrency which is unstable assets class. In cryptocurrency investments, there are many things beyond your control and if things don't end in the green side, how will you feel?
sureshnsnet
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 08:39:49 PM

Are you serious? Because why you take such risky  a decision due to crypto market is not like that what we are thinking it totally different, there is no assure for crypto currencies like we have gold or other assets.

What you have selected the list of coins in you post That all coins are top in crypto market I am sure those coins will be give good results for long term investment. Better that you can invest with your earning money.

.ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 08:57:26 PM

this is my current investments. do u have any suggestion

20k$ = BNB
20k$ = ADA
20k$ = EOS
20k$ = XEM
20k$ = NEO
10k$ = XRP

After while your mind will be changing, if you are looking coinmarketcap everyday. Because you are interested to invest 11 millions for profits which can you earn from altcoins only by 1 millions. You should change XEM and NEO for long time investment, EOS and BNB is more interesting projects also XRP. Only 5k is enough for out of 200 coins, add Bitcoin and increase more for BNB and EOS coins .
pacman7331

Activity: 638
Merit: 118

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 09:06:05 PM

20K$ in ADA and 20K USD in XEM is not a good investment at all, even after one year, your this 40K USD will remain the same or even lower! Actually, I am fed up with ADA, in this coin, no profit guaranteed! Better you should have bought Bitcoin, NRG, BCH, NPXS!

tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 10:21:39 PM

What? You just sell your house to buying and investing in altcoins? It's a brave decision. But it's your decision and i don't have to do with it. Maybe you just a rich guy  Grin
If i were you i will invest 60% in bitcoin, and the rest i will buy some alts. I will choose XRP, KLAY and EOS. I believe those altcoins have good potential in the fututre since their team still active to develop their project and still make a new partnership with some companies. I'm sure their price will rise in the near future.

garyrowe

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 10:51:40 PM

20k$ = BNB
20k$ = ADA
20k$ = EOS
20k$ = XEM
20k$ = NEO
10k$ = XRP

Although discisions are personal , but permit me to say that you made a wrong decision in this regard. Selling your house, a real assets to invest in projects that are not 100% guaranteed in terms of positive ROI is ridiculous. Did you even put into consideration what would happen to you health wise if this goes south?. Never sell such assets just for the sake of investing in crypto, it is a bad gamble

Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 01:26:19 AM

I think it's too much if we invest in the crypto market to have to sell a house. Indeed, the coins chosen have good prospects, but you should use the money we can afford to lose because the crypto market is still not regulated and also has a high level of risk. Beyond that, BNB Coin is one of my favorite coins

ici_lemmy

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

Hydax Exchange

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 03:49:22 AM

What? You just sell your house to buying and investing in altcoins? It's a brave decision. But it's your decision and i don't have to do with it. Maybe you just a rich guy  Grin
If i were you i will invest 60% in bitcoin, and the rest i will buy some alts. I will choose XRP, KLAY and EOS. I believe those altcoins have good potential in the fututre since their team still active to develop their project and still make a new partnership with some companies. I'm sure their price will rise in the near future.
I think this is a very stupid decision and selling a home to invest in the crypto market will make him regret more. In my opinion, any investment in this market is risky and often tends to decrease more so losses can occur at any time. There are actually many ways to make money in this market and if you don't have money, you can join some bounty campaign here. I never chose this investment strategy to make profit because it affects my life.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 05:39:00 AM

20k$ = BNB
20k$ = ADA
20k$ = EOS
20k$ = XEM
20k$ = NEO
10k$ = XRP

Although discisions are personal , but permit me to say that you made a wrong decision in this regard. Selling your house, a real assets to invest in projects that are not 100% guaranteed in terms of positive ROI is ridiculous. Did you even put into consideration what would happen to you health wise if this goes south?. Never sell such assets just for the sake of investing in crypto, it is a bad gamble

Selling a house is a big decision and I agree that this is a wrong decision. Taking the opportunity to buy altcoin at this time may be good, but do not need to sacrifice the house, we can buy altcoin which is on the list little by little using the money we can afford.
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 06:45:10 AM

i can't really decide if you are trolling us or you were actually that crazy to do something like this!
but if you really did it, i have to say you've made the biggest mistake of your life. you are in for a world of pain in your future, both short term and long term as you will continue watching your money melt away. and best case scenario is a lot of volatility which could give you a heart attack while you no longer have a house !!!

i'm just going to complete your list with more values and put it here for future references:

20k$ = BNB -> $16.28 -> 1,228 BNB
20k$ = ADA -> $0.039 -> 512,820 ADA
20k$ = EOS -> $3.09 -> 6,472 EOS
20k$ = XEM -> $0.042 -> 476,190 XEM
20k$ = NEO -> $7.95 -> 2,515 NEO
10k$ = XRP -> $0.26 -> 38,461 XRP

and most interesting case for future reference is this big IF about if you never wasted your money on shitcoins and bought bitcoin instead:
$110k = BTC -> $7800 -> 14.10256410 BTC

see you in the near future Wink

20k$ = BNB -> $16.28 -> 1,228 BNB x 20.95   => 25726
20k$ = ADA -> $0.039 -> 512,820 ADA x 0.043 = > 22051
20k$ = EOS -> $3.09 -> 6,472 EOS x 3.47 => 22457
20k$ = XEM -> $0.042 -> 476,190 XEM x 0.04 => 19167.6
20k$ = NEO -> $7.95 -> 2,515 NEO x 12.03 = > 30255.45
10k$ = XRP -> $0.26 -> 38,461 XRP x 0.27 => 10384.47

Current Worth : $130,040
Actual Investment : $110,000

Net Profit : $20,000

I see he is last active : October 03, 2019, 02:00:58 PM

b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 08:19:51 AM

Truly . . I trust you can be answerable for each choice you make but I really don’t approve or agree with you selling your house to buy and invest in crypto but regarding this I won't speak much about altcoin, yet I am keen on the above altcoin list like Bitcoincash and BNB
however, I would prefer to concur in the event that you contribute most into buying  BITCOIN.

slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 08:40:50 AM

this is crazy, why you sell your home for investment high risk,but if you already know the consequences its ok.
and you should put more on bitcoin, i dont see you put btc in the list. Make it 40 or 50% from your investment.
and the last,pray for your investment hope you do the right thing, before you sell, or you already sell it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: