Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:12:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold my house for buying altcoins need your help  (Read 4838 times)
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:39:14 AM

Whenever I come across this OP I can't help but keep thinking what you might be going through right now, altcoins aren't pumping and bitcoin remains the only coin doing all the pumps, apart from few fork coins that shows sign of recovery nothing more, it would have been an excellent choice if you go on Bitcoin instead of altcoins but yet if you are strong nothing is impossible
The main problem is that he invested everything in altcoins if he had invested everything in bitcoin then even if that was a risky decision at least most of us will understand such decision since we know that bitcoin sooner or later will surpass its ATH, and while he bought some good coins we do not know when the market of altcoins will begin to recover, it is possible that will not happen until 2021 when the next bull run seems most likely to happen but then the question is if he will be able to hold his coins for that long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nicedreams

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:53:19 AM

Change your assets from real estate (stable asset) to cryptocurrency, altcoin (unstable asset) are not a smart move. Yes, you could make big with a good investment, high ROI,... but it still very risky and not recommend.
There are a few ways to reduce the risk by rent or take a loan.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:01:12 AM

Whenever I come across this OP I can't help but keep thinking what you might be going through right now, altcoins aren't pumping and bitcoin remains the only coin doing all the pumps, apart from few fork coins that shows sign of recovery nothing more, it would have been an excellent choice if you go on Bitcoin instead of altcoins but yet if you are strong nothing is impossible
The main problem is that he invested everything in altcoins if he had invested everything in bitcoin then even if that was a risky decision at least most of us will understand such decision since we know that bitcoin sooner or later will surpass its ATH, and while he bought some good coins we do not know when the market of altcoins will begin to recover, it is possible that will not happen until 2021 when the next bull run seems most likely to happen but then the question is if he will be able to hold his coins for that long.
of course if it has not been recovered for a long time then the psychological starts to be disturbed, if the psychological is not strong, there can be stress, and doing the wrong actions. I think investing in crypto is better to use free money, because of high fluctuations

sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 08:48:44 AM

The bad thing about your story is that you sold your house just to invest in cryptocurrency. You know cryptocurrency is just like a gambling and it is not a wise idea to sell whatever you have for it. The good part is you have a good portfolio of coins. I would add ETH and Bitcoin on the top if I were you.

thottum

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 10:12:24 AM

The good part of your action is getting into the right time, added quality coins in your portfolio and luckily market has believed to be bottomed with some minor bulls. The bad part is investing all of have with crypto simple words by Warren Buffet 'Don't put all your eggs in the single basket'. Not financial advice but consider adding BTC to the portfolio which will give you some level of cushion in the downtrend when compared to alts. If you feel ok if your investment goes 70 or 80% downwards, don't you feel stressed and if it doesn't affect your day to day living then it is fine. If no then you should consider taking the money back when it is still in the green.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 11:23:48 AM

The bad thing about your story is that you sold your house just to invest in cryptocurrency. You know cryptocurrency is just like a gambling and it is not a wise idea to sell whatever you have for it. The good part is you have a good portfolio of coins. I would add ETH and Bitcoin on the top if I were you.
This is not the first story about a person who sells his property for the reason of investing in cryptocurrency. There is a successful investment, but there are also examples where people lost all their money that they invested. most likely if someone wants to sell their house now and buy good altcoins - then their investment will be very profitable after several years, and maybe even earlier.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 11:37:54 AM

I have a hard time believing this story that you have sold the house for crypto investment. But if you did, my opinion would be to invest at least one part in Bitcoin. (40%)

For the most part it worked out
free online picture upload
woaahh haha, selling house to invest in crypto without assurance is crazy, if i were you i will just hold still to the coins you have, that coins have a great team and have a strong community to support it prices, you are certified risk taker.

You are right, it is not a good idea to sell the house for cryptocurrency buying because at the current condition of the market it is impossible for us to predict the cryptocurrency market situation, as of now, I won't risk my money by selling the house.

ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:00:43 PM

looking at some of the coin lists you mentioned above, for me personally who is only interested in BNB and EOS coins, I believe both of these coins have great potential for future investment. I will only add like ETH and LTC, but it's much better if you prioritize investment with BTC.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:33:56 PM

Another story that we should never play/trade/invest on the last money (if this story is true, the very saboy). But at its core, they are all similar-people are trying to invest in altcoins in the hope that some of the coins they invested in will become the new bitcoin.
For example, my friends sold apartments and bought bitcoin and made very good money on this. I’m not sure that they invested the last money but I think that it’s like roulette and without any common sense. Just someone lucky and someone not.
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:36:15 PM

Another story that we should never play/trade/invest on the last money (if this story is true, the very saboy). But at its core, they are all similar-people are trying to invest in altcoins in the hope that some of the coins they invested in will become the new bitcoin.
For example, my friends sold apartments and bought bitcoin and made very good money on this. I’m not sure that they invested the last money but I think that it’s like roulette and without any common sense. Just someone lucky and someone not.

When? If your friend has sold the house before the latest bull market and sold at the peak($19600), I consider this deal as profitable. For the inexperienced person, selling personal belongings will be a headache in the future. Someone is lucky and makes money while other people lose the amount which they can't afford to lose.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:49:13 PM

When? If your friend has sold the house before the latest bull market and sold at the peak($19600), I consider this deal as profitable. For the inexperienced person, selling personal belongings will be a headache in the future. Someone is lucky and makes money while other people lose the amount which they can't afford to lose.

Good timing is all it matters here. We can't compare people who sold something and buy some crypto-currency before and after
2017! Some people made good profit, while some need to wait price to recover first.
   I would sell a house to buy crypto-currency if I have more than one! I have only one house, how to risk that in a risky crypto-
market? Some people who are alone can risk, we who have families can't do that!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 07:33:40 PM

I have a hard time believing this story that you have sold the house for crypto investment. But if you did, my opinion would be to invest at least one part in Bitcoin. (40%)

For the most part it worked out
free online picture upload

Pretty sure it was established earlier in this thread (by his older posts) that the OP never really invested in those coins. Or ever had a house to begin with.

But I do find it interesting how he'd actually be in profit, and his choices were better than simply investing into BTC at the time. It's a good lesson actually -- sometimes it's not all about BTC and specific coins matter much less than timing. Time things right, and even junk (not that those coins are junk) can make a ton of money.

Thread actually reminds me of the troll threads from years ago. Where someone would state they sold their house or fortune for BTC or DASH, or whatever, and comment after its price just crashed. OP would be "Oh, woe is me!" ... others would go on about risk and bad decisions. Then wait a couple of months and all of a sudden we notice that if the OP actually had done this 'foolish purchase', he'd be way into profit.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:15:44 PM

this is my current investments. do u have any suggestion

20k$ = BNB
20k$ = ADA
20k$ = EOS
20k$ = XEM
20k$ = NEO
10k$ = XRP

The most irrational investment in my opinion.  To sell real estate, which is already good capital and invest in cryptocurrency, is not the best solution in my opinion.  But your business and good luck in the future.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
dimfrab

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 10:08:24 PM

20k$ = BNB
20k$ = ADA
20k$ = EOS
20k$ = XEM
20k$ = NEO
10k$ = XRP

I think you should spend a part to buy Bitcoin, 30% for Bitcoin and 70% for the remaining altcoins.
Yes of course, I think if altcoins grow up bitcoins will follow them or bitcoins will initiate the movement !!

[ Relictum Pro ]
➡️ Blockchain 5.0 | Decentralized Ledger Technology ⬅️
https://relictum.pro
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 08:55:16 PM

I do not know if you really sell your house to invest in this market or not? But if you've done it then it's really crazy, I personally would never invest that way because it's so dangerous and like a gambler. And you even choose altcoin to invest with that money. It is best to just invest in Bitcoin and wait for profit, you have a large amount of money and just investing in bitcoin is enough. Altcoin will only make you bleed and lose with it

I agree. It was really a risky and very big gamble to do on selling your house just for the sake of investing or getting into cryptocurrency and the OP have chosen to get into Altcoins rather than getting into Bitcoin at first. The very first move done for me was already risky and it was a desperate move to do on selling your house just to afford buying crypto. It was a risky and impulsive decision sacrificing a house. Also, always remember that upon doing purchasing, trading or investment, just only give out the amount you can only afford. Cryptocurrency is always there so there is no need to do impulsive decisions. Also, since selling a house is a big risk, better impart the amount held in hand not purely into Altcoins because it will have a more potential to grow having a larger percentage on part of investing into Bitcoin and the remaining percentage for Altcoins just to secure and be sure that you will regain what you have invested. Even both have potential, still getting into Bitcoin is great together on having some sort of potential Altcoins.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
cute nmp

Activity: 1666
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 09:56:49 PM

Not a good decision mate I don't think it is a good idea to sell your house just to invest in altcoins because it is a very risky choice.No one can tell if you are going to make any profit from your investment only time can tell that.Wish you luck in your investment but please refine from making such risky decisions.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
Tune_In

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2020, 09:59:09 PM

20k$ = BNB
20k$ = ADA
20k$ = EOS
20k$ = XEM
20k$ = NEO
10k$ = XRP

Dude, you seriously need a large wallet filled with DOGEcoin, so after selling your house you will at least still have the dog house!  Grin
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Option Blitz

View Profile
February 12, 2020, 02:18:59 AM

Not a good decision mate I don't think it is a good idea to sell your house just to invest in altcoins because it is a very risky choice.No one can tell if you are going to make any profit from your investment only time can tell that.Wish you luck in your investment but please refine from making such risky decisions.
I think sell houses to invest in this market is really a very stupid idea because surely you will not know the future of this market and you can completely lose all assets at any time. In my opinion, only invest the money you have available because it will be money you do not feel regret and before deciding to invest, make a concrete plan. Every decision you make will directly affect your current profits so be careful.

doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2020, 04:22:40 AM

By doing this , it means you have accepted the risk involved and you are ready to bear full responsibility for whatever outcomes you see. Bitcoin should have taken 40% of the investment and not only buying alts. It's still a good one though.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  

Jump to: