Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: "Maybe Is a Partial Store of Value"  (Read 618 times)
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 02:30:04 AM

Bitcoin is not s store of value,its just medium of exchange.

The value of bitcoin keeps increasing so it maybe partially considered as storage of value too. Cheesy

You just contradicted your idea in the first place. Bitcoin is surely a store of value as we cannot think of any idea how we can implement it to small scale market transaction and commerce. If ever we need to to save money, bitcoin is the number one option for me, but not in terms of daily transactions since I find bitcoins transaction fee so high and it has an unstable market price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 02:00:41 AM

Next stop would be "bitcoin could be awesome but I still think it will go down to zero" or something, how could you still believe that something will go down to zero when you believe it has a partial store of value? I mean if it can store value that means it can't go down. It is like saying "this is a rare painting of van gogh, there is no other one like it, it is very valuable and whoever buys it could store it and sell it for a lot higher in the future, I think it will worth zero one day".

Do you realize how idiotic that sounded? Like really, HOW idiotic that sounds, well this dude sounds as moronic as that sentence if not more. Bitcoin is a digital commodity that has a store of value and a way of spending it as well that rivals anything ever in history of mankind and can't go down that much.
They never had any arguments about why something like bitcoin should not be incredibly valuable but now they are really desperate to try to find anything they can say to try to say bitcoin will not maintain its value.

They tried in the past to use the stability of fiat as a sign that it was better but since then inflation is making sure we notice that stability is for nothing if our purchasing power is going down while we see the opposite process happening with bitcoin.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:25:34 PM

<snip...>

The value of bitcoin is determined by the people who are willing to purchase it at a given price. Due to this scenario, the law of demand/supply dictates its price on the market given that it only has a limited supply of 21 million (which by the year 2140, all bitcoins will be mined out).

If you based the price depending on its history, you can see that its price continuously increases/decreases depending on external and internal factors. While some claim that Bitcoin is a whole bubble, others see it as an alternative method for investment. But one thing has not changed, the price still continues to rise.

I would say that holding bitcoin can be a good store-of-value especially if you consider the long-term aspect of its potential and applicability in the future. Not to mention, we are only experiencing and enjoying its face-value and we have yet to see the blockchain be implemented in our transactions.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 06:10:48 AM

They never had any arguments about why something like bitcoin should not be incredibly valuable but now they are really desperate to try to find anything they can say to try to say bitcoin will not maintain its value.
So you can see how flawed and baseless their arguments are and it does not take long for the long timers to understand what these people are trying to stir and thus become immune to such "opinions". People can opine what they want. Does not matter to you if your belief and faith are in the right place.

They tried in the past to use the stability of fiat as a sign that it was better but since then inflation is making sure we notice that stability is for nothing if our purchasing power is going down while we see the opposite process happening with bitcoin.
Stability of fiat vs bitcoin is more of a cognitive bias. You dont say any market to be stable. Every market is moving and is potentially volatile. But the newbies who are entering the market easily get swayed unless they have a background of trading and market psychology.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 06:43:28 AM

It is all relative. If I am living in a country such as Venezuela or Zimbabwe, then I would use Bitcoin as a store of value. Because I know that BTC is more stable when compared to either the Zimbabwean Dollar or the Venezuelan Bolivar. But that is not the case if I am a resident of some other country, such as the United States or the United Kingdom.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: