Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The use of stable coins or no?  (Read 1940 times)
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2019, 12:32:22 PM

I don't trust stable coins...
I think they can turn into scam in every moment. Also, governments may want to kill them...
So I think, stable coins can be used only for short-term holdings.
But I hope, they will be much more reliable in future and we will be able to use them like fiat currency...

I do not totally agree with you because all you have to do is trade with the more reputable stable coins like usdc and usdt andif you are skeptic that one may turn out to be scam, then maybe cryptocurrency is not for you because any of the cryptos can liquidate or even assumed to be scam but that doesn't mean its scam. As for me, I do most of my trades against usdt on exchanges because while I set my price and wait to buy low, stability is important for me

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 07:02:32 PM

On the other day, I think of the use of stable coins. I mean, when can we use Stable coins as an alternative fiat. You see when a bull run comes and everyone will start to sell their Bitcoins and some other coins into fiat the network will be congested.

So I think if we buy Stable coins with some stable volume, we will no longer need to worry about unable to sell our bitcoin into fiat.
Rather we only need to do this thing right? is this some acceptable alternative or no?

I think that we only can trust in such stable coins like USDT. But now I found a something new and very promising - it USD0. I have very big hopes in this coin.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2019, 07:40:44 PM

Stable coins are imported part of this space i think, most people preserve their assets value with stable coins because of the high volatile nature of the market,  infact coins that paired in stable coins only hardly suffers so much decline in price like the ones on btc pairs, trading with stable coins at this time when the market is down is more safer than btc.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 02:53:10 PM

I don't trust stable coins...
I think they can turn into scam in every moment. Also, governments may want to kill them...
So I think, stable coins can be used only for short-term holdings.
But I hope, they will be much more reliable in future and we will be able to use them like fiat currency...

I do not totally agree with you because all you have to do is trade with the more reputable stable coins like usdc and usdt andif you are skeptic that one may turn out to be scam, then maybe cryptocurrency is not for you because any of the cryptos can liquidate or even assumed to be scam but that doesn't mean its scam. As for me, I do most of my trades against usdt on exchanges because while I set my price and wait to buy low, stability is important for me
Stable coins are no doubt, better options than many new altcoins that later on prove to be scam. Usdt is trusted and supported by many investors and the coin definitely is not scam. If it was the case ever, we already would have lost it. Moreover, not all the coins are weak or frauds. We can doubt any coin but having such thoughts regarding bitcoin or ethereum makes no sense when they have survived so far.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 08:54:07 PM

Stable coins are good for Crypto/USD trading, but I would be very careful when considering them as an instrument for holding your fiat money in longterm... Don't really trust these projects.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:47:54 AM

What you are referring to is hedging and there are many stablecoins suitable for doing so depending on which reputable exchange you are dealing with including the most popular which are Tether (USDT), USD Coin (USDC), True USD (TUSD), Binance USD (BUSD), and Gemini Dollar (GUSD) just ensure the markets you're trading in have enough liquidity and low fees and always store any sizable amount of cryptocurrency in a hardware wallet for safe keeping and most of the top hardware wallets have support for those stablecoins

sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 04:16:43 AM

Maybe if every country has a stable coin in the form of crypto and not fiat, I could have kept the stable coin because it was authorized by the government in our country. But for now I do not use stable coins, I am more pleased with LTC or ethereum, because they are also stable and profitable if we sell in a state of going up, and then they will return to stable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
Fatimahcrypto

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 04:24:52 AM

On the other day, I think of the use of stable coins. I mean, when can we use Stable coins as an alternative fiat. You see when a bull run comes and everyone will start to sell their Bitcoins and some other coins into fiat the network will be congested.

So I think if we buy Stable coins with some stable volume, we will no longer need to worry about unable to sell our bitcoin into fiat.
Rather we only need to do this thing right? is this some acceptable alternative or no?

I can personally say that stable coin like USDT is a great alternative for fiat. This is because the USDT has stood the test of time and conquered several Obstacles and challenges at several occasions. I trust that the USDT would serve when am unable to exchange my tokens for fiat and want a way out
BartS

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 04:30:59 AM

Stable coins are a great entry in crypto trading platforms as these stable coins always save you from a big loss and when you realize market going up then you can convert with crypto coins as per the platform trading altcoins.
Stable coins really shine when the market is going down, anyone that was able to sell when the market was going down during the previous days saved himself many headaches.

And if that person had a good trading system and was able to buy at the bottom and bought when bitcoin was at 6500 then not only he was able to get more bitcoin for his fiat but now for each coin that he bought he has got a 1000 dollars in profits in a matter of days which is not too bad if you ask me.
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 01:38:22 PM

stable coins are currently the most used pairs now. New projects no longer wants to pair their tokens with btc and eth alone they also want it to be paired with usdt, busd, usdc,paxful and the rest. it has gotten to a point where new projects dont even want to have any other pair aside USD. so i believe the time has changed and this is a welcome idea by project owners and cryptocurrency exchanges. thanks

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2019, 07:09:26 PM

That is not bad idea - to invest in stable coin. But this stable coin should be trusted and have a good volume. Such good is like USDT or USDC. That is much trusted coins. Another good stable coins can arrive but need more time.
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 07:43:51 PM

Maybe if every country has a stable coin in the form of crypto and not fiat, I could have kept the stable coin because it was authorized by the government in our country. But for now I do not use stable coins, I am more pleased with LTC or ethereum, because they are also stable and profitable if we sell in a state of going up, and then they will return to stable.
Except for the store of value for profit in cryptocurency, Government authorizing or producing stable coin is just a way to protect laundering of fund in countries with corruption, and I dont think there is a country without corruption, it might only be concealed. it might be difficult to monitor the movement if adequate block-chain technology is not put in place. If I checked very well most people after the last bullrun move their money into fiat later on, though not all details are spell our here among investors

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 09:08:07 PM

snipped...
Except for the store of value for profit in cryptocurency, Government authorizing or producing stable coin is just a way to protect laundering of fund in countries with corruption, and I dont think there is a country without corruption, it might only be concealed. it might be difficult to monitor the movement if adequate block-chain technology is not put in place. If I checked very well most people after the last bullrun move their money into fiat later on, though not all details are spell our here among investors

I'd never think that it is all about market corruption concerns why the Government allowing us to have crypto. This is all because they saw that the use of stable coins could minimize the risk of losing due to its volatility. Price fluctuation is the reason why most people are afraid of investing in crypto. However, if we are only investing those high potential coins in the market, it can be assured that we make money from them even though the volatility still evident. 
lolgato1

Activity: 793
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 09:33:55 PM

That is not bad idea - to invest in stable coin. But this stable coin should be trusted and have a good volume. Such good is like USDT or USDC. That is much trusted coins. Another good stable coins can arrive but need more time.
What the...? Invest into stable coin? Are you kidding? Do you think that you are really investing? It is something like to say, I am going to invest into american dollar.  Cheesy

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
BartS

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:36:02 AM

What the...? Invest into stable coin? Are you kidding? Do you think that you are really investing? It is something like to say, I am going to invest into american dollar.  Cheesy
You don't seem to understand that everything is an investment, if you are holding all your savings in your national currency then you are invested in that currency, and if for some reason it begins to lose value against the rest of the currencies then you are losing money.

It is the very same concept that allows you to trade bitcoin against the dollar and if you can sell it and buy it at the right time you can get more bitcoin in return, so I do not really understand why you are so surprised that something like that can be done and sometimes it is even a desirable thing to do.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 05:48:38 AM

snipped...

I'd never think that it is all about market corruption concerns why the Government allowing us to have crypto. This is all because they saw that the use of stable coins could minimize the risk of losing due to its volatility. Price fluctuation is the reason why most people are afraid of investing in crypto. However, if we are only investing those high potential coins in the market, it can be assured that we make money from them even though the volatility still evident. 

In my opinion, stable coins are only useful for traders when facing fluctuating market movements so that the value of their portfolio does not decrease. But if every exchanger starts to receive a deposit using fiat money, I think stable coins will start to be disused and people will use fiat money more because it is more practical
BartS

View Profile
December 07, 2019, 02:52:16 AM

snipped...

In my opinion, stable coins are only useful for traders when facing fluctuating market movements so that the value of their portfolio does not decrease. But if every exchanger starts to receive a deposit using fiat money, I think stable coins will start to be disused and people will use fiat money more because it is more practical
It seems obvious to me that you have never tried to exchange your bitcoin or any altcoins for fiat, first of all no exchange that respects itself will allow you to withdraw fiat without verifying your identity, something that many people in this market dislike.

Second your bank will probably ask where you got that money and there is a possibility they could close your account and even if you get your money to your bank account all of this will take several days, for all of those factors and many more we have stable coins.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2019, 04:00:05 PM

Well i don't like stable coins just because it is less volatile in my opinion. Now where the current situation is many of the new aspiring tokens or coins is floating like libra waiting for the SEC to approve their proposals that they include of being a stable curreny to be use in relation with fiat if i am right.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 04:13:57 PM

You can still lose your money invested in stable coins if something happens to the projects that these coins provide.
Or, for example, any major jurisdiction may change the status of stable coins, which will entail changes in the entire market under this jurisdiction.
In general, I would not recommend keeping your funds in stable coins in the long run. In the short term, this is an indispensable element of the market.

biddicoin

Activity: 1077
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2019, 06:11:55 PM

<snip>

You don't seem to understand that everything is an investment, if you are holding all your savings in your national currency then you are invested in that currency, and if for some reason it begins to lose value against the rest of the currencies then you are losing money.

It is the very same concept that allows you to trade bitcoin against the dollar and if you can sell it and buy it at the right time you can get more bitcoin in return, so I do not really understand why you are so surprised that something like that can be done and sometimes it is even a desirable thing to do.
but, but, but.... investing has to choose the good place to do. if we choose the low volality or even very low (FIAT), it isnt worth it
low volality cant get you good return ofc. and that's opposite with investing defition.
that looks like to safe your money value than investing your money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆