Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't spend bitcoin. Not now.  (Read 3752 times)
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 08:19:48 AM

I would say that is always a good time for spending Bitcoin as it's always a good time for buying Bitcoin. I don't see Bitcoin only as an investment asset but also as something that could and should be used in real life. So it's important to find balance between spending and holding but I'm against that Bitcoin only seats idle in some wallet.

The fact that bitcoin's value increases as time passes keep some people from spending them. I am also one of them but when there's an emergency and I need some cash quickly I don't have any choice to spend my holdings. Sometimes I also use it to pay our internet bill if I'm lazy to pay it directly in a store. Balance is really the key, if no one spends or use it in real life how will it grow as a currency and become acknowledged by many people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
victorkirk91

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 08:54:21 AM

Hi,

This advise is the same as asking people to not convert their bitcoin to other currencies - hence, keeping bitcoin as an investment. With the current volatility in this asset, it is not advisable for every person to keep bitcoins without understanding the risk of the asset decreasing a lot in value. Right now, I claim that most people consider bitcoin an investment asset rather than a method for payment.

/ Victor
https://tjekrevisor.dk/
ancafe

Activity: 1610
Merit: 693

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 09:30:40 AM

I would say that is always a good time for spending Bitcoin as it's always a good time for buying Bitcoin. I don't see Bitcoin only as an investment asset but also as something that could and should be used in real life. So it's important to find balance between spending and holding but I'm against that Bitcoin only seats idle in some wallet.
because that's the importance of sources of income. for me, I think that now is not the right time to spend bitcoin. some information says that the price of bitcoin will go up, and maybe we will regret having to spend it at a cheap price. maybe expenditure and income need to be balanced, but I think we need to look at the situation.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
josephrioveros123

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 09:49:16 AM

I think what you say is correct and also wrong. Correct becasue if you hold bitcoin in the long run I think you will gain profit from it when the price gets higher.

Wrong because if we don't spend bitcoin, there will be no movement from it and no movement means no transaction using it the bitcoin economy will sleep and it will loose it's value.

The best thing to do is to help the bitcoin gain trust and popularity over the people. Also help to promote it and help to caught the scammers so that it will earn the trust of the people.

HITMEX ❖ BUY and SELL CRYPTOCURRENCY With Powerful Crypto Trading Platform ❖
❖ BMEX CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE ❖
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 10:45:37 AM

Ironic, bitcoin is by far the most reliable thing I know and yes bitcoin is created for peer to peer transaction but it doesn't mean you can't spend. Bitcoin is a digital currency and when we say currency that means we can use it as a mode of payment. Not all may not understand and trust bitcoin and it's okay it's there lost anyway, besides we owned and earn bitcoins so we can use it in whatever way possible may it be for peer to peer transactions or spending it because that's how continue the circulation of bitcoins in the market.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 10:54:52 AM

Precisely if we have more money it is recommended to buy bitcoin. we will benefit in the next 2-3 years by keeping it in our wallet. I'm pretty sure that bitcoin will still survive. but the momentum is still unknown to us and what must be prepared is the investment we have made since now for the future
What price do you think bitcoin will rise to, in the next 2-3 years?
In my opinion, if we have a large capital, it never hurts to buy bitcoin now. But if the capital is a little, maybe it's a little less good because the current price is expensive. Because it's not good to risk everything we have in the hope that bitcoin will rise later.
The idea of investing as much money as you can risk is absolutely correct. But I do not think the idea of the present price being expensive is right. Perhaps you have come to this idea by comparing the current price with the beginning of year, but on the other hand it may be the lowest price on the road to 50k. Actually, it depends on how you evaluate future prices, which means that you think the price will fall in the near future. Right?
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 11:11:02 AM

I think this is because bitcoin will be halving shortly so as to make bitcoin not be used up or used before halving occurs, wait for the price of bitcoin to recover and you can get many benefits if you successfully enjoy the results of bitcoin when prices rise.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 11:22:00 AM

I think what you say is correct and also wrong. Correct becasue if you hold bitcoin in the long run I think you will gain profit from it when the price gets higher.

Wrong because if we don't spend bitcoin, there will be no movement from it and no movement means no transaction using it the bitcoin economy will sleep and it will loose it's value.

The best thing to do is to help the bitcoin gain trust and popularity over the people. Also help to promote it and help to caught the scammers so that it will earn the trust of the people.

Exactly, if all people will just keep all the coins and not spend it then how can the coins circulate? And also with no movement then how is the price gonna be if that happens? Bitcoin is created not to be kept in your wallet, it is created to be used and circulated. By spending bitcoins it can also help in spreading awareness of bitcoin and we, the users van be the living witness a newbie can have to make them realize that bitcoin is legit and can be trusted.
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 03:04:45 PM

Bitcoin was just a spark that lit the fire of the revolution. If you're spending cryptocurrencies, you can do it with other altcoins. But as the author says, it makes much more sense to keep Bitcoin in wallets for long-term investment. This is a process of close to 10 years of long-term investment. At the end of these 10 years, you can have a lot more money on your hands. That's a very high probability.

So I support the accumulation of Bitcoin and to save it as a long-term investment.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 05:21:05 PM

99% of the world's population still does not understand, do not know and do not trust Bitcoin. And everything is fine. Bitcoin adoption is a lengthy process that may take decades or centuries to happen.

The world population is 7.5 billion people,  so you trying to say that only 75 million people understand and trust bitcoin?  Nigga!  That's a huge lie, We've got lots of people who now understand and trust bitcoin.

Blockchain  technology invented by the creator of bitcoin "Satoshi" is being adopted by lots of financial institution, and one of the usecase of blockchain is bitcoin because it allows peer to peer payment among it's users  as we all know bitcoin is on its way to massive adoption,

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
strunberg

Activity: 1302
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 05:41:26 PM

I think this is because bitcoin will be halving shortly so as to make bitcoin not be used up or used before halving occurs, wait for the price of bitcoin to recover and you can get many benefits if you successfully enjoy the results of bitcoin when prices rise.
i think bitcoin price not only rise for speciall cse.as long as bitcoin fundamental good, investor feel comfidence.halving at this time be main trigger, many investors trying to get benefits when buying bitcoin on current range price.they want to get bitcoin on lowest price and didnt spend it for unusefull thing.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 06:06:43 PM

Used up? Do you understand how Bitcoin works? People spending it can't make it be 'used up', that Bitcoin doesn't disappear, it's a means of exchange and simply goes to other people...

People have to spend their Bitcoin or it will lose its inherent value. I hate this HODL culture that's taken over Bitcoin in the last 5 or so years. If people hadn't been spending Bitcoin over all these years it would have lost all of its intrinsic value and the currency would have gone nowhere, and now we have a bunch of people just trying to take advantage of the technology to make as much money as possible.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2019, 07:09:23 PM

You may take part and use it to speculate, but Bitcoin should be spent as it is a big reason why Bitcoin was created by Satoshi. Bitcoin should be spent because adoption is very important to make cryptocurrency work. How do you convince other people to use Bitcoin if you're talking only speculation.

Yes, we have to spend our bitcoins to make the circulation of it in the market always normal, faster, and of course the mass adaptation, not using bitcoi and those bitcoins that's been forgotten in cold storage because people lost their private keys also affect the bitcoin's price, if I'm not wrong. The good thing is that we're not yet reaching 21,000,000 limited bitcoin supply in the market, because once we does, we have to be careful not to lose our private keys
Yeah now we should hold our bitcoin as it has so many chances to change in price right now and it’s low price zone is only to hold your bitcoin and keep investing more at this Dip. After few months or year I guess price will again b normal but till then much better keep holding and wait with patience to see price high again to the sky.
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 01:33:28 PM

Not only Bitcoin but all cryptos on your wallet. The situation should not affect your decisions as an investor. The market is indeed scary at this moment but if you are well aware of what is the true nature of cryptos, you should not be durprised of the situation we are seeing right now. Selling would save you a little from losing more but it would also cut your chance to get over your loses and earn profit once recovery take place.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
NewRanger

Activity: 1554
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 02:22:11 PM

Not only Bitcoin but all cryptos on your wallet. The situation should not affect your decisions as an investor. The market is indeed scary at this moment but if you are well aware of what is the true nature of cryptos, you should not be durprised of the situation we are seeing right now. Selling would save you a little from losing more but it would also cut your chance to get over your loses and earn profit once recovery take place.
selling bitcoin at this moment was wrong time.we will have disadvantges becuse this decision.first, we loss our money if our  buying rate on high price .and also i we loss opportunity to get highest price ever when bitcoin finished halving.this moment was waited for each 4 year.and now we should not spend our bitcoin, but we have to add our btc amount.
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 04:28:35 PM

To help increase bitcoin adoption, spend your bitcoin and then rebuy what you spent. Hoarding doesn't necessarily mean they sit on their bitcoins and never spend them. maybe its just me but I make purchases in bitcoin and then simply go to an exchange immediately after and buy whatever quantity in bitcoin I just spent at the same evaluation.

Bitcoin only goes to the moon, because people speculate on it's future value. If it is not used for real market transactions, it's value can be zero and probably will be. we want to spend it to spread awareness and promote adoption, but you're right, deflationary currencies promote saving. Because we are in the adoption phase of new deflationary currency, you'll be rewarded for saving.
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:55:26 AM

true that you convey with the current crypto market conditions many investors are frightened by these conditions so they sell all bitcoin and other crypto currencies and I think that's what makes the market go down in price and the value of bitcoin confidence is indeed the best capital in investing with currency crypto money whatever it is

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:41:01 AM

Bitcoin is now perceived by most people as an investment asset on the volatility of which you can earn. This is the objective reality of Bitcoin these days. In order for Bitcoin to be perceived by people as a means for daily payments, it must have a stable price. Imagine if the dollars in your accounts were worth £5 today, £10 tomorrow and just £2 the day after, what would you do with your dollars? I think the vast majority would exchange them for something more stable and would prefer to pay with stable money.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:53:33 AM

People had been deviating from the original feature and whitepaper of bitcoin by satoshi, bitcoin is meant to be an online money system for peer to peer transactions however due to the high volatility nature of bitcoin people tend to use it as store of value, based on the higher rewards or returns, of course no one has to take blame for that because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin a lot of hodlers store it for a purpose while some substantial numbers of people trade it solely for profit making.
I have read that argument too many times and I cannot agree with it, bitcoin is money and you can use money for all kind of purposes and not only as a way to make the transactions among people easier.

If you can speculate with fiat then it is completely natural we can speculate with bitcoin and as we have seen during the past years speculating with bitcoin can be very profitable then it is natural that one of the main uses of bitcoin at the moment is as a speculative asset.
Fredomago
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1050

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 05:11:58 AM

Bitcoin price has maintained a steady range for the past few weeks now without any major surge from $7.9K to $8.2K. This is clearly the work of traders and in situations like this, patience is required from the long term holders in order not to panic and sell at the dip. Bitcoin will rise more than its current price trend now and after the halving in 2020, Bitcoin will receive another ATH.
The chance of making huge profits is within patience that you will going to have while you are still inside this market. Bitcoin seems to be steady from the range that you have said and with lots of talks regarding to crypto currency and blockchain from the mains stream medias, this ideal currency will soon to be accepted and adopted by many people and institutions around the world.

With that, we can say the value will surge to go high and make things very profitable to all investors that will wait and patiently hold their assets.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄