Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: REQUEST FOR GAS FEE TO GET PAID ARE SCAM.  (Read 374 times)
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 11:31:07 PM

Gone are the days when airdroppers and bounty hunters were making it big in the hunting. Nowadays, a lot of people claim to be working on a crypto project do so just to disguise to obtain funds with ill intentions from the public. Most of these project conduct neither ICO nor IEO. They only call on airdroppers to publicize their tokens in return for payment in the publicized token. They use the airdroppers to build their communities. The hunters refer one another with the hope of getting paid.
The will the get their shock of life when the project team demand for little tokens as gas fee for the reward to be sent. Most of them have big pool of participants who if they should pay, the team easily cart away several thousands of dollars worth of ETH.

I always considered participating in Airdrop wasted time. Almost 100% of all airdrops are hype. Deception is manifested, as in a very small amount of payment, by deceiving payment for a commission, and also often in a complete refusal to pay or to pay in part. Even those Airdrops who have fulfilled their conditions and paid, all have a terrible price for their token or coin. Unfortunately, what could have helped many participants get start-up capital just turns out to be ordinary fraud.
This time airdrops are not hype but scam. Some airdrops even put very strict requirements for the participants to acquired their coins. Airdrop is a fraud and it looks like that was a true story.
More and more complaints come from the participants because they have not yet paid even some participants already done a lot of efforts.
It's a scam and i never call that strategy as a marketing effort.
It's too far from the marketing context.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 11:35:39 PM

Gone are the days when airdroppers and bounty hunters were making it big in the hunting. Nowadays, a lot of people claim to be working on a crypto project do so just to disguise to obtain funds with ill intentions from the public. Most of these project conduct neither ICO nor IEO. They only call on airdroppers to publicize their tokens in return for payment in the publicized token. They use the airdroppers to build their communities. The hunters refer one another with the hope of getting paid.
The will the get their shock of life when the project team demand for little tokens as gas fee for the reward to be sent. Most of them have big pool of participants who if they should pay, the team easily cart away several thousands of dollars worth of ETH.

That's true imagine if thousands will send at least 50 cents, it's like the dev has launched a crowdfunding, even if they sent the token there will still funds left, these developers are very wise and cunning, they know that people are very greedy to get coins even though it is worthless and sometimes will not get into the market.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2231

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 11:50:57 PM

I totally agree that the teams which request for gas fee from bounty hunters are scammers. I remember one fraudulent project that was advertised on Bitcointalk a year ago. The scammers who have run their bounty campaign promised huge rewards and after the ICO they asked participants to send some ETH coins to be paid. In the end, this scam project has stolen about 600 ETH from investors and then disappeared. If a team cannot bear the cost of sending tokens, they have no money at all. In any case, they will not pay with valuable tokens traded on cryptocurrency exchanges. I advice you not to send any ETH coins to such fraudsters.
nomenclatur

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2019, 12:10:46 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2019, 12:20:55 AM by nomenclatur

This incident has been a lot happening in the airdrop they ask around 0.02 eth to get tokens if you want to get the tokens scam? I think this is a real scam because usually, AirDrop does not ask for money to get tokens. everyone should be careful because there could be no large projects requesting funds for the cost of gas is not unreasonable.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 11:58:22 AM

Most people are trapped in this situation when the airdrop distribution date has arrived, airdrops don't have to send gas fees just to get tokens that don't have a price, I personally would not do such a stupid thing, research before joining even if it's just an airdrop.
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 12:01:57 PM

I would tend to agree that bounty hunting is no longer profitable this year. I guess this is due to the bearish alt market. But there are still a lot of companies who you just describe. They still bounty hunters to promote their site through air drops.
I agree with that, 2018 and 2019 are not really good for bounty hunters. Lets call it an autumn season that poor or no earnings at all but always be patience because harvest season will come to most bounty hunters that keep on doing bounties despite of the current market condition. All hard works will be paid off for sure.

Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1540
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 01:54:07 PM

I guess that's just a luckiness on the side of that guy, The developers of that kind garbage coin usually use the money to make some kind of fake liquidities on the exchange (usually garbage exchange aswell) to bait people into adding liquidity and buying that coin so that developers could dump his coins that are created out of thin air even further resulting in a huge profit on the developer side. It is like that scheme when turning mainstream coin to ethereum blockchain still popular back then they are doing this kind of method and manipulating the pump and dump activities.
For the people out there just don't expect something from airdrop that demands money just for the sole reason of sending the reward, I mean if the developers can't even afford the fee what do you expect?

I do not think it has something to do with his luck because the project who asked you a few ETH as a fee before sending the airdrop had run away before it gets listed on any exchange. It is a completely different story if we are talking about unlimited token from the minting, it happened before but the team gave the airdrop free without asking any fees.
they did that because they have a capital to manipulate the market unlike this one, in this case the developer does not have a single penny that was why they were asking for fees before sending the tokens and the total the dev gathered won't exceed 5 ETH.

wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2019, 03:51:02 AM

Thanks for the info, it gives me more understanding. Actually, I rarely participated in airdrops, so I just know the term "scamdrops".
But I saw several bounties required "gass" to claim the rewards. If it was applied in airdrops, I doubt the bounties are also scams.
Do you think all "gass required for claiming rewards" are scams, mate?

Logically, how poor are they not able to pay distribution costs? Are those project failing, without a penny? If so, then you don't need to claim your rewards, because they failed and will leave. If you have other reasons than that, maybe it's a scam or it will soon be over.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 07:00:24 AM

They are going to pay you decent amount of money then why they were asking to send fee for the transaction this alone can make this as scam attempt but its sad to know that people still falling for this old scamming trick.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀