Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:54:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S9 Hashboard Test Fixture  (Read 157 times)
agswin (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 10:33:24 PM

I’ve massed four piles of cards. Ones that have passed, ones that have zero asic, ones that stop at a particular asic, and ones that read zero global temp and can not open core? Does anyone know how to fix the zero asic and no core piles? 😂
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 07:32:32 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2019, 01:15:58 AM by frodocooper

Fixing S9 hash boards is not something that someone can tell you how to do from scratch, it's a long process , unless you have a certain a problem or stuck in one specific part then your question will go unanswered.

For the board shows only a given number of asics, it indicates that one or more chips have gone bad and must be changed, for that, you need to follow the process which is not simple and in many cases you better of just throwing away that board, follow this topic >https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5191162.0

I put a link to a YouTube video there, make sure you watch it to get a better understanding, and if you are not good in dealing with electronics, your chances are slim to nothing.

As for the boards that show 0 asics, in many cases it could be a firmware related issue and can easily go away by flashing a different firmware , that one I had the most luck was this version:

Code:
Antminer-S9-all-201711171757-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

You can read more about it here > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5034849.msg46000519#msg46000519

also , a board that shows 0 asics could be due to one of the following reasons.

1- A failling PSU
2- Bad data cable (hash board to controller)

so make sure you test those as well.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MigaoMiner

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2019, 02:33:55 AM

It need experienced..
i have attended the repair course and i appreciate more to those technician after that class..

Sometimes the tester show certain ASIC malfunction, it is not that ASIC problem, but dry join for a resistor.

Enjoy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: