Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to post on Bitcointalk - essential hints for the beginners  (Read 1074 times)
elyorman (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 04:35:13 AM

Hello guys!
I am pretty new to the community and have been researching since I joined here. While researching I have come across with this handy article and thought some others would be happy to read it. It explains how to post on bitcointalk in details and any newcomer can easily understand and create his/her own thread independently. The link is https://medium.com/@onlyincrypto/bitcointalk-org-101-how-to-use-how-to-post-499d441d0888
Also keep in mind there's image size limit which is 2.5 mb
And with https://imgbb.com/ you can put url to your images!
Hope this post will be handy for someone!

LIUM    ▬▬  Liberation from Intermediates, Unlimited Merit  ▬▬   
  ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter Medium LinkedIn
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4172

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2019, 05:44:37 AM

It seems the article was targeted at project developers hoping to make an announcement thread on the forum and not the average everyday users. Some misinformation were observed which have negative repercussion so here are some corrections.

It makes sense to register multiple accounts on Bitcointalk since there is a limitation on the number of postings that may be published in a certain period (14 days). That way, you’re covering your bases in case one of the accounts gets banned, say, for off-topic postings or regular fluctuations of geo IP.

Alt accounts aren't prohibited generally but if project are caught operating alts just to boost the reputation or legitimacy of the projects through worthless conversation, the alts will all get nuked for spamming which could also affect the project negatively. Also with the new bumping system, project operating multiple accounts engaging in fake conversation just to bump threads are now worthless. There isn't a post restricted on the amount of post you can make daily but there's a time restriction between post and newbie accounts are mostly affected therefore with your junior Member or copper membership account, the time restriction would be minimum and shouldn't after your posting privilege.

If you’re short on time and prefer to waive the restrictions and start posting at scale as a Member, consider buying a high-ranked account

This isn't against the rules either but it's widely frown at by the DT community which will result to your account getting tagged for account farming. It's advisable you buy a copper membership privilege to bypass image restrictions instead of doing the above. This article was made in 2018, the OP should had been aware of this already.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
elyorman (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 05:56:51 AM

It seems the article was targeted at project developers hoping to make an announcement thread on the forum and not the average everyday users. Some misinformation were observed which have negative repercussion so here are some corrections.

It makes sense to register multiple accounts on Bitcointalk since there is a limitation on the number of postings that may be published in a certain period (14 days). That way, you’re covering your bases in case one of the accounts gets banned, say, for off-topic postings or regular fluctuations of geo IP.

Alt accounts aren't prohibited generally but if project are caught operating alts just to boost the reputation or legitimacy of the projects through worthless conversation, the alts will all get nuked for spamming which could also affect the project negatively. Also with the new bumping system, project operating multiple accounts engaging in fake conversation just to bump threads are now worthless. There isn't a post restricted on the amount of post you can make daily but there's a time restriction between post and newbie accounts are mostly affected therefore with your junior Member or copper membership account, the time restriction would be minimum and shouldn't after your posting privilege.

If you’re short on time and prefer to waive the restrictions and start posting at scale as a Member, consider buying a high-ranked account

This isn't against the rules either but it's widely frown at by the DT community which will result to your account getting tagged for account farming. It's advisable you buy a copper membership privilege to bypass image restrictions instead of doing the above. This article was made in 2018, the OP should had been aware of this already.
thank you for correlation and clarification!

DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10760

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2019, 06:35:43 AM
Merited by Coin-1 (1), GSpgh (1)

<…>
The post is not explaining how to post on Bitcointalk (nor open a new thread) in a broad sense, but rather more how to open an ICO based thread. That is a specific context that, for the most, differs from the vast majority of created posts on the forum.

The Medium post was created just over a year ago, but has some contestable assertions enclosed:

- Bitcointalk does not have 460.000 members as stated. Rather more, the current figure is 2.676.707, or if we want a more timely realistic figure, around 132k active members (logged-in within the last three months – BPIP).

- The Jr. Member requirement mentioned throughout is not up-to-date, lacking the indication that at least 1 merit is required in addition to the necessary activity (30).

- There is no limit to the number of posts one can create (the Medium post says there is). The limit is in terms of those that count towards Activity, but not a restriction to post as many as one needs. No need therefore to create Alt accounts to overcome this (non) limitation.

- If an account gets banned, one is not allowed to post anymore (except to appeal on Meta). You do not create multiple accounts in case one gets banned as, in theory, the person in banned from the forum. In addition, there are no geo IP issued other than those existing in specific countries or ISP (as in Turkey for example).

- Suggesting purchasing an account to cut corners is a pretty bad idea. Other than the ethics, you can get scammed, tagged, or even banned due to previous content in the account's posts being contrary to the forum rules.

- I’m not going to depict the part that goes on to describe the Ann thread creation. The details of an Ann thread creation are not much of interest to the average user. There is another wrong assertion though that states that sent messages (PMs) count as published posts and are therefore subject to limitations. They are limited (the number of PMs one can send does have some restrictions), but not because they count as posts that are in turn limited.

- It logically omits all the recently added bumping rules that were added last month. Understanding them is primal to posting an Ann thread now.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 01:07:07 AM

Hello guys!
I am pretty new to the community and have been researching since I joined here. While researching I have come across with this handy article and thought some others would be happy to read it. It explains how to post on bitcointalk in details and any newcomer can easily understand and create his/her own thread independently. The link is https://medium.com/@onlyincrypto/bitcointalk-org-101-how-to-use-how-to-post-499d441d0888

I don't consider this a good article about how to post on Bitcointalk, there is no guideline on how to be on topic poster, they are also recommending buying an account to get a good rank, which is not good for me, if this guideline is all about posting on Bitcointalk then it will not have a hard time ranking up, instead of buying account, I recommend people reading on this section than reading that article.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 04:33:34 AM

Hello guys!

I don't consider this a good article about how to post on Bitcointalk, there is no guideline on how to be on topic poster, they are also recommending buying an account to get a good rank, which is not good for me, if this guideline is all about posting on Bitcointalk then it will not have a hard time ranking up, instead of buying account, I recommend people reading on this section than reading that article.

Not only they have recommended to buy the account but have posted the estimated rates too whereby Jr. Member starting for  €30 Pounds and a Legendary Member  to €310. I would suggest everyone not to follow that article as it will only give you wrong information or will make you do things which are not recommended here.
Also they recommend to make multiple accounts only because if one account get ban, you have another one to use. This is Ban evasion and its illegal here. I am thinking who gave OP the link of that article ?

If you want to learn more about the forum and how to post, then there is no article better than this one. It will give you correct complete information.
Go through this ------>   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
elyorman (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 05:34:34 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2019, 05:44:44 AM by elyorman
Merited by MFahad (1)

Everyone thanks for your comments! I have already figured out it was not as good as I thought and also wanted to delete it but unfortunately it's impossible to delete it!  

MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2019, 05:51:11 AM

Everyone thanks for your comments! I have already figured out it was not as good as I thought and also wanted to delete it but unfortunately it's impossible to delete it!  

You can lock this topic by clicking on the lock topic button in the right bottom of your screen.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀