Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who should be the multi sig holder for the event?
DarkStar_ - 10 (37%)
chronicsky - 1 (3.7%)
legendster - 10 (37%)
EAlity - 2 (7.4%)
Erikalui - 0 (0%)
Stedsm - 0 (0%)
Any other active member - 0 (0%)
If anyone of you doesn't need a multisig, comment your support for whom? - 1 (3.7%)
deadley - 1 (3.7%)
vennali - 1 (3.7%)
newIndia - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas and Thoughts for celebrating 10th Bitcointalk Anniversary in Indian board  (Read 1073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:45:21 PM
Merited by amishmanish (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

The spam seems to be a major problem associated with starting a game as you have said. The topic would certainly generate interest among many spamming Indians present in the forum for free money, but as you have said they won't stay here for long and neither would contribute to the betterment.

Instead I got a idea something like, why not let us try to limit the donated amount to around 0.001BTC on November 22 and instead would conduct this sort of game for every month like "speculating the price on every 31st/30th of the month"? Will this work out? I guess everyone combinedly can contribute 0.001BTC every month which isn't a big deal actually. Only Indians who have done a significant contribution should post their speculative prices in the topic every month and rest of them would be neglected. Many veteran Indian bitcoiners have left this sub-forum due to the increasing spam which was present in 2017-2018 but they aren't now. Reporting to a far more extent helps us to keep the board under the control of Indian patrollers and drive away the spammers.

This is actually a good idea.
Let's limit the game to certain pre-approved members and play this game every month. It would be fun, long-lasting and spam-free. Perfect idea Heisenberg!
Kudos to the idea !
I think even better would be if we do the following.

1. Lets start the speculation game entries from November 1 and take in the entries upto Nov 7 or Nov 10 at the max.
Lets decide the amount whether it should be 0.001 BTC or the amount we collect by contributing together.
Let the game be open to every Indian and not just the people who are contributing towards collecting the amount.

2. Lets do it every month so that the board remains active. It would be necessary that if we do it every month then the amount should be received from everybody's contribution. If we limit it to 0.001 BTC then there are chances that at times there would be nobody who speculate for a particular month.

Key notes in the above :
For (1) The game should be open to every Indian and not just the people contributing in it.
For (2) The game will be open only for people who are contributing and reward amount will be from everyone's contribution.

Also, if we decide the winning amount to 0.001BTC then may be we can create a contribution address and where people can make the contribution and if somebody contributes more than 0.001BTC then we can use it for the future games.

Let's do it guys. It's time to start creating the thread. Also, advertising the game in services section may be a good idea. Give your opinions please.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 01:38:46 PM

I would be more than happy to support and be active in the celebration here.

I am even willing to add 0.001 BTC in the faith of generating some interest in the board through this activity.

Go ahead, nice to see atleast some faces pop up here with interest. Kudos.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 12:15:50 PM
Merited by eaLiTy (1)

I hope you guys can get your local board back on track with some good and fun ideas ....

I would like to contribute for you’re first month of creating this with a .007BTC

Let me know when you release an idea and where I can send to help you kick off

Cheers.

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
Heisenberg_Hunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 12:29:03 PM

Since there were major confusions regarding who should handle the escrow, a POLL has been created!

BTCump.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 12:38:58 PM

Since there were major confusions regarding who should handle the escrow, a POLL has been created!
BTCump.
I am voting for Darkstar as he already came forward and we have discussed this already in the group and remove me from the list and add avirunes.
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 12:55:54 PM

No need for MultiSig considering the small amount of funds. Since, the vote is limited to one. I'll chose Darkstar, as he is trusted and volunteered for our initiative without any issues. I don't mind Chronicsky or stedsm holding the aswell.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 01:14:30 PM

If Darkstar has no problem to hold funds and give out money to winners every month, I don't think we need multi-sig wallet. Darkstar alone is sufficient to be trusted.
Lender

Activity: 39
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 11:50:57 PM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

BTCump.

First of all, I like the idea of Speculation Games. Thanks to whoever has originally suggested it. I'm not sure about the confusion regarding escrow though, as I don't see any such discussion regarding that in this thread. In any case, it seems, I'm unable to participate in the voting process, as voting options are disabled for me!

If you guys are looking for forum escrow, here is a list to chose from - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439910.0. But, as I can see, DarkStar_ has already showed interest and that should have already solved the problem, unless you are looking for multi-sig.

Looking at the rest of the choices in suggested escrow, it seems you guys are trying to have someone from India. In that case, I'll suggest the following names to be included in voting list...

1. deadley - Legendary - Registered on April 11, 2013 - No negative trust

2. erikalui - Legendary - Registered on July 28, 2013 - No negative trust

3. vennali - Legendary - Registered on September 26, 2013 - No negative trust

4. Stedsm - Legendary - Registered on November 28, 2013 - No negative trust

5. Avirunes - Legendary - Registered on November 30, 2013 - No negative trust

6. newIndia - Legendary - Registered on December 27, 2013 - No negative trust

All of the people mentioned above are Legendary with no negative trust from DT and registered on 2013. All of them were active within last one month, which means these people are continuously contributing for almost 6 years. I believe, that is enough at stake and we can have any one of them as escrow (or multiple if we go for multi-sig).

I dont see any reason to exclude the existing users listed in the voting though, as I am not aware of any scammy behaviour from any of them. So, you can just include deadley, vennali, Avirunes & newIndia in your list to make it complete and let them compete. Wink
Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 11:44:46 AM

I dont see any reason to exclude the existing users listed in the voting though, as I am not aware of any scammy behaviour from any of them. So, you can just include deadley, vennali, Avirunes & newIndia in your list to make it complete and let them compete. Wink
Absolutely agreed. These people are to be added in the list. OP seems to have seen your post, but have not added any of them!

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 01:39:54 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2019, 03:20:12 PM by akhjob

Absolutely agreed. These people are to be added in the list. OP seems to have seen your post, but have not added any of them!

That's because, Avirunes is not interested in being an escrow. Deadly and newIndia seems to be not very active in the forum discussions. vennali hasn't posted in Indian Section for a long time, to be exact, the last post is on 22 May 2019

Edit: Eality also wants to be removed from the list. But I think he'll be up for the task if he got selected  Tongue
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 03:32:02 PM

Though I think using a multi sig wallet is better when multiple people are contributing for a good cause, I do agree with the point that the amount is not so big and hence a multi sig wallet would not be necessary here. Darkstar is a reputable member and has vouched to do the escrow. Hence my vote goes to him.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Rotten Egg

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 05:21:17 PM

That's because, Avirunes is not interested in being an escrow. Deadly and newIndia seems to be not very active in the forum discussions. vennali hasn't posted in Indian Section for a long time, to be exact, the last post is on 22 May 2019

Edit: Eality also wants to be removed from the list. But I think he'll be up for the task if he got selected  Tongue

How did you know that Avirunes is not interested in being an escrow? And even if he was not, how did you know that Avirunes will not change his mind like you are saying that Eality would? When an Indian is sitting on DT1, why are we even looking further?

Deadly was last active today and newIndia was last active yesterday. newIndia is consistently active in India forum as well. Deadly's forum activity is 2044 and newIndia's forum activity is 1722. Let me know how exactly you are defining activity.

vennali was last active today. Given the spammy discussions, back stabbing and scam patronage that takes place in India forum for so long, one might chose to distance himself from here. Even OP was not active in Indian board a few months back and here was his excuse...

This guy was never an active poster on Indian board until very recently. He said this in his own words...
Who would like to post in a Garbage board which was infested by spams, scams, trolls and shitposts for over 2 years?

Similar to Lender, I have no issues with Eality either. But, why certain guys will be dropped because of one person's ego?

Lender

Activity: 39
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 05, 2019, 06:01:33 PM

OMG! Looks like I should not have posted anything yesterday. Since my post, first I earned a negative trust (which is now removed) and now this fight!

See, I am proposing a simple solution...

Let it be clear that all the donations for now will be used for this BitcoinTalk's 10th anniversary. So, whoever is selected as escrow, will hold funds only till the end of this event, i.e. November 22, 2019. For any further fund creation, escrow selection will take place later. No multi-sig required for this event, provided all funds are spent on BitcoinTalk's 10th anniversary celebration by November 22, 2019.

Now, DarkStar_ and Avirunes are both on DT1. Avirunes is from India, whereas DarkStar_ is from Canada. Let's first have a response from Avirunes (please dont mind DarkStar_), whether he/she wanna escrow or not. If he agrees, go with him/her. If he/she does not, go with DarkStar_, who has already agreed.

Please stop this infighting. Trust me Bitcoin aka Crypto is much more bigger than BitcoinTalk. In current trouble times, India needs unity of Crypto space.

We dont have much time left. If you guys agree with my proposal, do not post. Because, if you post, you'll start fighting again. Those who agree, just leave me me*it and we move forward together. Wink
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 07:16:05 PM

OMG! Looks like I should not have posted anything yesterday. Since my post, first I earned a negative trust (which is now removed) and now this fight!

See, I am proposing a simple solution...

Let it be clear that all the donations for now will be used for this BitcoinTalk's 10th anniversary. So, whoever is selected as escrow, will hold funds only till the end of this event, i.e. November 22, 2019. For any further fund creation, escrow selection will take place later. No multi-sig required for this event, provided all funds are spent on BitcoinTalk's 10th anniversary celebration by November 22, 2019.

Now, DarkStar_ and Avirunes are both on DT1. Avirunes is from India, whereas DarkStar_ is from Canada. Let's first have a response from Avirunes (please dont mind DarkStar_), whether he/she wanna escrow or not. If he agrees, go with him/her. If he/she does not, go with DarkStar_, who has already agreed.

Please stop this infighting. Trust me Bitcoin aka Crypto is much more bigger than BitcoinTalk. In current trouble times, India needs unity of Crypto space.

We dont have much time left. If you guys agree with my proposal, do not post. Because, if you post, you'll start fighting again. Those who agree, just leave me me*it and we move forward together. Wink

I appreciate you supporting me for the escrow but I don't feel like I am up for it due to personal reasons and also I might go inactive at any point of time. I am cool with DarkStar_ as escrow- he is professional and experienced.

I love when someone supports me but given the situation I am not in position to fill up the shoes as an escrow.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 05:00:33 AM
Merited by deadley (1), RapTarX (1)

Now, DarkStar_ and Avirunes are both on DT1.

FYI DefaultTrust only refers to the accuracy of a person's judgment, and not how trustworthy they are.

Note: I'm not saying that either myself or Avirunes are untrustworthy, just that DT1 is not a measure of that.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 02:37:07 PM

Voted for Darkstar since I can't see OP in the list although there is a option for that. Hey OP, why didn't you put yourself on the list? I didn't read a lot of replies though, I think you must be there. I would trust you with 1 BTC , lol
By the way, what's going to be happened.
Thanks @mic for the gift. You are a true BTC legend.

Rotten Egg

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 05:39:42 PM

I dont know whether the naming order can be rearranged. But, if it is, Any other active member and If anyone of you doesn't need a multisig, comment your support for whom? should be the last two options.

Also, voters need to know, how long the poll will remain active. Otherwise, OP can close it at his whim as and when he feels his choices has higher vote than others.

I think, the escrow choice through this poll should also be exclusively mentioned in the Speculation Game thread.

Now, DarkStar_ and Avirunes are both on DT1.

FYI DefaultTrust only refers to the accuracy of a person's judgment, and not how trustworthy they are.

Note: I'm not saying that either myself or Avirunes are untrustworthy, just that DT1 is not a measure of that.
Correct. I think, DT represents accuracy of a person's judgment, while trust feedbacks represent how trustworthy the person is.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 05:50:25 PM

Thanks for putting up my name as an escrow but I don't wish to be one as it's a very responsible job. Darkstar is the best to choose.

legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 09:48:50 PM

Think I have voiced my opinion on this before. Thanks for the consideration. I don't think anyone could be a better option than Darkstar_ here because unlike me, he is really trusted by many people on this forum and he has proved his mettle.

Though this is no endorsement, just my opinion which is unbiased despite him helping me in my time of need.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 05:16:54 AM

I dont know whether the naming order can be rearranged. But, if it is, Any other active member and If anyone of you doesn't need a multisig, comment your support for whom? should be the last two options.

Was it mandatory to post here about our opinion? I'm clear with my decision already over Telegram that I'd only prefer Darkstar_ over any other candidates here.

Also, voters need to know, how long the poll will remain active. Otherwise, OP can close it at his whim as and when he feels his choices has higher vote than others.

Well, if you're talking about DS (I believe he supports DS as well), he may choose to do it right now as he's got enough votes over any candidate here, but that wouldn't be fair and that's why he even added more candidates like deadley, vennali and newIndia to give equal chance to everyone of them to be decided as an escrow, but I believe that our local community is highly inactive and/or unknown about this as well as very limited in number so we really can't get to a result here (if you want to hire an Indian extremely over a Canadian based on the TG group guy's comments). So it's better to stop this discussion please and leave it in the hands of DS, he's clearly the best of the best amongst any escrow on this forum.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████