Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:30:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiat currencies  (Read 1672 times)
Scotslass

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 12:12:18 PM

I think the people you are talking about are referring to fiat in general and not just dollar. If all currencies are getting weak at the same time one of them is still going to be the strongest and Dollar remains the strongest currency there is. And having a higher value doesn’t mean that a currency should be the strongest, if that’s the case then I don’t think that even the Euro stands a chance in being among the first three because there are other currencies with more value than the Euro and USD respectively

That ultimately depends on the total supply of money and the size of the economy

As you say, a higher exchange rate doesn't necessarily mean that a currency is stronger. It just means there are fewer currency units in circulation given more or less the same size of the economies compared. To gauge the strength of a currency we should look at its dynamics, i.e. how its exchange value changes over time. So if a currency with a higher rate loses its value (depreciates stronger and faster than other currencies), this rate should go down too even if technically it may still stay above the parity

Higher exchange rate doesn't necessarily mean that a currency is stronger. However it shows that currency is usable for more people than other currencies and that means more value compared to others.
And that value can lead to price pump
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 12:47:38 PM

Some say that dollar is weak and getting weaker.

But dollar is still strongest currency.

Look at the stable coins like : pax, usdc, usdt true usd and more...  They are pegged with usd.
But how many stable coins are for euro or other currencies? 

As people spreading rumours that dollar will  collapse and losing dominance, i see different.

My main question is what makes usd so dominant?

And why the euro value is higher then usd but USA dollar is still dominant, do you think that usd will be replaced by euro?

What's Ur take on that?

Well. Even Euro value is more higher, popularity and usage of USD is much more spread in all over the world. You can exchange USD more easily in any country comparing to EURO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: