Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 04:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob questions - rasperry pi + antminer u2  (Read 2842 times)
jackpf (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:47:30 AM

Hi all,

First off, I'm not doing this to make profit, I know that the likelihood is I will not make as much money as I put into this, I'm just doing it for a bit of fun.

I just wanted to ask if anybody has had any success with an antminer u2 running on a raspberry pi?

My planned setup will be:

raspberry pi
antminer u2
powered usb hub
cgminer

Does anybody know if this will work successfully? A guide I am reading about running a u1 on a raspberry pi says to use a forked repo of cgminer which fixes a crash, is this the same case for the u2?

One last question, what's the highest hash rate anybody has got out of the u2? I see it's advertised as up to 2.2gh/s with overclocking. Has anyone reached/exceeded this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jack
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:46:22 PM

Main cgminer, not a fork, works fine with this hardware+software combination, but I'd suggest using a regular PC first to get familiar with it before embarking on getting it working on Pi.

Most U1s are reliable at 2GH, so the U2 should be similar. More than that is unlikely to be stable.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
jackpf (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:17:44 AM

Thanks!
vmfx

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:33:01 AM

Also make sure you get a usb 2.0  hub, as the pi wont work with a usb 3 hub!

I am running U1's at 1.8 ghz no problem
jackpf (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:37:08 AM

Cool, thanks. also, just wondering, roughly how much do mine with your antminers if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing you're in one pool or another.

I think I read they'd make about 0.08btc a year? As long as difficulty doesn't skyrocket
vmfx

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 02:58:29 AM

How much you mine (payouts) really depend on the pool and how fast they are finding blocks

I think btcguild is more stable with lower payouts and bitminter is more erratic with bigger payouts...

I would probably start on btcguild, they have a counter that shows what your estimated daily earnings (it fluctuates each day based on pool size and difficulty) and they have cool charts,

Once you are comfortable then you can jump over to bitminter.

hope that helps
slashka

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:01:08 PM

Hey guys! I can not find the proper command line to start mining. I was trying the cgminer with no results (no devices found). Now, the bfgminer. My cmd is following:
Code:
sudo ./bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum1.suchpool.pw:3342 -u uuu -p ppp -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

Have tried different variations and I've got nothing. But! If I run only
Code:
sudo ./bfgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum1.suchpool.pw:3342 -u uuu -p ppp
and then manually adding the device in program it start mining, but at speed near 250 Mhash.

RPi runs raspbian, accessing via SSH. Antminer connected directly, because I want to make it work before installing the hub.

P.S.: cgminer and bfgminer were compiled from sources, the latest versions.

PayCoin - the people's money.
URC Coin - the power of hexagon!
Need a coin website? PM me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: