Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:09:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New rules and restrictions  (Read 2127 times)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:06:49 PM

I will say one thing if you click your, "Show unread posts since last vist" The amount of [ANN]bullshitcoin, crapcoin, dumbasscoin, ext is very very ridiculous. I can only guess some fool made a opensouce coin code and every stupid newb is doing it just like the ponzi's.

Between the splurge of ponzi's and altcrapcoins, its hard to filter through to find post of substance.

Ignore that particular board.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:12:12 PM

We dont need new rules, we as a community can make a vow as of right now to not touch any new coin that obviously doesn't bring anything new to the table. This would include a community ban on IPOs with the exception of being grandfathered in (ethereum). If we don't soon, almost all alts not in the top 20 are doomed.

CryptoREI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:18:20 PM

I will say one thing if you click your, "Show unread posts since last vist" The amount of [ANN]bullshitcoin, crapcoin, dumbasscoin, ext is very very ridiculous. I can only guess some fool made a opensouce coin code and every stupid newb is doing it just like the ponzi's.

Between the splurge of ponzi's and altcrapcoins, its hard to filter through to find post of substance.

Ignore that particular board.

How do you ignore a whole board? I have never seen a option for this, if you mean just don't look at the post that does not work when you are reading the the "Show unread posts since last visit" button. I like to read what has been posted since my last visit, just not see [ANN] dumbasscoin x16

about 50% of new post involve altcoins so much for "bitcointalk" lol

quicksalehelp.com
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:26:18 PM

Profile, Ignore Boards Preferences.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
CryptoREI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:28:03 PM

Thank you kind sir, that was fantastic.

quicksalehelp.com
KWH
Legendary

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:29:19 PM

Thank you kind sir, that was fantastic.

YW

Albert Einstein
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:20:26 AM

Profile > Ignore Boards Preferences Wink
Simple as this.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:59:18 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 12:12:08 PM by BadBear

Usually it's hard to do with altcoin threads going around in the Beginners subforum. Are they even allowed there?

No.
So reporting them would be the best solution, am I wrong?

Yes, report any alt coin threads outside alt currencies, including beginners.  I see several types there that shouldn't be. Currency exchange, gambling, services. Report em all, don't let those mods start slacking.

This isn't directed at you, just a general PSA, when reporting miscategorized posts don't just say wrong forum as the reason if you can help it, because if it gets moved, but the report is still pending (which can happen), its a crap shoot whether it will be marked as bad or not.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:10:21 PM

Usually it's hard to do with altcoin threads going around in the Beginners subforum. Are they even allowed there?

No.
So reporting them would be the best solution, am I wrong?

Yes, report any alt coin threads outside alt currencies, including beginners.  I see several types there that shouldn't be. Currency exchange, gambling, services. Report em all, don't let those mods start slacking.

This isn't directed at you, just a general PSA, when reporting miscategorized posts don't just say wrong forum as the reason if you can help it, because if it gets moved, but the report is still pending (which can happen), its a crap shoot whether it will be marked as bad or not.
I report in a "Should be in "Insert subforum here" ". Is that fine or do I have to do it in another way? Also, at OP, if you really hate altcoins, just keep reporting them if they get out of the designated subforums.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:22:34 PM

I report in a "Should be in "Insert subforum here" ". Is that fine or do I have to do it in another way? Also, at OP, if you really hate altcoins, just keep reporting them if they get out of the designated subforums.

It's fine because if one us visits the reported topic and sees it's in the right section (maybe moved by OP, maybe by another mod), we can mark the report as "Handled", otherwise we might mark it as a "Bad report" if the report comment says "wrong section" or something like that, and it was already moved to the right section (we may think the reporter erroneously reported the post).

Signature space available for rent.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 10:49:34 PM

Ignoring the whole section completely is the best option it seems.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: