Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:05:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading or Long-term Hodl?  (Read 5294 times)
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 03:34:51 AM

Regardless of what coin or token you are holding, you need to consider both options. Long term holding can be the most suitable action for some coins or tokens especially those which took a while to pump. But for coins or tokens that aren't too useful for longterm are good for day trading because it depreciates faster compared to others.

reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:16:15 AM

Personally, I prefer long term hold because it is what I have mastered. Well, I have tried Day trading once and I lost almost $100 which brought an uncomfortable experience. I can say day trading comes with its own expertise which the trader must learn and acquire before starting. The trader must also be ready to stay glued to the PC the whole day in order to see the trend of the coin.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:44:10 AM

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.
Your initial mistake was an error in choosing the altcoin you want to invest. and maybe when you choose hit the hype that occurred at that time. when investing in the long run don't ever buy altcoin which goes up a lot because of the hype because it's risky we're stuck.

For your own trading depends on whether you already understand how to analyze the market? already understand about the indicators that exist in the market. because trading is not as easy as many people say, especially if you have never traded before

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 09:36:01 AM

Personally, I prefer long term hold because it is what I have mastered. Well, I have tried Day trading once and I lost almost $100 which brought an uncomfortable experience. I can say day trading comes with its own expertise which the trader must learn and acquire before starting. The trader must also be ready to stay glued to the PC the whole day in order to see the trend of the coin.
Day trading is really hard to make money because we have to focus so much on the data of that coin so there will often be many problems related to our emotions. I think long-term investment is safer and you can completely control yourself if the market collapses unexpectedly. One way or another the most important thing is still profit because if you can not make money in this market, you will be a failed investor.

Of course no one wants this to happen and you need to have more knowledge in order to survive in the bear market. I only analyze the top coins and always consider many times before investing.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
bobelr (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 09:53:56 AM

Day trading isn't as simple as just buying low and selling high, it just doesn't work much with altcoins in my experience you got to do it in BTC/USDT. If you take a look at the SNTR today, its almost worthless coin where you can't even see updates that can make the coin spike a bit to attract traders but with BTC the price can just swing in everyday where your chances of earning is much larger.

yeah SNTR is more than worthless. I dumped already. Thanks for advice.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 09:56:58 AM

Day trading is really hard to make money because we have to focus so much on the data of that coin so there will often be many problems related to our emotions. I think long-term investment is safer and you can completely control yourself if the market collapses unexpectedly. One way or another the most important thing is still profit because if you can not make money in this market, you will be a failed investor.

Of course no one wants this to happen and you need to have more knowledge in order to survive in the bear market. I only analyze the top coins and always consider many times before investing.

You're right. Many response I got says almost the same as you. But I have learned one thing here overtime which is what risk is all about. Anyone scare to take risk is taking a big risk. But minimizing risk is a great skill not common. Thank you once again.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 09:58:40 AM

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.
Your initial mistake was an error in choosing the altcoin you want to invest. and maybe when you choose hit the hype that occurred at that time. when investing in the long run don't ever buy altcoin which goes up a lot because of the hype because it's risky we're stuck.

For your own trading depends on whether you already understand how to analyze the market? already understand about the indicators that exist in the market. because trading is not as easy as many people say, especially if you have never traded before

I actually didn't had any knowledge of trading or other at that time. That accounted for the huge loss.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 10:00:16 AM

Of course, we can choose both if we are able and have much more time to do daily trading. But for people workers can only make long-term investments because they are too busy with other jobs. Both can be done if we are unemployed.
that's right, both are very good.
for someone who doesn't have a job in the real world, it's best to do both. but for someone who is busy in the real world, he will choose for long-term investment. in my opinion, whatever the choice as long as the coin chosen is a good coin, it will be very profitable.

I can't agree less with you. But i would prefer hodlng as per advice I've got so far.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 10:37:41 AM

You can say anything, choose both of them means, first of all, choose daily trading. Because it is day trading that will take you the most time and effort.
In the case of an ordinary hold, we do not need to study charts, study indicators, build a strategy and follow it, minimize risks and learn to manage them, all we need is to buy coins as low as possible and wait.
Day trading is a full-time job.

adamin1i

Activity: 539
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 11:47:37 AM

If you have enough information and time to make a daily transaction, this may be appropriate for you. However, if you are untrained in daily trading, this will only harm you. In this case, long-term investment is more suitable for you.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 11:50:06 AM

If you have enough information and time to make a daily transaction, this may be appropriate for you. However, if you are untrained in daily trading, this will only harm you. In this case, long-term investment is more suitable for you.

Doing both is the best way to do in cryptocurrency, if we don't have to trade yet we should learn so we can do it later. Place 80% or more as a long investment and the rest for training on daytrading.
So, in the future we can do both, or even we can do a full time trade for daily income, if we already found the pattern of daytrading i'm sure we can earn like 2%-3% from our capital every day.
And also we already have long time investment which we can allocated in capital for daily trading too
Bim abk

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:08:13 PM

for daily trading it must have enough free time to do on margin, so adjust the time provided. If it is a long-term investment, you may be more free to do your research. so it's good to see the time before the investment is made
luves

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:20:27 PM

Day trading can be profitable if you know what you are doing and understand both the fundamentals and the technical. Some of the outcomes can collapse in price at any time, I should know I have been caught out a few times after starting a thread. So you need big swingers sometimes. https://kucoinblog.com/how-to-read-candlestick-charts-sk-bt
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 12:29:16 PM

Long-term investment also does not guarantee going to be profitable, because to predict market conditions in the future is also very difficult, basically all we need knowledge in seeing and analyzing something, both in daily trading and in long-term investment.
Oyimeelijah

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 01:28:03 PM

when ever i see a question that has to do with trading, first thing that comes to mind is profit/loss. if you are willing to be a part of the risk associated with trading then you are good to go. Now back to the question of which is better between day trading and long term trading (Hodl).

it all depends on the traders strong points, many are into day trading and it works for them, while most are into long term trading and it also works for them. As a trader do what works for you, don't follow the crowd.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ Futures & Options ⎈ IEO ⎈ APP ⎈ Community
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 02:20:22 PM

Long-term investment also does not guarantee going to be profitable, because to predict market conditions in the future is also very difficult, basically all we need knowledge in seeing and analyzing something, both in daily trading and in long-term investment.
every investment has its own difficulties, you need to make it easy by having knowledge in it. I also believe that knowledge is more important than profit, because with knowledge you get profit
gabbie2010

Activity: 2688
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 02:50:38 PM

By investing in forex, I was able to get good results in day trading and scalping, applying a good knowledge of technical analysis.
With the crypto everything is so unstable that the consecrated methods have little value, and we must rely on market knowledge, intuition and luck. And anyway, I'd bet on the long term.
I agreed with you on Day trading and scalping works perfectly with forex trading when equipped with adequate knowledge of TA and Price Action personally I had been trading forex for a while using my own twerked strategy which I deployed to crypto trading it doesn't work well the prices often defies all my analysis however I believed that your best bet is to buy and hodl for a long term trading to reduce your loss at a minimum risk We all knew that the price of bitcoin early this year was around $3300+ buyers at that price are already in profit now based on the current price of bitcoin.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
sends1

Activity: 756
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 03:07:42 PM

in my opinion holding long-term coins is also not necessarily able to profit. I think right now short term trading is suitable even though profits depend on our capital and at what price goes up
Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 03:30:28 PM

in my opinion holding long-term coins is also not necessarily able to profit. I think right now short term trading is suitable even though profits depend on our capital and at what price goes up

It depends on the market condition, if we have seen that the market behavior at the moment is uncertain, unpredictable, it is unlikely to do day trading, so the best thing to do is to calm at the moment and just convert fund to stable coin first, but if we are holding for long term, still for me it is good way to convert our fund first, so it won't hurt that much, it is better than panicking seeing the price is declining.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 04:24:40 PM

Of course, we can choose both if we are able and have much more time to do daily trading. But for people workers can only make long-term investments because they are too busy with other jobs. Both can be done if we are unemployed.
that's right, both are very good.
for someone who doesn't have a job in the real world, it's best to do both. but for someone who is busy in the real world, he will choose for long-term investment. in my opinion, whatever the choice as long as the coin chosen is a good coin, it will be very profitable.

When you have a real job (an actual job), when you have a boss, keeping it is being in your comfort zone, but when you will spend all of your time in Trading cryptocurrency, it might scare you at first, but once you get out of your comfort zone and got used to it, trust me, you'll like it most, cause you are going to earn more, you're going to have more free time for yourself, you're going to have the freedom you want which you can't attain when you are working and doing your daily shift at your office.

This is based on my experienced, I happened to had a job way back in summer, I've been assigned to the technical facilities fixing computers and other computer related problem, yes it sounds cool to have that some kind of job, but I don't care about the job, I care about the salary, that is why I will not do that ever again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: