Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading or Long-term Hodl?  (Read 5294 times)
boris1044

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 08:00:21 PM
Merited by PuertoLibre (1)

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and AWC could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.

long-term hold investing:

Pros:

Reduced tax rate thanks to long-term capital gains.
More hands-off than short-term trading.
Allows for cost averaging.
Forces you to research projects thoroughly.
Less paperwork involved for income reporting.

Cons:

You may miss out on large gains.
Not as exciting as day crypto trading.
Harder to make daily gains or income.

day trading:

Pros:

Potential for big gains.
Can potentially provide you a new income stream.
More exciting than a long-term holding.

Cons:

Carries higher risk than a long-term holding.
Higher tax rates.
More paperwork is involved.
You could end up holding a useless coin when it dumps.

Hope it can help.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rcoinmoon

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 08:01:54 PM

Hodl has not been fair to me honestly, I did alot of day trading in 2016/2017 and it was awesome but then I ran into a couple of lost so I had to go into buy and hodl, am still hodlin til this moment, please when moon?

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 08:30:00 PM

Hodling can give you good profit but not in all cases, meaning not all the coin you hodl. Before hodling, you can check if the community is active and this is important. If the coin is in cmc, you can easily check there to know the direction that it is and how it can grow in the future. You have to study a coin before investing in it. I have invested blindly too and seeing price slump painfully.

HODLing is not as simple as what most people think. Most thought that by HODLing, you are actually earning passive income by letting the value of your investments realized through time. But in reality, you have to exert effort, patience, and skill in order to maximize your earnings through HODL.

On the other hand, day-trading requires extreme skill, luck, and patience. I have personally witnessed my peers who do day-trading as their main source of income and there are days that they are on the red. Day-trading requires large amounts of capital (depending on your profit goal or limit) in order to realize income. Although the rewards may seem tempting, it definitely follows a huge amount of risk at the same time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bobelr (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 09:20:12 PM

In fact, there are many new tokens available today, DX and AWC are not bad tokens at the moment. But if you haven't done your research, you're likely to repeat the results as SNTR. And why don't you sell SNTR as soon as it drops a lot and still keep it to the present? You can learn more about BTC, it's growing.

Hahahaha nice. That's more reason I put on here for help analysis. Now I'm learning better.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 09:23:13 PM

Hodling can give you good profit but not in all cases, meaning not all the coin you hodl. Before hodling, you can check if the community is active and this is important. If the coin is in cmc, you can easily check there to know the direction that it is and how it can grow in the future. You have to study a coin before investing in it. I have invested blindly too and seeing price slump painfully.

HODLing is not as simple as what most people think. Most thought that by HODLing, you are actually earning passive income by letting the value of your investments realized through time. But in reality, you have to exert effort, patience, and skill in order to maximize your earnings through HODL.

On the other hand, day-trading requires extreme skill, luck, and patience. I have personally witnessed my peers who do day-trading as their main source of income and there are days that they are on the red. Day-trading requires large amounts of capital (depending on your profit goal or limit) in order to realize income. Although the rewards may seem tempting, it definitely follows a huge amount of risk at the same time.
I'd love to day trade. I will get some tutorials for it. Many of my friends make cool bucks from it. The time of loss is like 3 of 10. That's pretty viable with the right skill.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 09:25:39 PM

Hodl has not been fair to me honestly, I did alot of day trading in 2016/2017 and it was awesome but then I ran into a couple of lost so I had to go into buy and hodl, am still hodlin til this moment, please when moon?

Hilarious. But so sad a story. I know couple of guys who did ran into heavy loss buying and hodling BTC $18k .
One of them is still in shock. Another in coma. So pathetic.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 09:29:42 PM

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and AWC could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.

Pros:

Cons:

day trading:

Pros:

Potential for big gains.

Cons:

Higher tax rates.

Hope it can help.

Thank you for the headstarts. That's a bang of advice.  But how could day trading make one end up hodling shit coin when dump? Since he sells everyday and keep track of coin.
bobelr (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2019, 09:32:05 PM

Daily trading can be more profitable than long-term investments. But I think daily trading is more risky. And you should have a good buy-sell strategy for your daily trading and have free time for researches. You also have to follow the market very well. So I choose long-term investment instead of daily trade, as I cannot follow the market very well and I don't have a lot of free time.
Thanks for exerting that.
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 13, 2019, 09:38:24 PM

One thing you should understand is that whether Day trading or long term hodl, each comes with a lot of practice and learning. Day traders spends months if not years to gain the neccessary knowledge which will help them same is with long-term hodl; especially nowadays the market isn't always favourable only those with adequate year of training and experience can survive anyone not in this category might find it hard. As for me, long term hodling is my thing but am very careful of the coins to hold, I consider a lot of things.

cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 01:54:31 AM

For me, day trading is really profitable only if you can find your way around the daily trading tactics. Holding is not really profitable compared to day trading. A profit I can make from day trading can buy X5 of what I should have held. So in most cases, holding is not really profitable.
A lot depends on the current market trend because if the market is stable, day trading will bring a lot of profits for you if you have a specific investment strategy. I usually hold very little in the long run because the risk is usually very high if the market suddenly drops and that will be the time when you are most easily panic. In my opinion, if you know how to analyze and have good experience in day trading, you absolutely can make a huge amount of money.

Of course, there is no need to make too much profit but if you can earn 5% daily profit, you will certainly be very successful in trading and this is what everyone wants when participating in crypto.
Ifezanku

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 08:15:24 AM

Most times, I engage myself in day trading after studying the charts and other parameters that might made a coin moon. I used to trade Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple for long term trading but I trade other altcoins daily or in 48 hours.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
November 14, 2019, 08:32:23 AM

You should expect such, crypto is moving in circles and do not be fooled by thinking that all coins will never fall, there will always be rise and fall in crypto, if you can hold your 2$ worth of SNTR you can make your money back or over but if you sell now its your loss, you are not really in loss until you sell

MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 02:17:02 PM

Pros:

Cons:

day trading:

Pros:

Potential for big gains.

Cons:

Higher tax rates.

Hope it can help.

Thank you for the headstarts. That's a bang of advice.  But how could day trading make one end up hodling shit coin when dump? Since he sells everyday and keep track of coin.
Trade seems to be more suitable to do nowadays. Because I see there is a very good opportunity to make a profit by presenting trading.
Well, with this special concept of trading being the right choice and friendly to me. So feel free to choose trading for this time because this is a day of trading for everyone who is lucky. I hope all of you are also a lucky person.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
nutella_11

Activity: 175

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 02:37:51 PM

Day trading for me. But it's hard to compare these two things, it depends on what do you expect Smiley
memedennis

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 03:12:26 PM

I will say it depends on the one that works for you. day trading may pay for those who understand the market trend and trading signals , but for others long holding might pay .
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 03:37:54 PM

Day trading and holding in the long term, both of them can make a profit together and everyone must have their choice according to what they can do. For me personally to do day trading we need to understand more about trading and how to read charts to estimate what we will get and determine the right point to get out and buy the coins we have.
Xcode7

Activity: 1120
Merit: 415

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:10:54 PM

I will say it depends on the one that works for you. day trading may pay for those who understand the market trend and trading signals , but for others long holding might pay .
That's right, it depends also on how we organize a good trading strategy, we can not expect more to the market, they always show significant changes not in a matter of days or months, but hours and minutes. And may we always be blessed by the goddess of fortune for every sale and purchase transaction in this cryptocurrency.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:17:35 PM

my advice you can do both to get big profits one day, but invest your money with top or altcoin coins like BTC, ETH, LTC, EOS & BNB. some of which are very good for long-term and short-term trading. in trading you must be active in monitoring the assets that you are trading, with high volume coins, trading in large & important markets you must be prepared to accept any crypto risk and at least be able to manage your finances correctly.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:20:57 PM

Day trading and holding in the long term, both of them can make a profit together and everyone must have their choice according to what they can do. For me personally to do day trading we need to understand more about trading and how to read charts to estimate what we will get and determine the right point to get out and buy the coins we have.

yes, and to do long term hodl also we must have good knowledge to analyze the project thoroughly so that we can hodl long term coins that really have good potential and therefore to do both will be very beneficial if indeed we have the knowledge both in that field and we have to consciously and confidently do it because usually we only do it according to rumors, news or anything that basically we don't have the knowledge that in the end you will only make careless choices

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 04:48:11 PM

Trading must really have a lot of time to continue to control market movements and charts, and must have reliable expertise in analyzing to choose potentially profitable coins in the near future, and trading cannot be done with two options with real work whose time is up and focused on real work.
and that is the reason I did not choose to trade because I have a permanent job and my needs are also met from the results of my salary, and HODL will be the best choice for those who have real jobs whose time is only run out for real jobs, if the crypto trade and real work are both lived in my opinion will not be focused.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: