Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:31:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading or Long-term Hodl?  (Read 5294 times)
miklesm

Activity: 1078
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 12:22:06 PM

I prefer long-term holding strategy as it is much less risky than day trading. You just need to create a good portfolio once and to track the dynamics later. Anyway, Bitcoin should be the basis in any long-term strategy.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
volport

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 12:30:12 PM

Morning mate. I am having pretty similar vision. Another aspect that makes sense - how team delivers experience. So I always conduct own analysis, evaluating many factors etc. So just wonder whether you are just following any project with innovations.

Not really. There are many criteria I pay attention to as well. And as for solutions I follow - there are only 2 or 3. If you are interested, my latest discovery is ThreeFold Network platform. What I am impressed with - entirely new approach on IT industry. Heard of the solution already? A popular one these days
govorrue

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 12:57:51 PM

Not really. There are many criteria I pay attention to as well. And as for solutions I follow - there are only 2 or 3. If you are interested, my latest discovery is ThreeFold Network platform. What I am impressed with - entirely new approach on IT industry. Heard of the solution already? A popular one these days

ThreeFold? It seems that I've met the project somewhere, but cannot remember for sure. What exactly attracts you in their approach on the industry? Or where can I check out more on what the guys are bringing?
volport

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 01:04:03 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2019, 02:06:33 PM by volport

ThreeFold? It seems that I've met the project somewhere, but cannot remember for sure. What exactly attracts you in their approach on the industry? Or where can I check out more on what the guys are bringing?

There are several points. Basically, I am pretty impressed with the idea in general. Team is building the biggest decentralized grid of self-managing Internet capacity in the world that is being built collectively by an inclusive ecosystem and owned by everyone But of course, much better option is to Google guys and check out their website for more info on the solution, I believe you will be also impressed with the tech side
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 01:07:32 PM

Ever since I started trading on crypto, my major proceedings is long-term hodling. I always want to see a big trading value before I could ever think of selling my tokens. For me to actualize that, is to hodl altcoin for a very long time

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Ducky1

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 02:00:50 PM

If you are a holder then you must immediately decide for yourself how long you are ready to hold your coins, if your strategy is designed for 3 years, then do not worry now, in order to engage in day trading you need good trading skills, not everyone can profitably trade.

.█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
.CARTESI.📱.LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS.
                               .█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
govorrue

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 02:07:14 PM

There are several points. Basically, I am pretty impressed with the idea in general. Team is building the biggest decentralized grid of self-managing Internet capacity in the world that is being built collectively by an inclusive ecosystem and owned by everyone But of course, much better option is to Google guys and check out their website for more info on the solution, I believe you will be also impressed with the tech side

Interesting indeed so far, thank you very much for your recommendation. Will definitely have a closer look and get back with own thoughts
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 02:53:29 PM

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and AWC could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.
yes you can earn a lot in day trading you need to look for a coin have good development and purpose
there a lot of pump and dump coin that's why you need to be careful
im not familiar with the token you mention if I were you I would trade popular coin instead with a gap in the price and high volume

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Lion BItcoin Shop

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

BitcoreService.com

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 03:08:42 PM

If you are a holder then you must immediately decide for yourself how long you are ready to hold your coins, if your strategy is designed for 3 years, then do not worry now, in order to engage in day trading you need good trading skills, not everyone can profitably trade.

i think we must have parameter, how much we can lost and how much we can tak profit, like trading forex.
so we can manage our profit and lost

dont hodl for long time for altcoin

oktana

Activity: 1596
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 03:52:26 PM

Ever since I started trading on crypto, my major proceedings is long-term hodling. I always want to see a big trading value before I could ever think of selling my tokens. For me to actualize that, is to hodl altcoin for a very long time
means you are trying to continue buying without having to look at short-term prices.

many altcoins can still be traded every day with small profits, but you have another goal, it's better to keep them in an exchange wallet, especially on popular exchanges because passive income can still be obtained by risking the program for some of the POS coins provided, it will really help you.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Roidz

Activity: 1386
Merit: 250

1XBit.com

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 04:33:09 PM

I personally prefer to choose short-term investments to get profits even though the profits can be of small value, but in my opinion, it is very (profitable) than we make long-term investments that do require us to hold altcoin in the long time and of course long-term investments have risks which is greater than we choose short-term investments.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Whilemost

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 04:38:02 PM

In the past, maybe you didn't understand much about cryptocurrencies. surely know by now. You can increase your money even when investing in long-term and short-term ones.  Smiley
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 05:16:48 PM

I am a fan of day trading but though I have some altcoins I bought and hold for long till date because of the love but naturally I am a full day trader, to me I feel it's what works best for you. I do not hodl for long unless there something special about the project.
I feel that those people ultimately taste successes who are involved in both types of trading. As you quoted, you also stated that at times you do hold some coins for long term because of some special aspects or characteristics of the coin. So it is never easy to stick to only one type of trading. What I have observed is that basically it is the type of projects which decides whether it has to be treated like long term or vice versa.
Apinya_Anong1111

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 05:20:40 PM

I trust the DX and AWC tokens can really make me excited and if your information says it is correct then that's great. Everyday hourly trading codes are improving a lot, believing in cryptocurrencies is what we always need.
traducteurTor

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 05:24:59 PM

condolences to you. Your investment is very risky when you buy SNTR worth about $ 100. Be more careful. trust penny analysts more and trust the good advice of the people.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 06:39:46 PM

Good question. With forex, a proven trader can make really good gains in day trading if he is aggressive scalping and is lucky.
With crypto it is much more difficult because the technical analysis methods have practically no applicability and the volatility is very high and often without any apparent motivation.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 06:59:20 PM

13 months ago, I bought SNTR worth about $100 hoping that in few months I'll wallow in milliions of dollars like Ian Balina , but the reverse is often the case in the subsequent ones I bought. Sad fact, $100 worth of SNTR 13 months ago now less than $2.
whether you buy blindly, one thing that I can conclude from the loss that you experienced.
1. You invested in the wrong coin the reason the project failed to run.
2. You must analyze each coin that you want to invest for the future.
3. you better invest in coins that have large volumes and high rankings in Coinmarketcap such as ETH, and BCH.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
luppecuppe

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 10:04:56 PM

The price of Bitcoin is making $ 100 movements this week. I think there is no good environment for daily operations. If Bitcoin is stable, the rise of subcoins with robust projects may come. Ethereum can give you a great opportunity.
leatutz

Activity: 523
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 11:58:03 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2019, 02:25:28 AM by leatutz

Before now, I have always been getting it wrong about cryptocurrency. A friend recently opened my eyes to see how I could have increase little coins I have to fortune overtime by day-trading. But I am no that type. I had always thought I could only make fortune in crypto by hodling a certain coin for long.

Recently, I watched several videos of how to analyse a coin or token to invest in, gained some good knowledge of the basics. I discovered day-trading tokens like DX token and AWC could have actually make me what I hope to be If i had the right information. But its never too late. Yet, I am drowned in mentality that hodling for long can only be the fortune I hope for. Reason I need help.
Every amount of money is huge for us as our income. Your SNTR value is 2 USD, 98 USD are gone. For trading I picked a coin which is trading centralize and decentralized exchange for easy to transaction.
enwi

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2019, 07:51:30 AM

with current market conditions it will be difficult to do daily trading and you have to do very carefully to be able to get profit because prices will change quickly and if you make a wrong decision then you will lose, so for now I prefer to hold for the long term
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: