Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:36:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: 10th anniversary art contest  (Read 6422 times)
AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:58:33 AM

It's been a while since I painted, but I've been meaning to get some canvases to do some painting anyway and this competition finally gives me a kick up the backside to order some. So I've ordered some, hopefully I'll have something to show after a few weeks - it's definitely not something I intend to rush! I just hope my entry won't be buried amongst all the others, especially as it will probably come fairly late into the competition.

As always the replies earlier in the thread especially on the front page will get more exposure and therefore they are probably going to receive more merit. The criteria for the art contest isn't solely based on merit received though and I think theymos will be looking through all pages to judge fairly once the competition has ended. I think the best way for theymos to judge it would be to pick 20 personal favorites and then let the community vote in a poll or with merit.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 10:05:10 AM

I think the best way for theymos to judge it would be to pick 20 personal favorites and then let the community vote in a poll or with merit.
There's no need for that:
Prizes:
 - I will distribute at total of at least 1 BTC to the art submissions which I personally like the best, completely subjectively.
Besides, if theymos selects 20 favorites, I expect all of them to share the prize.

AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 10:54:13 AM

Besides, if theymos selects 20 favorites, I expect all of them to share the prize.
Yes they will probably share a prize but I feel like with the amount of submissions that might be a small amount. If there wasn't a community vote on it then I would say just pick 10 out of the 300 odd submissions so that each artist gets a good amount. 0.1 split between 10 people would be a good reward I think.
Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1727

Be A Hope

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 02:44:51 PM

or in order of activity?
BPIP has 1000 users ordered by Activity. If you want it all avatars in my collection, you'll have to scrape the profiles to get their Activity.

Thanks for user list and avatars @LoyceV.
I did something like that:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193860.msg52839997#msg52839997

Kripto Para Rehberi: Koinmen
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16832

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 09:13:13 AM

I think this belongs here too: iasenko more or less requested this:
10 year art topic sorted by Merit: http://10yearbitcointalk.tk/
10 year art topic in random order: http://10yearBitcointalk.tk/random.html
(updated every hour)

cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:00:52 PM

I think everyone is now forgetting about the Anniversary Coin and the Pumpkin Carving because of this contest.
Still wanting to have that Smiley

Sabotage. Update.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193860.msg52851257#msg52851257

I just hope everyone's work will be reviewed and no one will be skipped.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 05:31:49 PM

I think everyone is now forgetting about the Anniversary Coin and the Pumpkin Carving because of this contest.
Still wanting to have that Smiley

Sabotage. Update.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193860.msg52851257#msg52851257

I just hope everyone's work will be reviewed and no one will be skipped.

Yes, there are sources that view each page of the art contest to check worthy arts and I think all of good arts are being appreciated on that thread.

And hopes that no one forces someone to like art because everyone has different tastes. anyways, nice artwork you got there.
Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Be A Hope

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 04:12:26 PM

I can't stop myself from doing work. I've done 6-7 work (Video, gif, picture) so far. I hope this is not a problem.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Merit: 1505

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 05:02:14 PM

I can't stop myself from doing work. I've done 6-7 work (Video, gif, picture) so far. I hope this is not a problem.

I've not seen your work; however, I'd recommend producing one good quality work rather than producing so much material.
Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Be A Hope

View Profile
October 24, 2019, 08:17:39 PM

I've not seen your work; however, I'd recommend producing one good quality work rather than producing so much material.
But different ideas, different arts...
Like this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193860.msg52865068#msg52865068

I hope assessment be made as a work, not as a person. New ideas come to mind constantly.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2019, 08:21:12 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2019, 10:43:25 PM by DiamondCardz

But different ideas, different arts...
Like this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5193860.msg52865068#msg52865068

I hope assessment be made as a work, not as a person. New ideas come to mind constantly.

My problem with a lot of what you've made is that it seems to mostly be coming out of pre-made tools and templates, wordcloud generators, so on and so forth. I think if you took some of your ideas and went pen-to-paper, paint-to-canvas, or even just went into Photoshop or paint.NET and played around with some drawings, it'd come off a lot better.

That's not to say your stuff isn't without merit, you have some good ideas, but there are many other people entering entries and it doesn't seem fair to me if you bury their stuff out by constantly submitting entries, which then link to all your other entries and take up a ton of space in the thread, etc.

Edit: on this topic, could we restrict users to 1 post in the competition perhaps? If they want to submit multiple entries it should be done in 1 post, at this rate the competition thread is going to be approaching 100 pages by the time the competition finishes!

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 06:26:34 AM

When you have a feeling that everyone didn't notice your works...

https://images.plurk.com/3Mdlg94cAuraR9JrNeXVQ7.gif

And yet you want to be noticed by them #NoticeMeSenpai
Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Be A Hope

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 09:06:19 AM

What do you think is art?

I think it's depth of thought and meaning.

Michelangelo's Creation of Adam fresco became famous for expressing ideas. Not because it's crayon.
Picasso's Guernica painting was the best because he summarized an event. Not because the figures are so beautiful.

That's why I think @trendcoin's sharing with dildo is more artistic. It was a summary of what happened on the chart Bitcoin.
We can't expect anyone to be a painter. But ideas and depth of meaning should be valued.
Or, It was a deep idea to put a bitcoin logo in "Girl with a pearl earring" table. (@Yatsan)
Combining all avatars in a single photo was also meaningful. (@LoyceV)
etc...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 10:26:30 AM
Merited by Mitchell (5), LoyceV (1)

Edit: on this topic, could we restrict users to 1 post in the competition perhaps? If they want to submit multiple entries it should be done in 1 post, at this rate the competition thread is going to be approaching 100 pages by the time the competition finishes!
I'm going to re-iterate that I think this should be the rule. There are a lot of entrants and I think it's very, very unfair to the people who have clearly spent an insane amount of time on their entries to get drowned out by 5-10+ entries from a single person, each in a separate post with links to all their other entries, and so on and so forth.

Regardless of the quality of the entries I think entrants should be restricted to a single post. If they have more than one entry, they should just put them all in the same post.

Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Be A Hope

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 10:35:23 AM

Regardless of the quality of the entries I think entrants should be restricted to a single post. If they have more than one entry, they should just put them all in the same post.

In this way, it would be difficult to evaluate each study separately.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2019, 10:51:40 AM

In this way, it would be difficult to evaluate each study separately.

So people should be allowed to submit 20 different 5-minute entries as separate posts and drown out the people who instead spend hours on their work, because putting them in one post might make it 'hard to evaluate'?

I don't think it's reasonable that one person should be allowed to drown out others for the sake of it. If someone wants their work to be evaluated in detail, they should focus on quality over quantity.

cabalism13
Legendary

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 11:46:03 PM

they should focus on quality over quantity.

They actually think the more they submit, the more chances of winning this contest,  besides it will limit the other participants to think for another great idea to make.
Although we have countless of arts that can be identified but the fact that the users are just having a focus onthe anniversary that makes them have a limited ideas.

We can't expect anyone to be a painter.
Yeah, but the fact that a number of users does like paintings, then the others would think they should go for that kind of art.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 06:42:05 PM

Close enough to my old topic : Smerit for art which was a tiny initiative to uncover hidden talents.

I agree with you. Prefer to see 1 high quality art rather than 10 LQ ones..

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 11:25:54 PM

Close enough to my old topic : Smerit for art which was a tiny initiative to uncover hidden talents.

I agree with you. Prefer to see 1 high quality art rather than 10 LQ ones..

Agree, people will not notice that it's their nth entry and merits will be given to that post again. There's a lot of worthy artworks out there that should be given by merits also so let's not waste on nth entries. We should make at least 1-2 entries and that's enough. Don't make another entry just because people wanted that type of style and you wanted to have an art that is similar to those. I think 1 is enough and the uniqueness is prior to this contest.
Oasisman

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2019, 05:22:53 AM

I'm somehow guilty by the statement above. I had 2 entries in 2 different post in the thread due to the number of traffic in the thread and users who had more than 2 or 3 entries in a separate post as well. Thus, making my entry drowned by all other entries and I dont want my hours of work just to be drowned by an art made with just few minutes with less effort visible than mine.

Anyway, Im planning to add my last entry to make it 3, but im posting it under my first post in the thread.
I hope other users will follow suit.
Since theymos did not mentioned anything about making multiple entries in a single post, that gives enough reason for the other users (Ive seen a few) to seize the opportunity to flood a lot of entries just to make it visible to everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: