Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:34:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If You Died Tomorrow, What Would Happen To Your Crypto?  (Read 2543 times)
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:53:19 AM

That's question is really hard, because right now the only person who knows all my information about crypto is my girlfriend but she is not really expert on it that's why start right now i wil teach her all the things i known on crypto so when i really die she can manage all of my cryptos very well.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 03:20:32 PM

After reading this thread, I immediately remembered that death could come at any time without warning. However, regarding my crypto assets I'm not worried because I run this with my wife. My dear wife knows all the passwords and important keys, we also share multiple security on each device. So if there is something we don't expect to happen, at least each of us knows the way out, regarding crypto assets.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:42:38 PM

I think that the pieces of paper with my private keys would be thrown away, as relatives would not understand what it is. Grin

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Orange Mango

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:51:16 PM

I think that the pieces of paper with my private keys would be thrown away, as relatives would not understand what it is. Grin

It is up to you to make sure they do understand. Whoever lives with you must know about it. Those poor trapped coins.

After reading this thread, I immediately remembered that death could come at any time without warning. However, regarding my crypto assets I'm not worried because I run this with my wife. My dear wife knows all the passwords and important keys, we also share multiple security on each device. So if there is something we don't expect to happen, at least each of us knows the way out, regarding crypto assets.

That is good but do not forget to have an additional hard backup. If both your mobile devices are using the same private keys just remember to stay aware of security.
Mila52

Activity: 1022
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 08:17:53 PM

3) Take a look at Safe Haven. Safe Haven is building an Inheritance Platform that will allow you to do everything above, but with a legal entity that understands crypto and will make sure your funds get in the right hands. Not only will you reassured that your funds are secured and inheritable, but you will also be increasing the adoption of crypto yourself, outside of just investing into it.
It seems to me that Brybro27 raised this problem to discuss the possibility of  Safe Haven. But we aren't yet ready to trust our keys to other strangers. My son isn't interested a cryptocurrency, he is a realist and looks at my interest of cryptocurrency as a hobby, but he is able to deal with my notes and with my files on a PC because sometimes he helps me to my work.
mauriek

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 03:18:54 PM

That is the right step, we really should like that tell our families that we have valuable assets
on a smartphone or laptop so that if we die then our family can take our assets. I personally have also told my family about the Crypto assets that I have.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:22:58 PM

Nothing big gonna happen, because all that I've as bitcoin is the earnings out of the cryptotalk campaign. This will be taken by the yobit exchange as the payment is credited to the yobit account. Myself trying to buy and hold for the future, but I was unable to bear the expenses of the family and then spend on buying a little as investment for the future.
There is something you should do because you can't predict when you will pass away so you should secure every profit you already earned to be used by your family when you are gone. Maybe create some file and you should include to that file every important information about your account, your wallet, your account that is being used for you to earn. So that they can use it when you are gone. And the money will circulate and not being stocked forever. Maybe you should teach also at least one of your family on how to manage crypto and also how to earn money in cryptocurrency, market maybe pump anytime soon.
No Pain No blood

Activity: 658
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 04:25:30 PM

I have no idea...
at this time there are some people who know where I keep privatkey from my personal wallet. When I die, maybe they will use my crypto coins. it's certain that the coins won't disappear because I'm dead. there will be people who will use it later.
Onuohakk

Activity: 672
Merit: 29

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:26:19 PM

If anything should happened, I think that will be the end of all my crypto assets cos none of family member or friend ever believed or support me in crypto. Each time I raised the issue on how crypto works, they keep discouraging me to forget about it and do something good.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 04:41:33 PM

Actually this is something that I keep thinking about all this time, but I have planned to prepare all my data and compile it into 1 file, and I also write how to access the file completely. That's all I save into some secondary storage such as 2x flashdisk, 2x CD, and also 1x hard drive (this is to prevent if one of the others is damaged). Then after that I put it in a box, and I told my family not to open this box before I died.
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:53:13 PM

If I die tomorrow, what will happen to my altcoin?
I have private data backups in my brother's email. maybe he will be responsible when I die later. but I also doubt, he understands about this. because he doesn't really understand crypto. so maybe I will give a brief knowledge about crypto just in case if one day I die suddenly.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 05:02:22 PM

If anything should happened, I think that will be the end of all my crypto assets cos none of family member or friend ever believed or support me in crypto. Each time I raised the issue on how crypto works, they keep discouraging me to forget about it and do something good.

You should teach them before that day came we all not know when will be our last day and if you have large crypto balance all of them will be wasted for nothing if you will not teach them how to recover your funds.
You can make a note providing all your key if something bad happen they know what to do.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 05:03:12 PM

Being prepared for this is especially necessary now as we grow older and develop unforeseen illnesses. This is what I thought, so I made some instructions on how to get my crypto wealth and get it in the hands of my son and wife. But my wife didn't know this because I knew he would be angry with me, So when I die in this world I will leave it and my wife will discover this at the right time.
jabatani

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 05:18:05 PM

As more and more investors join this sector, a question everyone should be asking themselves is: "What happens to my crypto if I was to die unexpectedly soon?"

I understand the thought of this is depressing, but it is inevitable and the only thing that matters is whether you prepared for it or not. Most of us have enough money in this game to start preparing for this in order to prevent it from going to waste.

If you haven't planned around this, or even thought about it yet, I recommend investigating the few options below:

1) Include all your wallets and passwords/seeds in your will. Make sure you include instructions on how to access your funds as well as giving these to someone not familiar with crypto will be just as useless as not even including them in your will.

2) Along with the will, teach the closest person in your life how to access your funds. Whether this is your significant other, family member, or really close friend, make sure someone understands how to access a wallet and transfer/sell the funds. Just like how you should be researching projects before you invest in it, make sure you choose who you share your secrets with carefully.

3) Take a look at Safe Haven. Safe Haven is building an Inheritance Platform that will allow you to do everything above, but with a legal entity that understands crypto and will make sure your funds get in the right hands. Not only will you reassured that your funds are secured and inheritable, but you will also be increasing the adoption of crypto yourself, outside of just investing into it.

So no matter what you are invested in, if it is a large amount of money, I recommend you begin thinking about the future. Crypto is very complex and requires a lot of time to make it fully inheritable, so please make sure you take the appropriate safeguards and steps in doing this correctly.

Wao, this is a mind blowing question. The fact is, a lot of people die without people having or knowing their Crypto assets/investments. As long as privacy is necessary on the Crypto, someone still needs to have access to your Crypto investments. For me, my sister and my husband knows or have access to my passwords. Should anything happens, they will definitely have access to them (my investments)
SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 05:42:08 PM

That is the right step, we really should like that tell our families that we have valuable assets
on a smartphone or laptop so that if we die then our family can take our assets. I personally have also told my family about the Crypto assets that I have.

Lol. Apparently no one gives this a thought, out of superstition or just plain oversight. I think it's proper we have a cryptocurrency book or diary where we can write sensitive things which will be stored in a safe place at home or maybe treasure Bank.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 05:44:29 PM

why not inform about your crypto to you dear ones? In that way it will reach atleast your family people and could be helpful for them. Your partner should be trustable atleast in this aspect? or close friend whom you know for long time.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Reeny560

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 06:52:50 PM

My family has acess to my crypto wallet of which they can access all my crypto token in event of such occurrence. But even at that as of present only me have acess to my crypto wallet for now, but as soon as anything happen my lawyer its under obligation to relase all my details to my family

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 08:39:45 PM

Yes, cryptocurrency is quite difficult to understand. But over time, I believe that there will be a lot of training courses about blockchain and cryptocurrency, and many educational institutions will also talk about it. So the society will develop and be formed. But take care of your personal funds will still not be superfluous, so that your family could use them in case of something.

cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 08:52:45 PM

As more and more investors join this sector, a question everyone should be asking themselves is: "What happens to my crypto if I was to die unexpectedly soon?"

I understand the thought of this is depressing, but it is inevitable and the only thing that matters is whether you prepared for it or not. Most of us have enough money in this game to start preparing for this in order to prevent it from going to waste.

If you haven't planned around this, or even thought about it yet, I recommend investigating the few options below:

1) Include all your wallets and passwords/seeds in your will. Make sure you include instructions on how to access your funds as well as giving these to someone not familiar with crypto will be just as useless as not even including them in your will.

2) Along with the will, teach the closest person in your life how to access your funds. Whether this is your significant other, family member, or really close friend, make sure someone understands how to access a wallet and transfer/sell the funds. Just like how you should be researching projects before you invest in it, make sure you choose who you share your secrets with carefully.

So no matter what you are invested in, if it is a large amount of money, I recommend you begin thinking about the future. Crypto is very complex and requires a lot of time to make it fully inheritable, so please make sure you take the appropriate safeguards and steps in doing this correctly.
Before you died have prepare your bitcoin account save to your trusted family, you can save and give them bitcoin data now and teach him how to use and sell bitcoin assets before waiting you died, we don't know when we die and what happen for us at the future, keep ready is better before late and we can't take bitcoin assets anymore if we died without talk to our family.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 09:19:47 PM

Yes, cryptocurrency is quite difficult to understand. But over time, I believe that there will be a lot of training courses about blockchain and cryptocurrency, and many educational institutions will also talk about it. So the society will develop and be formed. But take care of your personal funds will still not be superfluous, so that your family could use them in case of something.

to understand and use cryptocurrency there is no need for special training and or a subject at any institution, basic knowledge just to use and transact with crypto can be done easily for now because there are many articles and others that discuss this and are easy to understand. so to prepare and anticipate if you die by leaving these crypto assets, then just enough to give them basic knowledge of how to use and transact and not have to bother about special training or whatever it is

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀