Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can people use facebook libra coin?  (Read 515 times)
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2019, 08:04:28 AM

The last time I heard, Zuckerberg was giving indications that he may put the Libra project in the freezer. A number of the partners have pulled out of the project, including industry giants such as Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Stripe. Twitter recently rejected a request from Facebook to join the project. And on top of all this, the US senators are not happy with the project as evident from their arguments during the last senate hearing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 08:13:02 AM

Libra will not replace the king of this cryptocurrency. Libra only gets support and is more popular because it is under the auspices of Facebook Inc.
If you want to replace Bitcoin there must be a new innovation to replace the old innovations. In relation to Libra, he said stable coin will likely not replace it could rival the price of Bitcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
James1970

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 08:24:45 AM

People really still use facebook and majority of people even dont worried about it.
Of course they are happy about libra
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 09:02:24 AM

I have never heard the latest Facebook Coins news and I don't know when libra can be publicly available. it's just that at that time I heard that several major partners canceled agreements with the Libra project such as the Paypal company. but the important point in your question is that I don't believe if libra will take over bitcoin, bitcoin will always dominate the cryuptoqurrency market.

Wynn1427

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 09:36:33 AM

Few takeaways below from recent hearing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1a5h5KncNM

- Fair warning its was long process and covered a range of items but I mainly followed it for the block chain portions.
- Was informational at times as well as comedic at other times. Seems over half representatives on the committee asking questions regarding block chain dont even understand the basic concepts and still think Facebook has direct control once it gets fully launched.
- Seems many still have an axe to grind with Facebook as a social media company.
- Calibra was referred to as a subsidiary of Facebook and non-profit entity. Initial governance would be put in place by Facebook and the project affiliates (large affiliates in the news are backing out and I believe are removing the target from their back as the regulators try to navigate a space that is very foreign to them). If it did ever get going it sounded to be a self-reliance entity.
- Libra is the proposed token and would consist of a basket of global currencies. Pegged and supposedly backed by various currencies.
- Zuck asked for regulation and wanted to comply with any and approval from all government financial entities to move forward with the project. Voices concern if US doesn't innovate someone else (China) will. Well hate to break it to everyone but seems some stable coins already do this (yes stable coin projects dont have the same user base so the target automatically goes to the largest entity with largest user base).
- Guess imagine Zuck can cut the tie anytime he wants and say Facebook and Calibra are two separate entities and go deal with them directly on these matters, we can expose our user base to it but once they are their we have not ties.

To answer the OP question:
- Tend to believe that this wold be another on-ramp tool for the general public that has large user base but the average person would possibly just use their native currency when it comes to day to day use.
- Timeline? Anybodys guess and does it really matter if its a centralized stable coin claiming to be of a block chain foundation?
- Overtake BTC? The general public is only in the infancy stages of beginning to understanding the block chain space and blinded to current global hegemony system that surrounds us. Reserve currency status does not last forever and block chain provides what I consider a small insurance policy that may or may not be paid out in my lifetime.
MURONDI

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 10:06:59 AM

I want to know about the new coin from the facebook called libra and how will people use libra, and when will libra be available? to use. did you think that libra will overtake bitcoin and other crypto coins and become the number 1 coin in the crypto market?

What you think and share info about libra here.
in my opinion libra is like crypto in general, it's just that libra is supported by large companies like Facebook, Paypal, etc. if not mistaken libra will be launched in 2020, I don't think libra will outperform bitcoin, and I'm sure people still make bitcoin the main crypto.
Waterfull446

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 08:39:14 AM

In Switzerland, Facebook has more chances for a libra. A couple of days after they registered the first cryptocurrency banks, which means they are more prepared to establish regulatory rules for blockchain projects, unlike the US, where the struggle between departments continues
superman2019

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 08:55:54 AM

In Switzerland, Facebook has more chances for a libra. A couple of days after they registered the first cryptocurrency banks, which means they are more prepared to establish regulatory rules for blockchain projects, unlike the US, where the struggle between departments continues
The case of the libra is receiving great attention, but significant events against their background go by the wayside. For some reason, many ignore the statements of China on the issue of its crypto coin. British banks also expressed the view that it should be faster to accept digital currencies as a new payment asset
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 09:20:20 AM

If Facebook is able to release their coin then there will be many use case and many will be using it to transaction if it gives you a much better solution than the rest of the coins in the market and they might have started this project thinking it could be a revolution but they are faced with regulatory hurdles and it is interesting what they will be doing and will they be able to release as planned or shut the entire project.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 09:39:52 AM

I want to know about the new coin from the facebook called libra and how will people use libra, and when will libra be available? to use. did you think that libra will overtake bitcoin and other crypto coins and become the number 1 coin in the crypto market?

Maybe for the initial stage, Libra coin will be used on platforms owned by Facebook. Facebook has many platforms such as whatsapp or messenger so that it will facilitate transactions if Libra coins are regulated. The speed of the transaction and without the need for third parties that might scare the regulator because it would disrupt the dominance of the dollar in international transactions
naikturun

Activity: 1190
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 11:56:09 AM

I do not think Libra will be No1, only his presence can raise people's interest in crypto, how could he beat BTC.
The presence of Libra also in believing can give a positive effect on the crypto market, people will use it because it is supported by Facebook, so people will believe it because the project is backed up by one of the biggest giants of social media.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 02:52:14 PM

Libra is Facebooks answer to mass cryptocurrency adoption, and is pegged to be a bold step for a centralized mass use of crypto. Libra the cryptocurrency by thebsamebname as its platform is a form of stable coin that is backed by low volatility assets.
  Libra will probably be Intergrating with Facebookband and it's partnerships like Instagram, oculus rift, and WhatsApp.

Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2019, 03:29:26 PM

As far as i know libra launch was been hold by SEC because they don't like the way that libra is about to be a stable coin and might probably to lessen the fluctuations in the market. So i think that Libra needs to change some of its plan or its use to be approve by the regulations. Libra will be just another cryptocurrency in the US and on Facebook? It is not enough to overtake bitcoin.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
December 03, 2019, 03:59:17 PM

As far as i know libra launch was been hold by SEC because they don't like the way that libra is about to be a stable coin and might probably to lessen the fluctuations in the market. So i think that Libra needs to change some of its plan or its use to be approve by the regulations. Libra will be just another cryptocurrency in the US and on Facebook? It is not enough to overtake bitcoin.

It could affect the market but I don't think that it will put a dent on bitcoin per se.

The US SEC is thinking putting Libra as a security token if I remember it correctly. And it deemed as such, then it will have to undergo and pass the test before it can be given a good signal to go live next year.

As far as the used, it is going to be used in online transactions, so probably Facebook wanted to join the remittance services and compete against Western Union and Money gram here and not a direct competition to BTC.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 02:17:31 PM

There is no release date for Libra, I'm not even sure if they are still going to release Libra because they are having some problems with the government. If it happens to be a success I believe that by the time is gets released Facebook will communicate to us on how we will be able to make use of it, but it wouldn't be anything different from other cryptocurrencies, and it's going to be backed by assets (a stable coin).

I also believe that they will have the wallet separate but your account will be linked to a Facebook account, that's the Central unit that is in charge. It was said it would be released in 2020, that's next year, for now the date has been cancelled till further notice.

Libra will be just another cryptocurrency in the US and on Facebook? It is not enough to overtake bitcoin.
Libra is not created to overtake bitcoins but for competing in remittance services. A stable coin from a famous brand is the only reason, libra is getting too much of limelight. It will serve like how paypal is existing and nothing more in my predictions. Slowly libra users will start adopting bitcoins after realizing its potential. Yes, all developments will lead to adopting the versatile one.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 02:28:10 PM

Yes , not enough to over take buy having thier platform that can use that coins is big help from them . For example payment and recieving payment is now much easier you can use that coins to buy ads or earn from ads other use of that coin might follow like you can use it also to all of thier partner as a payment.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 02:53:00 PM

Libra coin will be released next year of 2020, i also heard that it will be centralized, so it will be just like USDT that it will be a stable coin, and it will only be good to store your funds when we are facing a bear market and for online transactions, that is why it doesn't have any difference between fiat currency because it's just like it but in digital currency.
fullhdpixel

Activity: 2800
Merit: 608

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 03:05:18 PM

Lol, why do ask about Libra, a currency that has not yet been released? From the way I see it if Libra was successful it might beat or be on the same level with Ethereum and Bitcoin. Facebook has a huge population on Instagram and its main Facebook platform, imagine that they released that currency, I know for sure that at first it would be linked to all these platforms as a wallet at and lots of users will adopt it and they will gain lots of investors. Even though some members of the association have withdrawn, once it's successful they are likely to start fighting for a position in it.

The government doesn't like it, maybe because they think it's not going to benefit them, and they know for sure that Facebook will pull this out successfully. So they want it. For now, I will say that Bitcoin is leading. Although, why like bitcoin is because it is decentralized and there is no one in charge.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000       
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000   
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 03:08:34 PM

Facebook has got it user base all around the world. Facebook in the earlier days were used to find our old friends, then it served as a platform to find friends who have similar interests. This way it keep of transforming, and now it has got importance as a platform for marketing. In surveys it is found that facebook marketing ia more effective in making businesses than promotion through other social medias.

People keep on using different payment gateways for the buying and selling through facebook. With libra into usage each and every transaction will happen through libra. This provides much large scale circulation to libra, but the same will not make bitcoin go down to it.
alexnsk
Copper Member

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 01:59:03 PM

Libra testnet is testing 100 transactions per second at the moment. Some charts: https://inlibra.info

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: