Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Projects and Bounty . Way forward??  (Read 4419 times)
TheBusstop

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 01:38:24 PM

i will suggest if we can list projects that successfully launched without paying hunters. if we can create a thread for that. it will really make sense and may tagged campaign managers that hosted such bounty.
Bitagro is my number one.
OOOBTC is second on my list.
MyMacrojob is third

The way forward; in my opinion, is the moderators here to task any project that wishes to run a campaign to deposit a certain quantity of their tokens with an escrow or the campaign manager. whether they conducted a successful fund raising or not, they need to pay hunters.  MY OPINION.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 03:14:09 PM

i will suggest if we can list projects that successfully launched without paying hunters. if we can create a thread for that. it will really make sense and may tagged campaign managers that hosted such bounty.
Bitagro is my number one.
OOOBTC is second on my list.
MyMacrojob is third

The way forward; in my opinion, is the moderators here to task any project that wishes to run a campaign to deposit a certain quantity of their tokens with an escrow or the campaign manager. whether they conducted a successful fund raising or not, they need to pay hunters.  MY OPINION.

I can also contribute some of the project that didn't pay bounty hunters at all, for sure most of us here can contribute. What I am wishing too is that this forum could be strict and just allowing those scam project to be posted here, that there should be rules regarding it that they should be evaluate first and need to pay fee here in forum to be able to be listed here, so we can eliminate scam projects instantly.
ajiz138

Activity: 1498
Merit: 785

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 03:26:52 PM

Report their thread and publish it so everyone knows that the project is a scam and cheats investors. this will reduce the risk of the project developing. Many scam and meniou projects, but the law applied to scammers is unclear and no one has set, because the identity they use is all fake. As a bounty hunter, if it is not paid, it has become a risk that must be borne.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pr0st0Pr0be1
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2019, 07:55:50 PM

At the moment nothing can be done. This problem would be easily solved if the SEC agreed to cooperate with cryptocurrency. But that didn't happen. There was still hope for BAKKT but as we all know nothing has changed. Now we can learn from the positive experience of China. But we only need time to see in practice all the shortcomings of the system. It is important to be able to think analytically and be very attentive to their activities. Then you won't fall for fishing link and watch fake whitepapper.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
laskybok

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2019, 08:01:18 PM

There is no online venture, business or investment platform that has no inkling of scam in it. Cryptocurrency is not the first and it will not be the last. The reason we are all saying this, is because we are involved and there are many people in it. If we can learn to be involved and still avoid scammers, then there won't bev any problem.
We can only solve it individually, by learning how it is done or how to do the right thing.
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 01:01:53 PM

What do you think can be done to counter this ill manner behaviors that has been painting cryptocurency bad?
There are no scammers if there are no investors that are ready to get scammed. If the investors know which project do they need to invest or not then they will not get scammed.

The best thing to do right now is to just not invest on ANY projects. In this case, no investors will be scammed. It will be hard I think because day by day, projects are emerging and hoping that their project will become successful but still there are projects that are becoming a scam or fail. Still, not investing totally on these projects will be the best way to counter this numerous scams that are happening.

of course every investor who wants to put money in one of the projects of course he must examine more about the project to be developed to avoid being scammed. Scammers will always appear in the crypto room and of course that can not be avoided, unless every investor is good at choosing projects that will be followed and of course it can avoid the various fraudulent projects that exist.

TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 01:05:17 PM

What do you think can be done to counter this ill manner behaviors that has been painting cryptocurency bad?
There are no scammers if there are no investors that are ready to get scammed. If the investors know which project do they need to invest or not then they will not get scammed.

The best thing to do right now is to just not invest on ANY projects. In this case, no investors will be scammed. It will be hard I think because day by day, projects are emerging and hoping that their project will become successful but still there are projects that are becoming a scam or fail. Still, not investing totally on these projects will be the best way to counter this numerous scams that are happening.

of course every investor who wants to put money in one of the projects of course he must examine more about the project to be developed to avoid being scammed. Scammers will always appear in the crypto room and of course that can not be avoided, unless every investor is good at choosing projects that will be followed and of course it can avoid the various fraudulent projects that exist.
Nothing guarantees that we will avoid project scams if we join a new project. those who are already registered in the exchange can also be a scam when we greet. all is possible to eliminate our money but being smart is not the solution. multiply the experience then we will be a little safe from scammers.
ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 01:07:55 PM

There is no online venture, business or investment platform that has no inkling of scam in it. Cryptocurrency is not the first and it will not be the last. The reason we are all saying this, is because we are involved and there are many people in it. If we can learn to be involved and still avoid scammers, then there won't bev any problem.
We can only solve it individually, by learning how it is done or how to do the right thing.

More over cryptocurrency is full of anonymousity that really fit for scam and crime. So we have to be more careful to choose what we will invest and careful opening many crypto websites because some of them are having a virus that can attack our wallets.
d3nz

Activity: 1288
Merit: 264

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 01:22:20 PM

A lot of scam projects last 2017 until this year and as of now there is an active ICOs that obviously a scam and i think they should be not allowed to promote their fake project and campaigns.

And i thinka lot of investor learned their mistake investing their hard earned money just to join a scam ICO that will surely less than the value whrn it listed on exchange.
bahlulfahrul

Activity: 475
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 01:46:52 PM

actually there is nothing we can do because we are on the internet it's hard to distinguish people who turned out to be the CEO of the previous scam project, because if they could create a new social media account to fool more other victims.
this year I felt that I was a part of the bounty not paid and also participated in the ico korea project which ended up being a scam
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 02:10:12 PM

I think it's quite difficult to overcome this fraud problem. because fraud always happens anywhere in fiat money or cryptocurrency as long as there is a chance they will cheat. and also there is no institution that can punish people who commit fraud in cryptocurrency. so scammers will always be there. what we can do to fix this problem is to always promote good things about cryptocurrency and also educate newbies to always be careful in storing cryptonya and also must always do research before investing crypto.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 02:32:23 PM

Unfortunately there is no way to identify any scam project in cryptocurrency space other than your knowledge as of now but I believe it is not possible to develop something to identify such scammers if community comes forward to do it. Scammers are sorrows of cryptocurrency world, they have ruined this market more than anyone else, they need to be isolated so that more and more money inflow comes in. Crypto market really need a good moneyflow to survive and grow.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 02:42:07 PM

Bounty campaign should have a body with executive's who will screen every bounty campaign being listed here before they can be listed. Secondly the cbody should have an escrow segment to hold campaign rewards before any project promotion starts to avoid hunters working without payment after many months.
daniel002
Copper Member

Activity: 382
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 02:51:51 PM

Whether you believe cryptocurrencies are a bubble or not, one thing everyone can agree on is that an investment frenzy attracts unscrupulous individuals looking to prey on trader greed. We should take to be safe when trading cryptocurrencies.

jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 02:56:34 PM

I think we don't recognized the real project to the scam project because if we see all project that we check in the site are so many simillar features and offer. So I think the only thing that every hunter can be assurance for real campaign is the kyc of campaign manager together with face captured. And I think they need to be more secured in choosing who are entering in site.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:18:05 PM

Bounty campaign should have a body with executive's who will screen every bounty campaign being listed here before they can be listed. Secondly the cbody should have an escrow segment to hold campaign rewards before any project promotion starts to avoid hunters working without payment after many months.

that is a nice idea  but as far as i know this idea has been already suggested on the past by some bounty hunters that are also tired of getting scammed but look what happened ?  scamming still occur up to this date even if there were already escrows and good bounty managers that scans the project  . sometime's a an escrow or a manager can abandoned thier reputation or job because they are tempted about the funds that they hold   . this isnt predictable sometime's  .
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:29:24 PM

Unfortunately there are quite a few scam projects and scam bounty on the market right now. In order to avoid such scam projects, we need to do a pretty good research at first. In particular, I think we should read the whitepaper and definitely investigate the team members of the project. For bounty campaigns, we should also choose a good bounty manager. I believe it is more beneficial to participate in campaigns organized by positive trusted managers. This ways can help us for be away from scam projects/bounties.
There is differences here, some bounties are legit projects but they used bounty hunters for their own selfish gains, after bounty ends they refuse to pay bounty hunters, the only solution i can think of is to follow trusted bounty managers, you will always get paid

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:35:01 PM

Unfortunately there are quite a few scam projects and scam bounty on the market right now. In order to avoid such scam projects, we need to do a pretty good research at first. In particular, I think we should read the whitepaper and definitely investigate the team members of the project. For bounty campaigns, we should also choose a good bounty manager. I believe it is more beneficial to participate in campaigns organized by positive trusted managers. This ways can help us for be away from scam projects/bounties.
You made a good point when you stated that bounty hunters should do bounties managed by a trusted manager to be on the safe side, it will go a long way even though sometimes the team members still mess with the manager, when the coins/tokens are not escrowed. If I go by your "read the whitepaper" in order to know a project which is not scam, most scam projects are aware of this hence take their time to deliver a very good whitepaper (unlike before that they just plagiarise) in order to lure in investors. In my opinion, do more research on the team behind the project and their product. Check if they are experienced, if they attend crypto events and if they have good project backings.
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 04:40:54 PM

Bounty hunters are smarter, pay close attention to scam projects where there are very few hunters involved because they know they will not be rewarded. Hunters were smarter in selecting the project they would be involved in. Hunters now have better vision than hunters in previous years.

crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 04:54:27 PM

Bounty hunters are smarter, pay close attention to scam projects where there are very few hunters involved because they know they will not be rewarded. Hunters were smarter in selecting the project they would be involved in. Hunters now have better vision than hunters in previous years.

That's really a good thing for all of us, because we already realized the value of being vigilant, and checking out the real projects to those who are now, we are now much careful compare to the past years, we also have been careful with investing our hard earned money, most of the time, we don't invest at all, because we are all tired with those scam projects that we have no ROI at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: