Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:27:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Projects and Bounty . Way forward??  (Read 4418 times)
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 01:29:08 PM

There is no regulation for that. So we cannot do anything. They freely act like that. There should be rules in the forum that make projects unable to commit fraud. Maybe some kind of provide their data in this forum. This is just a suggestion, bounty participants are required to fill out KYC. After that, they can easily not payout for our work. Why don't we ask them to fill out KYC in this forum? Maybe there will be a group of people who work for that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 03:47:09 PM

As for bounty campaigns, it is very difficult to do something because there is no mutual assistance and unity in the bounty hunter community. Perhaps having a Union could improve the situation. But I'm not sure that many people will join a Union if we create it, for example, in next few days.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 03:55:02 PM

Its really hard to pinpoint the scam but we have our own instinct and knowledge. If you think or feel that project would turn out as a scam then stop promoting that and share your thoughts on this forum so we could spread our thoughts and some people will be curious to clarify if that project was really a scam.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 03:57:38 PM

Scam projects are dangerous for bounty campaigns, not only do bounty hunters not get paid but also they promotea fraudulent project and can cause big losses to investors and that is the problem.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 04:01:37 PM

As for bounty campaigns, it is very difficult to do something because there is no mutual assistance and unity in the bounty hunter community. Perhaps having a Union could improve the situation. But I'm not sure that many people will join a Union if we create it, for example, in next few days.
if you talk about the community maybe some of the community managers have a little help. but that doesn't help the scam project. some managers must wisely choose projects not only who pay them at the start, but they must care about their reputation as bounty managers.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 04:41:35 PM

Scam projects are dangerous for bounty campaigns, not only do bounty hunters not get paid but also they promotea fraudulent project and can cause big losses to investors and that is the problem.
i agree that is the biggest problem in the bounty campaign
in my opinion, the solution for this is escrow the payment for the bounties
and KYC not for the user but for the team behind it.

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 12:24:42 AM

Its really hard to pinpoint the scam but we have our own instinct and knowledge. If you think or feel that project would turn out as a scam then stop promoting that and share your thoughts on this forum so we could spread our thoughts and some people will be curious to clarify if that project was really a scam.
I got scam before the project turns out scam and did not pay the bounty hunters. Since no regulations yet to pins those scam project our ways is to assess always and be updated on their group. Many become a victim of scam and we should observe the team behind the project it could help.
bobyhodob

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 01:04:12 AM

I got scam before the project turns out scam and did not pay the bounty hunters. Since no regulations yet to pins those scam project our ways is to assess always and be updated on their group. Many become a victim of scam and we should observe the team behind the project it could help.

To know about team is still not enough I dare say if they have a team of smart people in my opinion the potential for scams will be the same there.
Scammers is smart ,
I think I would prefer if they had an honest team and could communicate well with the community

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2020, 01:05:42 AM

years 2019 is a bad year for crypto because most projects are many scams and investor interest in investing has ben more diminished. while that's the bounty hunter's hard work did not bear fruit, it was difficult to know whether the project was a scam or not because at the beginning of the launch the development team always gave a big prize and after that ended in fraud. I hope fraud in this year will more decrease.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Legasches

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 01:27:01 AM

years 2019 is a bad year for crypto because most projects are many scams and investor interest in investing has ben more diminished. while that's the bounty hunter's hard work did not bear fruit, it was difficult to know whether the project was a scam or not because at the beginning of the launch the development team always gave a big prize and after that ended in fraud. I hope fraud in this year will more decrease.
The number of fraudulent projects in 2019 was much lower than in 2018. The trend is positive, so we will wait for a more favorable of the market to invest effort and money
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:00:29 PM

if you talk about the community maybe some of the community managers have a little help. but that doesn't help the scam project. some managers must wisely choose projects not only who pay them at the start, but they must care about their reputation as bounty managers.
The essence of my message was that the hunters are not trying to help their colleagues who inadvertently or stupidly participated in the bounty campaign of a fraudulent project or a project that decided after the end of the campaign to pay nothing (I also consider it a fraud). Help can be of different types: a tweet about the description of what is happening with the project or an article on special sites. But the hunters prefer to pass by.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:12:07 PM

The number of fraudulent projects in 2019 was much lower than in 2018. The trend is positive, so we will wait for a more favorable of the market to invest effort and money
The recent market conditions are not suitable for joining the IEO and bounty campaigns. From my experience, the bounty participants don't usually care about the development of the project, many hunters join for making a profit with spending time, online resources. This year can be difficult to join the good quality projects.
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 05:04:23 PM

The recent market conditions are not suitable for joining the IEO and bounty campaigns. From my experience, the bounty participants don't usually care about the development of the project, many hunters join for making a profit with spending time, online resources. This year can be difficult to join the good quality projects.

Hope that the bounty manager will also be strict and will just have limited number of participants so it will be beneficial for bounty hunters too, and hope that bounty manager itself will be the one who will check and verify too if a certain project is legit one. IEOs doesn't guarantee at all that they are legit too, as scammers are doing IEO's as well to raised money.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 06:19:27 PM

I think it all starts in the mid 2018, where bitcoin started to fall , it appears to be on its ATH at 2017 then  suddenly going deep down, many bounties turns to be scam, even those having a potential turned to be one. Many people losses their interest, they are not investing anymore, companies creates bounty and then will not pay their participante, some of them listed on a cheap exchange and then become shit coin.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
TheICE007

Activity: 646
Merit: 100

tozex.io

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 08:29:02 PM

Well the only thing to be done is for investors to be very careful by carrying out enough research so as not to fall victim of their scam, also bounty hunters should do same so they don't end up wasting their time. Scammers can never be erased but we can reduce their success by researching.

► TOZEX ◄ ♦ Cryptoasset Financing Platform ♦ ► TOZEX ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Legasches

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 09:59:00 PM

Hope that the bounty manager will also be strict and will just have limited number of participants so it will be beneficial for bounty hunters too, and hope that bounty manager itself will be the one who will check and verify too if a certain project is legit one. IEOs doesn't guarantee at all that they are legit too, as scammers are doing IEO's as well to raised money.
Yes, the problem of fraudulent projects still remains and it would be good if the community came up with a solution for it. Cause now everybody's so busy making money that hardly anybody cares (I mean IEO managers)
daglordjames

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 06:35:00 AM

ome of the successful ico or ieo, I think some of them doesn't pay the bounty campaigns and just leave them in the air and the bounty hunters just wasted their time by doing the task.
Latines

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 06:56:57 AM

This is a very good question. I like that this topic has gained twenty pages. But what to do with this is unclear. Because some projects do really a lot and then go to scam. Some projects do everything, and bounty managers spoil everything for us. Therefore, there are too many points that somehow affect the negative consequences. I would really like for someone to find a solution, but for now, all I can offer is projects that filter out ICOs themselves, pay out from the bounty themselves, and you know who to ask. But so far, I have not met such a platform which I would completely trust.
hahuong123

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 12:47:54 AM

So far I have participated in a lot of bonuses, I can say only 2/10 bonuses will definitely pay you,
The best thing that hunters can do is to be selective about the types of projects they choose to promote. Or rather, there are few hunters that can do to punish those who take them for granted.
The most common is when project teams only equipment does not pay hunters. Sometimes, the project team may have put all the tokens into the owners of the bonus managers and he decided not to pay. This is why the tokens are deposited, to avoid being heated, but the bounty hunters still get in.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 02:05:09 AM

So far this year , a lot of scams have occurred in the crypto sphere ranging from projects scamming investors and as well as projects not paying hunters for their works.

What do you think can be done to counter this ill manner behaviors that has been painting cryptocurency bad?
Learn from your mistakes and don't repeat it. I used to joined a lot bounty campaigns before I got too excited and sometimes ignoring its legitimacy but that was wrong, only few of them pays really well. As bounty hunters or investors it is our due deligence and we should always be vigilant as much as possible, we should learn to evaluate and investigate projects that we'd like to involve in because what can we expect in unregulated space scams are on every corner there are geniune but very few, give value to your efforts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: