Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Energi's (NRG) charity, what do you think?  (Read 197 times)
thatsnotmyname (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 03:08:51 PM

Hello everyone,

Recently I saw that Energi (A top 100 coin on CoinMarketCap) has a charity connected with them called Energi Impact.

Currently they are focused on environmental aspects and also social impacts. They seem to be consistently beach cleaning, helping orphanages in Indonesia and recently they started a new campaign.

For every new follower on their Instagram throughout the month of October, they will plant a tree and if you share a certain post talking about their campaign, they will plant another tree as well. Currently according to their recent post, they have planted over 3,000 trees. If you want to get involved in the project and have them plant a tree for you giving them a follow, you can visit their Instagram profile on the link below.

https://www.instagram.com/energiimpact/

They also have a Facebook an Twitter if you want to follow to keep up to date with them, but the above campaign is only for Instagram.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ENERGIIMPACT/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EnergiImpact

What do you think about a charity being connected to a coin?  Personally I think it's great as they are making an impact. There are very few coins / tokens that actually make a difference in the blockchain space, never mind in the world. On top of that, i've seen a lot of projects that are trying to improve the environment but have done nothing, Energi has planted 3,000 trees in one campaign, cleaning up beaches and helping orphans, I hope they continue to grow this part of their ecosystem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 03:15:39 PM

Do you know why they do such things? Because people will notice who is behind the charity events, so it is a very good marketing move, I think.
But, it is nice to see, that such marketing works and it is also beneficial for poor people and nature.  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 03:19:42 PM

Do you know why they do such things? Because people will notice who is behind the charity events, so it is a very good marketing move, I think.
But, it is nice to see, that such marketing works and it is also beneficial for poor people and nature.  Smiley

I mean even if it's a marketing plan, i don't really mind as they are doing something positive. I would always prefer to see them making a positive impact than buying a bunch of adverts or google ads.

I also think they could use their coin in their charity as well, think it could be a cool way to use the coin to fundraise, adding another reason to buy the coin rather than just the price / speculation.
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 03:53:09 PM

It is gratifying to see such approaches from projects. I think Binance has a charity too. I think that such platforms express the nature of the blockchain very well. Because blockchain is a pioneering technology in creating a more just and equal world.

I hope we see this kind of project increase. I appreciate Energi.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:02:40 PM

What do you think about a charity being connected to a coin?  Personally I think it's great as they are making an impact. There are very few coins / tokens that actually make a difference in the blockchain space, never mind in the world. On top of that, i've seen a lot of projects that are trying to improve the environment but have done nothing, Energi has planted 3,000 trees in one campaign, cleaning up beaches and helping orphans, I hope they continue to grow this part of their ecosystem.

Here is my question, on the 3,000 trees planted by Energi, how many of them were still alive after one week? After one month? After a year? How many of them grew into a mature tree? Planting is one thing, taking care of it, and seeing the seedling grow into a full tree is another.

Projects such as this is a thing to behold. This is not a selfish project, one that is made for the purpose of profit alone. The main concern about a project such as this is funds as well as sustainability. I would want to know more about tokenomics of such project.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:31:23 PM

I notice the program in August when they start it.

IMO it's just a clever marketing and getting millennials involved through Instagram.
'Impact' is a strong statement for 3 000 trees, but let's hope they will plant another 300 000.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:40:44 PM

I didn’t know much about the project but its a good concept, blockchain and nature sounds cool. But since when they start doing this? Who doesn’t like charitable projects as long the funds are used in good and not only for the benefit of few individuals and I hope its not just a front. I hope they will succeed on their missions on creating a greener world.
thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:48:38 PM

It is gratifying to see such approaches from projects. I think Binance has a charity too. I think that such platforms express the nature of the blockchain very well. Because blockchain is a pioneering technology in creating a more just and equal world.

Yes I noticed that Binance have one too, I honestly think more crypto companies should adopt this to help improve the world.
thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:53:50 PM

What do you think about a charity being connected to a coin?  Personally I think it's great as they are making an impact. There are very few coins / tokens that actually make a difference in the blockchain space, never mind in the world. On top of that, i've seen a lot of projects that are trying to improve the environment but have done nothing, Energi has planted 3,000 trees in one campaign, cleaning up beaches and helping orphans, I hope they continue to grow this part of their ecosystem.

Here is my question, on the 3,000 trees planted by Energi, how many of them were still alive after one week? After one month? After a year? How many of them grew into a mature tree? Planting is one thing, taking care of it, and seeing the seedling grow into a full tree is another.

Projects such as this is a thing to behold. This is not a selfish project, one that is made for the purpose of profit alone. The main concern about a project such as this is funds as well as sustainability. I would want to know more about tokenomics of such project.

I get your point that it is about sustainability, but it seems that the guys behind Energi Impact are very in touch with the cause and I'm sure this will have been taken into consideration. I don't think they are simply planting trees to let them die and the correct precautions will be taken. They are all about making an Impact.

Currently Energi Impact doesn't have a tokenomics, as it's under the cryptocurrency of Energi. It is their sustainable, change the world part of their organisation, so i am assuming that Energi supports it to make a difference to the world.

Overall, I think it's just a nice refreshing idea that a crypto company is making a difference. People can call it a marketing scheme or look past the good in it, but at the end of the day a crypto company is planting trees for the simple task of following them on social Media. I only see that as a big boost.

So far the only other company that i see making an impact is Binance, so I salute Energi in what they are doing.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 04:57:39 PM

seem their bounty campaign regarding the tree plant program. definitely a helping team.

But, it is nice to see, that such marketing works and it is also beneficial for poor people and nature.  Smiley

I mean even if it's a marketing plan, i don't really mind as they are doing something positive. I would always prefer to see them making a positive impact than buying a bunch of adverts or google ads.

I also think they could use their coin in their charity as well, think it could be a cool way to use the coin to fundraise, adding another reason to buy the coin rather than just the price / speculation.

they seem to focus more on marketing the environment friendly project. if they are building a trust with the bigger environmental group like the green peace, they can then have a big community and easy promotion for both. for fund raising i guess its best o just use the more common coin that everyone knew, BTC. they'd have to do alot of marketing still.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:58:40 PM

I notice the program in August when they start it.

IMO it's just a clever marketing and getting millennials involved through Instagram.
'Impact' is a strong statement for 3 000 trees, but let's hope they will plant another 300 000.

Regardless, it's doing something good. And the campaign started only a week or two ago, not August. I think Energi Impact was created around then though (maybe),

I don't see it as a negative at all, win, win for both parties.

In regards to the numbers, the more shares and follows they get, the more trees. Help them out! Maybe they could get a huge number! All people have to do is follow them on Instagram!

thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 05:31:20 PM

I didn’t know much about the project but its a good concept, blockchain and nature sounds cool. But since when they start doing this? Who doesn’t like charitable projects as long the funds are used in good and not only for the benefit of few individuals and I hope its not just a front. I hope they will succeed on their missions on creating a greener world.

They are part of the cryptocurrency Energi (Who are in the top 100 on CoinMarketCap) They are the part of the ecosystem that aim to make the world a better place through numerous things.

You can find out more about Energi on their website - https://www.energi.world

I see it only as a benefit, simply follow them on Instagram and they plant a tree! I think it's an amazing campaign and we should help spread the word of it. It finishes at the end of October. You can follow them on the link below, meaning they will plant a tree for it.

thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 05:42:54 PM

seem their bounty campaign regarding the tree plant program. definitely a helping team.

But, it is nice to see, that such marketing works and it is also beneficial for poor people and nature.  Smiley

they seem to focus more on marketing the environment friendly project. if they are building a trust with the bigger environmental group like the green peace, they can then have a big community and easy promotion for both. for fund raising i guess its best o just use the more common coin that everyone knew, BTC. they'd have to do alot of marketing still.

I think it's a great idea and always a great campaign. For simply following them a tree gets planted in the ground, can't think of an easier way for me to plant a tree!
jajorforce

Activity: 399
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 06:05:04 PM

Bitcoin was invented to solve financial problem and did it. This idea is also different than rest of the plans. I'm not surprised that different plan, I'm surprised for huge support from people for this project. This support is goes to orphan and for our environment.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 06:42:28 PM

What do you think about a charity being connected to a coin?  Personally I think it's great as they are making an impact. There are very few coins / tokens that actually make a difference in the blockchain space, never mind in the world. On top of that, i've seen a lot of projects that are trying to improve the environment but have done nothing, Energi has planted 3,000 trees in one campaign, cleaning up beaches and helping orphans, I hope they continue to grow this part of their ecosystem.
Well i believe this environmental campaign of Energy coin will go a long way to promote the project as well. It's quite impressive though, at least the outside world would see some benefits of crypto startups. 3000 trees planted is a great achievement and i guess they deserve a big thumbs up.

Well my question is, do we have some statistics about this as all i see is people taking pictures on their instagram page. You know if we can see these plants actually being planted as well as their location, then we can give ourselves like a year or two and see the results.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
ableh

Activity: 498

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 09:06:36 PM

Hello everyone,

Recently I saw that Energi (A top 100 coin on CoinMarketCap) has a charity connected with them called Energi Impact.

Currently they are focused on environmental aspects and also social impacts. They seem to be consistently beach cleaning, helping orphanages in Indonesia and recently they started a new campaign.

For every new follower on their Instagram throughout the month of October, they will plant a tree and if you share a certain post talking about their campaign, they will plant another tree as well. Currently according to their recent post, they have planted over 3,000 trees. If you want to get involved in the project and have them plant a tree for you giving them a follow, you can visit their Instagram profile on the link below.

They also have a Facebook an Twitter if you want to follow to keep up to date with them, but the above campaign is only for Instagram.

Glad to hear this news, but it would be nice if not only based on followers or share only.
For example, the amount of tx made on the Energy Blockchain during October can be a benchmark of how much they should plant trees. What do you think?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
nanaimogold

Activity: 661

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 09:32:41 PM

I can't agree any less. The fact that they do all these honorably and transparently gives me joy for cryptocurrency and forms anew beacon of hope for enthusiasts and other cryptocurrency platforms as well as worthy of emulation. Another project which deserves our adulation is the stellar lumens foundation. From November, they will be placing all keybase subscribers on 100m usd release. Its awesome

thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 10:18:13 PM

Hello everyone,

Glad to hear this news, but it would be nice if not only based on followers or share only.
For example, the amount of tx made on the Energy Blockchain during October can be a benchmark of how much they should plant trees. What do you think?

I think that's a very cool idea, but i think they are trying right now to get the Energi Impact off the ground through what they are doing, rather than Energi itself. I'm guessing that Energi funds it and they are wanting to focus more of the impact the people at Energi Impact are doing, rather than solely on what NRG is doing.

Maybe it's something they should look at in the future, but right now i'm just happy that some crypto companies (Energi and Binance) are trying to actively improve the world we live in and it's come from crypto.
thatsnotmyname (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 07:58:00 AM

Well i believe this environmental campaign of Energy coin will go a long way to promote the project as well. It's quite impressive though, at least the outside world would see some benefits of crypto startups. 3000 trees planted is a great achievement and i guess they deserve a big thumbs up.

Well my question is, do we have some statistics about this as all i see is people taking pictures on their instagram page. You know if we can see these plants actually being planted as well as their location, then we can give ourselves like a year or two and see the results.

I'm sure they will create content around it, the team planting them, where they are planting them and updates. This is great content to boost the awareness of Energi Impact and Energi, so they would be foolish not to create great, legitimate content showing the hard work and the great things they are doing.
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 02:02:12 PM

In my opinion, energy makes a very good impact for the project. His projects alone without an ICO or IEO. they can develop the project very well.
They create very nice and rewarding ecosystems that make their token price high even though every earndrop they don't affect the price will drop a lot. Yes, I hope energy makes innovations in the future better yet.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM