Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:45:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to avoid fraudulent projects?  (Read 3035 times)
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 04:42:57 PM

snip---
I have always observed that many of them and even have high ratings but still support suspicious projects, especially participants (social media).
maybe this is one reason why many fraud projects are increasingly rampant, because someone always gives hope to them and makes someone trapped in it.

so what do you think?
I draw the conclusion above based on what I saw there.
members with high rank are no guarantee that they will definitely find and support profitable and promising projects. There are many factors that influence, it could be that the project initially looked promising, but over time it did not point to good progress and ended in a scam, no one could control it, who would want to support the scam project? there is no. It is out of control. So do not make member rank as a reference, they are only ordinary people.
Fraudsters will always try to take advantage of opportunities, deceive many people in various ways, especially new people who lack understanding of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
imutlinda

Activity: 926
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 04:55:45 PM

I also did the same thing to overcome the fake project made by the scammer, which is not promoting it again when it has been indicated by SCAM. The first person to stop this is the Bounty Manager handling the project. The Thread Bounty must be locked and provided that the Project is a Scam. For other members who know in advance the project is fake, you can create a thread in the forum that discusses the scam project so that it can be further examined by other members.

Plus one for this! But the problem is that the bounty manager himself is owed to the project itself. They are being paid for managing their projects. And for as long as the payment is coming in, many of the bounty managers will not respond to scam accusations, much less care to dig it up themselves knowing that once it is finally found to be really a scam, the payment will be gone. And it is very obvious that bounty managers right now are in bad need of projects that they even accept scam ones for as long as there is money.
Not all bounty managers like that, if it is already indicated SCAM thread must be locked immediately. Bounty Manager receives payment in advance, there are several 50% payment agreements at the beginning and will be repaid after the project is completed. If the Bounty Manager continues the Bounty indicated by SCAM, it will be given a Red Trush by the moderator, because it violates the forum rules.

yes you are right to be the manager of a bounty campaign must be more selective in analyzing the projects that he will hold and I'm sure they are not just looking for money but more to the existing beliefs. but as a good campaign participant you can not only trust the manager but you have your own research before joining the campaign
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 09:44:00 AM

Many bounty hunters are ready to promote any project if they are promised a good profit. People rarely began to research projects before starting to promote them.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:02:23 AM

I think there is still a way to overcome the problem of scamers in this crypto room (but I'm not saying to eliminate it completely). . This might not have a big effect but at least it can reduce some of the fraud projects that exist in this industry. . like avoiding and not promoting suspicious projects repeatedly. .
I have always observed that many of them and even have high ratings but still support suspicious projects, especially participants (social media).
maybe this is one reason why many fraud projects are increasingly rampant, because someone always gives hope to them and makes someone trapped in it.

so what do you think?
But for me the problem is how to find out or avoid a scam project because many people have chosen the project based on their observations and analysis that he usually does but still get a scam project. So in my opinion, we must be careful and make the activeness of the development team in the project a consideration.

In Bitcointalk many people are seriously observing about projects and that can be used as a preference because I am pretty sure they are independent and provide according to the facts. starting from a fake team and also a whitepaper whose copy here we can equally observe about many fraud projects
We can find the importance of the whitepaper in verifying the project whether it is fake or not. I often to read the whitepaper to know if I'm in the right path of investment. It is good if we have information about the team behind and also the project.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:04:50 AM

I also did the same thing to overcome the fake project made by the scammer, which is not promoting it again when it has been indicated by SCAM. The first person to stop this is the Bounty Manager handling the project. The Thread Bounty must be locked and provided that the Project is a Scam. For other members who know in advance the project is fake, you can create a thread in the forum that discusses the scam project so that it can be further examined by other members.

Plus one for this! But the problem is that the bounty manager himself is owed to the project itself. They are being paid for managing their projects. And for as long as the payment is coming in, many of the bounty managers will not respond to scam accusations, much less care to dig it up themselves knowing that once it is finally found to be really a scam, the payment will be gone. And it is very obvious that bounty managers right now are in bad need of projects that they even accept scam ones for as long as there is money.
Not all bounty managers like that, if it is already indicated SCAM thread must be locked immediately. Bounty Manager receives payment in advance, there are several 50% payment agreements at the beginning and will be repaid after the project is completed. If the Bounty Manager continues the Bounty indicated by SCAM, it will be given a Red Trush by the moderator, because it violates the forum rules.

yes you are right to be the manager of a bounty campaign must be more selective in analyzing the projects that he will hold and I'm sure they are not just looking for money but more to the existing beliefs. but as a good campaign participant you can not only trust the manager but you have your own research before joining the campaign
There are trusted manager in the campaign and they are managing campaign that are not scam. It is true that they are selective on what they are promoting for the manager to keep his reputation in a good condition.

Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:05:32 AM

I think there is still a way to overcome the problem of scamers in this crypto room (but I'm not saying to eliminate it completely). . This might not have a big effect but at least it can reduce some of the fraud projects that exist in this industry. . like avoiding and not promoting suspicious projects repeatedly. .

so what do you think?
Most bounty hunters who advertise or promotes a project doesn't really know that the project that they promote are scammed, so we should not put the blame on people who promotes the projects because they also didn't received any rewards from those projects. Honestly, it is also difficult to avoid fraudulent projects because even we check the whitepaper and team members they are still scam.
Aabcde

Activity: 1050
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:13:22 AM

Yes, it is true, fraud is very difficult to eliminate because every opportunity there is certainly there. To reduce the scope of these fraudsters, it's better, the bitcointalk admins select them in several administrative ways. This is to reveal who they are, for what purpose of creating a promotional thread here and others. Or if the fraudster does IEO, preventive action must also be taken by the exchange to the coin developer. This might reduce fraud and fake projects.

▄▄█████   ▄▄█████   ▄▄█████  ▄▀▄
    ███████▌  ███████▌  ███████▌  ▀▄▀
   ████████  ████████  ████████   ▐▌
  ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▄▄ █
  ████████  ████████  ████████ ██▐▌
 ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌ ▐███████▌▐█▀
 ████████  ████████  ████████
▐███████  ▐███████  ▐███████
█████▀▀   █████▀▀   █████▀▀
Metaspins 

▄▄█████▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄
 ▄▄███████  ████  █████
▐██▀▀██████████████████▌
 ██▄▄██  ██▀▀███████████
 ▐█████████▄▄████████  █▌
  ██  ███████████████████
  ▐███████████▀▀▀███████▀
   ▀█████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀
2,500+
GAMES

█████████████████████████████
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
███▀▀▀███ ███▀▀▀███ ████▄████
████▀▄███ ████▀▄███ █████████
████▄████ ████▄████ ███▀▀▀███
█████████ █████████ ████▀▄███
█████████ █████████ █████████
█████████████████████████████
EARN UP TO 57% RAKEBACK
WAGER FREE!
         ▄███▄▄▄
    ▄███████████████▄
    ██████████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████
    ███████████████████
    ███████████████████
   █
█████████████████
  ██
█████████████
 ███
█████████████████
████
█████████████
▀▀██
████████████████
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀███▀
1 Click Registration
Instant Payouts
[
]
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 10:17:17 AM

Many bounty hunters are ready to promote any project if they are promised a good profit. People rarely began to research projects before starting to promote them.
A lot of hunters have already scammed do a lot of research again to any ico right now. The problem is when you are seeing social media bounty and there was a lot of the bots that used to promote scam project.
it's not always about profit and even some scam projects that offered a few hundred dollars are getting promoted by the social media bot.
just curious about how to prevent that thing to happen.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 11:48:50 AM

so what do you think?

A high rating is not a guarantee that the project is good or not a scam. Every day new projects emerge and I think it is difficult to know whether the project is a scam or not because there is no authority to verify it. To prevent scams from happening, in my opinion until now the only thing that can be done is research or through the community conducting investigations about the project

Juliwantslove

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 01:49:34 PM

Importantly, do a thorough research on the project, 70% of projects out there are fraudulent... Now how possible to avoid joining them is to do your research. Even with the research, there are chances of still joining a fraud project, cos it can't be stopped or avoided. The best is still checking on it properly before going into the project. All the best.
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:00:23 PM

A high rating is not a guarantee that the project is good or not a scam. Every day new projects emerge and I think it is difficult to know whether the project is a scam or not because there is no authority to verify it. To prevent scams from happening, in my opinion until now the only thing that can be done is research or through the community conducting investigations about the project
then what if no one has investigated the project and you think the project is good? it's difficult to research the projects that we follow. Even some campaign managers who have big names and projects with big-name teams may not be successful. It all depends on the developer doing the right plan. how they do marketing and concepts that attract investors. I can not and do not know the best way to avoid project fraud. I only speculate based on what I know. if it's a scam it's my bad luck.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:21:23 PM

so what do you think?

Knowledge is always the ultimate weapon of human in any industry, in any situation and in any problem. Research is very important because a background check to the project itself, as well as to the dev team and the owners, can help a lot to determine whether or not the project is a scam or legit. There is no guarantee that the project will be successful tho. Even if it is not a scam, it can still fail and that is the risk that you have to take if you want to invest.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 02:57:47 PM

so what do you think?

Knowledge is always the ultimate weapon of human in any industry, in any situation and in any problem. Research is very important because a background check to the project itself, as well as to the dev team and the owners, can help a lot to determine whether or not the project is a scam or legit. There is no guarantee that the project will be successful tho. Even if it is not a scam, it can still fail and that is the risk that you have to take if you want to invest.

Yes, knowledge and always make time to do research as all project will make all the things they can do just for them to look beautiful in the eyes of investors,they will make a bounty which has high reward, make a lot of token bonuses, will hire promoters and chillers in the community for them to look that a lot of people interested to them.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:00:26 PM

The only way to avoid these fraud projects is to be vigilant as always and don't let yourself got carried away with profits. People that will most likely scam you are people will say that you can get big ROI in their project. The next thing is to research on the project. Look at what the project is like and try comparing it with another whitepaper. Or get some part of its whitepaper, then search on google. Most of these are enjoying lazy writing by that it's easy to spot.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 03:01:11 PM

so what do you think?
You're idea is good, but I don't think people that keeps on promoting fraudulent projects are doing it for free. People won't do anything for free especially if its as damaging as this, they won't just do it for free and waste theirntime over anything. They're probably earning out of it, and if they're earning out of it, I don't think we can stop them from doing it over again. What we can do niw is not being a victim of these projects because if there are no one to buy their schemes, no.matter what promotions they'll do, their projects won't earn.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:07:01 PM

It has become hard to find whether a project is legit or not because the fraud or scam ones also look like the original one as they have also become advanced.But still if you do proper research and have knowledge about the market you can have a idea that this project is good or not.They generally offers high return in short span without doing anything hard and take advantage of greed of people and commit frauds.So you can try to avoid them with your skills and level of knowledge.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:17:40 PM

so what do you think?

Unfortunately, there are bounty hunters that are still promoting fraudulent projects even though they already knew that it is a scam. It is sad to think that their income is the only motivator they know to do a task. Personally, I find it shallow because I firmly believe that if we want to have a good and dynamic industry, the reputation of the industry must be healthy in the means that the number of people being victimized by fraudulent projects will decrease. I am well aware that we can't fully eradicate those people but there is a way to reduce it by being a responsible bounty hunter.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
watergold

Activity: 1218
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:32:08 PM

The only way to avoid these fraud projects is to be vigilant as always and don't let yourself got carried away with profits. People that will most likely scam you are people will say that you can get big ROI in their project. The next thing is to research on the project. Look at what the project is like and try comparing it with another whitepaper. Or get some part of its whitepaper, then search on google. Most of these are enjoying lazy writing by that it's easy to spot.

I personally judge a project not from what is already running or the final stage because it always sees the development and work of the team, white paper that has a lot of copy also needs to be considered because if there are projects that copy or the same concept it could be a fraudulent project. And I always leave projects like that.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
1xBit.com BENEFIT SEASON
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
PLAY NOW
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
alexsandria

Activity: 896
Merit: 268

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:34:00 PM

so what do you think?

Leaving yourself uneducated is a biggest mistake that is why fraud projects seemed to make it easy out there deceiving. I personally cannot think of the possibility that could completely eradicate fraud projects other than self-educating and educating someone on how to trace those fraud projects. When new people or investors  keeps on coming with a lack of knowledge or background to such project was the main reason why is it impossible to eradicate those fraud projects.

cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:49:54 PM

In crypto platform number of fraudulent projects are enter into the project. But every investors are carefully read the OP post and join the best projects. Nowadays some peoples are face some fraudulent investment and they totally  disappoint the crypto projects also those are start newly this forum will help to understand the further process.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
█                         █