Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 03:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to avoid fraudulent projects?  (Read 3028 times)
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 04:55:05 AM

Right now there are a lot of scam ICOs and if you look closely you can really say that they are legit but eventually it becomes a scam too. So it's hard to find the real legit and not. Therefore, we need stronger support and regulations here that will help us prevent these scams. Like KYC for founders and members of ICO campaigns, or 50% of the bounty alocation is escow to the trusted manager here in our forum.

This is also suggestions in another thread,

Im not so sure KYC will solve anything. People need to stop being idiots. Just having a project isn't enough. That is entry-level. You need to rise above entry-level if you want to be something worthy of peoples time. It's not that difficult to tell a good project. Just follow good projects and ignore the rest. If you feel you have to figure out if a project is a scam then simply skip it. If the project has a working model then stick with it.

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:08:13 AM

Now, many companies already conduct IEOs and if you will participate in these IEOs and, most importantly, on the most top cryptocurrency exchanges, then you will not get into the scam companies, so you just need to forget about investing in companies that conduct ICOs and start investing only in IEOs on top exchanges.
foxincoin

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 12:23:05 PM

You can't avoid fraudulent projects, whatever you do, there are a new ways to scam you, we only do our best by research and investigate the project well.
sends1

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 12:36:16 PM

I agree with you. I think there are still many people who register the gift without doing research on the website of a project, whether the project is legit or scam. For me, I first look at the project website, and read the roadmap, the team, what features are there. but it is very difficult to avoid project scams
jets567

Activity: 1008
Merit: 511

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 12:38:09 PM

Greed is often the reason why so many people are deceived by those fake projects and sometimes people are too lazy to conduct a proper research before investing. If all people just learn to distinguish the legit and fraud projects then we might kick-out those scammers on this space because they won't get any penny and will lose their interest.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 01:30:39 PM

The only possible way of keeping yourself from fraudulent projects is research and reading more about the project and how feasible the project is in relation to its set aims and visions. Usually, fraudulent projects have unrealistic ideas and do not really have a specific purpose in the crypto ecosystem. If you are lazy to do research and read, you are likely to invest in fraudulent projects without realizing it...
GGmith

Activity: 394

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 01:35:47 PM

in theory to ensure the entire contents of the project and also how the developer experience in managing the project before, if they have a positive reputation, responsible, maybe the project they manage is worthy of follow. and I don't think there is a right way to avoid fraudulent projects because most projects look real.
The3max

Activity: 317
Merit: 100

https://leasehold.io/

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 01:47:43 PM

For me, to identify fraudulent or unreliable projects. First I check the website and the security of the host and the domail. Next, I will examine the team, the project creator and its members. And finally the target, whitepaper, ... If it's a fraud project, there will be many plagiarism areas from other projects.

Bitlover10

Activity: 293
Merit: 105

Love is all

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 02:04:39 PM

I would like to suggest you to visit this thread where you can find information about how you can avoid fake projects https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2970157.msg30515162#msg30515162

Crypto world need more research because new people easily can get scammed. So it's good to research before investing any single penny and never trust unknown people who offer you investing for good return.

Join my teligram channel https://t.me/Cryptoblas
Bananington

Activity: 1428
Merit: 344

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 02:31:57 PM

If your an investor don't gamble your money over ICO's it is better to choose from top 50 cryptocurrencies (except stablecoins) in coinmarketcap but of course this is not a financial advise. But if your asking as a bounty hunter you can't avoid promoting scams because some of them are too good to be true and sometimes hard to detect.  
Investing in top 50 coins on coinmarket has lesser risk comparatively, but knowing which coin to invest in order to make fair profit is challenging. Personally, I like taking calculated risk and will prefer to get in a very good IEO on reputable exchanges or buy a coin with really great project and low market capitalization  after doing my research, but I usually do not invest what I can't afford to lose.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 02:03:54 AM

Fraudulent project is the enemy of all peoples in cryptocurrency such as investors, traders, hunters, etc.
To avoid such project, we need to take some time before take a part. Both investor and supporter of the project must do some series of research, there is no other way. If we lacking time to observe the project, we may lost our money later.

k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:28:35 AM

For me, to identify fraudulent or unreliable projects. First I check the website and the security of the host and the domail. Next, I will examine the team, the project creator and its members. And finally the target, whitepaper, ... If it's a fraud project, there will be many plagiarism areas from other projects.
Even website can be deceiving too. They can easily purchase the domain and ssl , I am looking for the teams' credential if it is true or not, also looking for their permit in the bussiness so that I will have a peaceful mind investing on them.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 03:40:33 AM

The best way to identify scam/fake projects or projects which are very unlikely to become successful is through the extensive performance of research on that project. Here, the investor must look thoroughly into the team in order to know the expertise of the team members. Also, it is good to know the idea of the project, does it have a use case? Is the product capable of attracting investors?

bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:53:58 AM

If youre an investor then just invest only on legit projects such as IEO especially on Binance launchpad, and other major exchanges. I think that would only give you assurance of not being scam actually. If youre a hunter, avoid promoting those project with lots of talks and only focusing about sales. Normally ICO project releases campaign and some of them are just purely hoax. Ask for product or working platform, if they say none or to be release, ask for details such as date if not yet then they stalling their time for nothing.
angrybirdy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 09:31:21 AM

The best way to identify scam/fake projects or projects which are very unlikely to become successful is through the extensive performance of research on that project. Here, the investor must look thoroughly into the team in order to know the expertise of the team members. Also, it is good to know the idea of the project, does it have a use case? Is the product capable of attracting investors?
Investment must be done with a lot of research from all the data in the project. the more extensive the research carried out, the better the project's advantages and drawbacks will be, and therefore the data collection when conducting research must be maximally carried out
It should be taken seriously, and it shouldn't be taken so easily. Decisions to be made when it comes to investing should not be made in a rush. It should be done with care and thorough investigation to avoid unpleasant things to happen.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 09:35:12 AM

You can't avoid fraudulent projects, whatever you do, there are a new ways to scam you, we only do our best by research and investigate the project well.
I have been deceived but i have never get scammed or fall for phishing schemes before in crypto space because i used to invest in HYIP investment plans so i have good and bad experience out online investments so its most likely the same with crypto, better research can reveal bad projects to you

BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 12:28:49 AM

I have been deceived but i have never get scammed or fall for phishing schemes before in crypto space because i used to invest in HYIP investment plans so i have good and bad experience out online investments so its most likely the same with crypto, better research can reveal bad projects to you
It is good you have never experienced phisphing or scamming in the crypto space before because it can lead to frustrations. What are some of the things you look out for during your research into the project in order to identify the originality and prospects of the project? Perhaps, this could provide great lessons to investors here.

DeathProxy

Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 10:33:40 PM

I don't think its possible to completely eradicate scam projects totally, but it can be reduced to a minimum amount.  One of the way we can achieve thisbia by making adequate research before investing or supporting or promoting any project.  Check the necessary details and make sure all checks out before proceeding,  don't be to quick to invest or promote crypto project without proper investigation and research

flagpara

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 11:59:32 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2019, 11:16:17 PM by flagpara

I think there is still a way to overcome the problem of scamers in this crypto room (but I'm not saying to eliminate it completely). . This might not have a big effect but at least it can reduce some of the fraud projects that exist in this industry. . like avoiding and not promoting suspicious projects repeatedly. .
I have always observed that many of them and even have high ratings but still support suspicious projects, especially participants (social media).
maybe this is one reason why many fraud projects are increasingly rampant, because someone always gives hope to them and makes someone trapped in it.

so what do you think?
I draw the conclusion above based on what I saw there.
Why would you believe in someone's hope, when you can make your own research. Instantly you can't avoid all fraud projects. You can reject fraud projects by researching project types, legit CEO and development team. I don't follow any rating about project after check this success project "CHT".

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 12:03:25 AM

how can one avoid the promotion of crypto projects? especially the promoter. I think a little difficult.
1. Most promoters are bounty hunters. which is their goal to participate in marketing.
2. the promoted project has a large allocation (although currently it is fake)
3. have a good start, for example a large project partner (even if it's just writing)
4. lack of understanding of the promoted project. (basically get a high reward, regardless of the project)
that is the reason scam projects are widespread in crypto, even controlling more than 70% in the ICO section.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: