Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to avoid fraudulent projects?  (Read 3028 times)
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 02:00:48 AM

The best way to avoid fraudulent projects is to always apply your common sense and be less greedy. Most times we enter into fraudulent opportunities because we want to rip where was not sown. The Cryptocurrency industry is obviously very risky and most opportunity which seems to be very laudable are probably scam.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2020, 02:52:50 AM

I think some can be avoid by doing some research and if see incomplete info or fake team then who see it should open a scam accusation here on forum so much many people to know about and avoid it, but some are hard to be find as fraudulent on first phase and investors might lose a lot of money.
thisnewcoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Convert Crypto at BestChange

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 03:17:50 AM

That's why sometimes I feel the Bitcointalk forum should come with a rule for lunching bounties. If the forum asks a certain amount for launching bounties then scam shit project won't get the place for free promoting. Most of the newbie people do social bounties, so, they never research hard! That's why any kind of shit project gets free promoting just by lunching a bounty thread! I agree with you that people should stop doing shit bounties, but newbie bounty hunters don't care about these things.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 03:27:29 AM

That's why sometimes I feel the Bitcointalk forum should come with a rule for lunching bounties. If the forum asks a certain amount for launching bounties then scam shit project won't get the place for free promoting. Most of the newbie people do social bounties, so, they never research hard! That's why any kind of shit project gets free promoting just by lunching a bounty thread! I agree with you that people should stop doing shit bounties, but newbie bounty hunters don't care about these things.

This has been demanded from this forum before but it is highly unlikely that the administrator would agree with this. Besides, this forum is not the only place where crypto projects could freely promote their shit projects. They can promote them anywhere, on social media sites, on crypto online magazines, etc.

It is good though that there are also some scam detectors in this forum trying to uncover some projects faking as legit.
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 11:36:57 AM

You can't avoid fraudulent projects forever unless you stop investing in new projects, even few old projects turned scam, we invest based on how good or promising a project look but sometimes even very good projects can scam you

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RussiaUkraineTranslation

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 12:04:48 PM

You can avoid scams by investing in exchange tokens like ecxx and bnb or only buy IEO coins vetted by exchanges you trust.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 12:21:28 PM

Yeah you are right. A "high rating people" who supports the project does not make the project automatically legit. There are always a chance of the project failing or scamming. After all your "high rating" people does not actually care who gets scammed or not. Remember, those people are paid to advertise for them. There are also few well known people out there who makes legit reviews.
The best way to avoid fraudulent project is to avoid every shitty projects out there that are not being developed by some well known team.
There are many ways to find out if the project is scam or not. One of the ways is by reading their whitepaper, you can see all the information about the project in the whitepaper. You can also is see in there if something is fishy or not. Reviewing the team behind the project is also a way to know if it id legit or a scam. Research about the developer and it may help you to avoid fraud projects.
Reading their whitepaper will not help you to identify if a project is a scam or not, IMO. They created the whitepaper so they already make sure that everything there is good to read by the potential investors so all of the flowery words are there. The best thing that you can do is to do research about the project and also evaluate if their project is useful and if its members are knowledgeable enough to be involved in that project.
Indeed, besides whitepaper can be plagiarized so you can't use it as a basis if a project is legit that is why having your own research is always advised and recommended because in that way you can see different information regarding that specific project. It will serve as your guide to make the right decision since you can't easily assure if that project is unlike any other projects. As an investor you will do your responsibility to protect and secure your funds from scammers because we can't change the fact that scammers will always look for some opportunity to deceive us. In researching, you can easily identify if it's legit and profitable. It will not be easy to get rid of them particularly these days that scammers are getting wiser and it should be the reason why we need to be cautious when making decision or any actions. Also, we have to change our mindsets regarding earning profit easily and less hassle because it will never be easy since earning is a result of hard work and patience,we have to analyze the possible things that may happen because it is one thing to consider before investing. Understand and learn from other people's mistakes because it can have a huge impact on our decision making. Be responsible and accept everything because sometimes we are also the reason why we are ending up falling into the scammers tricks, after that we keep blaming everything and everyone even if we are the reason why it happened. We have to accept that mistake and experience, we have to suffer the consequences of our action because it's true that people never learn until they have experienced it. Don't let them deceive you by their words and promises because some of you can be easily derived by it, they will surely take advantage of you.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
biddicoin

Activity: 1077
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:21:28 PM

Nope, this is not an IPO which should fill Terms and Conditions. This is crypto which is decentralized, free, open source
you can make your own coin, project, if you want. that's why we should be smart here

There are many scammer around us. dont too believe with any project (especially new)
keep doing hard research to avoid lose, invest only you can afford, dont invest in one basket, are basic tips for us.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:29:08 PM

The best way to avoid fraudulent projects is to never invest in any new projects right now. I have seen hundreds of ICO and IEO projects in 2018 and 2019, but to be honest, so far most of those projects have died and prices have dropped hundreds of times over ICO prices. Invest in top projects in this market and invest in bitcoin, which is the best and right choice.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:46:19 PM

I do it by doing due diligence on the core team of them like CEO, for example, and the rest doing due diligence also on the clarity of the project they run is rational? or just bullshit, especially if the project is very promising profit when in fact it should not be suspected.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:55:36 PM

There's no avoiding except there's an intervention. Most projects look real at the onset with time it turns out to be a scam the space is scary.

Disagree with you, no project in this space that  came into the space with the intention to build a good cryptocurrency and later turned to be a scam, as you have said. Most of these projects have scam hidden under the project for you not to disclose, but, with a proper search or research into the project can actually reveal the true position of the project. Making the project look real when not means that; you as an investor did a shallow research into the project.

Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 02:35:10 PM

I think there is still a way to overcome the problem of scamers in this crypto room (but I'm not saying to eliminate it completely). . This might not have a big effect but at least it can reduce some of the fraud projects that exist in this industry. . like avoiding and not promoting suspicious projects repeatedly. .
I have always observed that many of them and even have high ratings but still support suspicious projects, especially participants (social media).
maybe this is one reason why many fraud projects are increasingly rampant, because someone always gives hope to them and makes someone trapped in it.

so what do you think?
I draw the conclusion above based on what I saw there.
If there was a simple way in which we could stop scammers then those measures should have been taken already, look the only responsibility that we have is to try to warn others when they express their desire to invest in a scam, if they decide to not listen and invest anyway then that is their choice just remind them the next time they begin to say bad things about the market that you did in fact warned them and they were the ones that decided to not listen.
Change always starts from us and it can't be done without any initiation. Because it's us who can keep this fraudulent projects alive and the ones who can also dig the pit of its grave. As long as we all don't patronize and show support to any of those, then there won't be any progress and profit for it to continue theur project. Warning others and warning ourselves are the only possible tool that all of us can use bevause completely getting rid of it is impossible for they just won't let it happen.

restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 03:48:09 PM

if indeed it can be done by the forum team/moderator it will be very helpful for everyone, but if that happens it will make everyone more lazy in reading and doing research on a project

bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 04:08:21 PM

I think there is still a way to overcome the problem of scamers in this crypto room (but I'm not saying to eliminate it completely). . This might not have a big effect but at least it can reduce some of the fraud projects that exist in this industry. . like avoiding and not promoting suspicious projects repeatedly. .
I have always observed that many of them and even have high ratings but still support suspicious projects, especially participants (social media).
maybe this is one reason why many fraud projects are increasingly rampant, because someone always gives hope to them and makes someone trapped in it.

so what do you think?
I have different thoughts. In investing sometimes we encounter fraudulent projects. So before you make money, learn how to keep money, learn how not to lose money to make money. Pay attention to your capital investment wisely. Learn carefully about projects that need investment to avoid fraud. Believe in your knowledge, not in anyone. Most people lose money because of gullibility and not knowing anything about investment projects.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 08:01:46 AM

I dont think there is really a specific way to avoid fraudulent projects, unless you just dont participate in anything at all. There have been long lists of tips but still there are new ways to scam people.
memed97

Activity: 1148
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 08:19:43 AM

I dont think there is really a specific way to avoid fraudulent projects, unless you just dont participate in anything at all. There have been long lists of tips but still there are new ways to scam people.
True, it is indeed very difficult to eradicate fraudsters, because they also have ways and tips in deceiving everyone, even though we also have lots of tips to avoid them from being fooled.
devillnj2.1

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 08:23:51 AM

its really hard to tell if the project is fraudulent or not, i agree that most of the time people were given false hope and provided investors potential high profit program, we cant stop them but we need to be very careful when investing in new launch project by checking every details and people behind it.

StepChain │ A Responsible Fitness App
Jamalkm74

Activity: 58

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 09:37:52 AM

Avoid scam project is really difficult but all scam project definition is same, scammer always apply new ways to scamming people, and some scammer are success. I think you need to check roadmap and white pepper and team member.       

▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE
gedarchitect

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 08:19:55 PM

Avoiding fraudulent project is a better way to keep funds. The best way to avoid such projects is to cut off greediness. Greediness is a very bad apect which has caused many investors to get scammed. The cryptocurrency sphere is full of risk so therefore one need to open his or her eyes to see what exactly the kind of project one is venturing into. One need to rerally check if the project has good team and good products.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:46:13 AM

so what do you think?
If there was a simple way in which we could stop scammers then those measures should have been taken already, look the only responsibility that we have is to try to warn others when they express their desire to invest in a scam, if they decide to not listen and invest anyway then that is their choice just remind them the next time they begin to say bad things about the market that you did in fact warned them and they were the ones that decided to not listen.
Change always starts from us and it can't be done without any initiation. Because it's us who can keep this fraudulent projects alive and the ones who can also dig the pit of its grave. As long as we all don't patronize and show support to any of those, then there won't be any progress and profit for it to continue theur project. Warning others and warning ourselves are the only possible tool that all of us can use bevause completely getting rid of it is impossible for they just won't let it happen.
Like everyone here I would like for fraudulent projects to disappear but that is not up to me to decide so the only thing I can do is avoid those projects and warn other persons about it, but it can be a very frustrating activity as you see newbies asking for advice and when you give it to them they do not want to listen and when they eventually get scammed you try to encourage them to not make those mistakes again and they begin to make accusations against the market when it was them the ones that refused to listen and invested in a scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: