Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with Ethereum?  (Read 838 times)
Wysi (OP)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:17:00 PM

The market is dull but most of us expected ETH to outperform like it did in first quarter of 2018 post bull run when every crypto coin were going down and even the value of bitcoin was dumped but ETH was steady for a while and not sure why ETH is under hibernation mode nowadays. What might be the reason we don't see much movement in the price of ETH? I know all the altcoins are down but ETH is not same as them but I am unable to figure out the reason why ETH is struck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:24:29 PM

Everything is stuck right now, even really good coins like Eth.  There must have been a massive outflux of money from the entire crypto market, especially if btc dropped $600 in a matter of hours.  Somebody with a lot of coins is selling, and coins like Eth are just collateral damage.

I have been saying that now is a great time to buy and I still think that.  The market may not necessarily have hit its bottom, but I'm confident it will get back on its feet within a few months.  Weak hands get shaken out and this paves the way for the next bull market.  If you're not buying coins like btc and Eth, at least don't sell them now.  You'll be missing out on a lot of profit.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 03:26:03 PM

Ethereum is sleeping rock and it will blow, I am sure. But it will happens when almost everybody will think that Ethereum die. I think that price can fall even more.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 03:54:06 PM

There is nothing wrong with Ethereum. It's the entire crypto market that is under big dump. BTC's dominace took the whole market with it when it crushed. Also, most people are not investing into Ethereum as of back then, these days everybody is investing into Bitcoin hence its rising dominance over the entire crypto market.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
confreslamp
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:01:32 PM

Buterin and his team are not posting updates or any network improvements, thats why ETH is falling. Besides, I do not believe that ETH 2.0 will get released and fix every ETH problem and will force the price to raise.

Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:11:12 PM

The market is dull but most of us expected ETH to outperform like it did in first quarter of 2018 post bull run when every crypto coin were going down and even the value of bitcoin was dumped but ETH was steady for a while and not sure why ETH is under hibernation mode nowadays. What might be the reason we don't see much movement in the price of ETH? I know all the altcoins are down but ETH is not same as them but I am unable to figure out the reason why ETH is struck.
it will not gonna happen this is the result of loosing trust to ETH more people afraid of investing in it anymore since its lost 900% from ATH which to much from normal down trend of acoin.

The reason why, because   of too many project using thier platfrom and mostly use it to make scam/fraud project .
If this things will continue it will be the end of ETH.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:20:35 PM

It looks like the prediction of one guy who said that Bitcoin will rise to $16k this month is unlikely going to happen. He made a couple of predictions on Reddit and he was right. But this time, I think this is going to be a miss.

In the history of the crypto market, it's likely going to rise in November, but I would not count on that though. Like what happened last year. From $20k down to $3k, which was a major blow to all of the crypto enthusiasts here.

We cannot predict what's happening in the crypto space anymore. If November's rally would repeat itself, that would be great. But I would really count on next year's halving though, that would also affect Ethereum and the others.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:30:04 PM

I am pretty sure that the current ethereum price is only following the developments in bitcoin prices. remember? when bitcoin goes down, almost the entire price of altcoin will go down, and that's happening right now. actually, in the price of bitcoin, ethereum currently still has a price that is not much different from the previous price, which is 0.021 bitcoin, I think it's not much different.

but, in the development of its price, to date, ethereum has not managed to reach the price of 0.025 btc for 1 eth or more. I am still waiting for that increase, and I am sure it will happen.
Katashi

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:33:51 PM

Everything is stuck right now, even really good coins like Eth.  There must have been a massive outflux of money from the entire crypto market, especially if btc dropped $600 in a matter of hours.  Somebody with a lot of coins is selling, and coins like Eth are just collateral damage.

I have been saying that now is a great time to buy and I still think that.  The market may not necessarily have hit its bottom, but I'm confident it will get back on its feet within a few months.  Weak hands get shaken out and this paves the way for the next bull market.  If you're not buying coins like btc and Eth, at least don't sell them now.  You'll be missing out on a lot of profit.

Saying that ETH are just collateral damage is a good point due to the sudden collapse of bitcoin price, this is not new in crypto market and instead of feeling down why not take this opportunity to acquire more ETH while its cheap. I miss the chance to buy ETH last December 2018 when it dropped to $80 which I regret but it won't happen again especially that ethereum has a big development to come.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 04:46:30 PM

Bitcoin sets the trend and the altcoins follow.... that's how it has been for years now and nothing indicates that something is going to change here, so better keep an eye on Bitcoin's chart before investing in an altcoin.

It doesn't really matter whether an altcoin has a lot of utility or none at all.... what people care about is flipping coins for a profit where they hop from coin to coin based on where the money is to make. Everything is greed driven here.

If we however look at this decline positively, it could offer a lower entry point for you to lower your overall buying price in case you bought in higher. It will help you turn a profit much faster.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 05:45:29 PM

Buterin and his team are not posting updates or any network improvements, thats why ETH is falling. Besides, I do not believe that ETH 2.0 will get released and fix every ETH problem and will force the price to raise.
Even if ETH 2.0 will get released during this time to fix every problem i think it won't affect the price to raise up again once the bitcoin is dropping. Taking a look at the market now seems almost coins were bleeding and yet we can not assure when it stop.
cp_underground

Activity: 191
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 05:55:45 PM

Ethereum still stable in the market from now even the price of bitcoin is going up and down dramatically.

Even if ETH 2.0 will get released during this time to fix every problem i think it won't affect the price to raise up again once the bitcoin is dropping. Taking a look at the market now seems almost coins were bleeding and yet we can not assure when it stop.
no i think Ethereum update in the next year when Ethereum 2.0 launch in the network can make Ethereum price pumped and whales are back to ethereum

Wysi (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 06:16:20 PM

Ethereum still stable in the market from now even the price of bitcoin is going up and down dramatically.

no i think Ethereum update in the next year when Ethereum 2.0 launch in the network can make Ethereum price pumped and whales are back to ethereum

But whales will enter the market there will be pump for sure but they are already in the market it's just that they are waiting for the right time to invest and it's honestly a business tactics for them to cash out at high value and we the mid-level investors are at the receiving end during every dump so we need to play smart this time. I really hope ETH recovers but as far as last few weeks it's not going in a favorable condition.

kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 06:21:09 PM

Whenever there is an update there is always an Ethereum price increase, ETH 2.0 will be released. Certainly many are waiting for him, for now it continues to decline due to unstable market conditions that continue to fluctuate. If the right time ETH will recover.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 06:22:28 PM

when a bad trend like this is very strong then i think all the coins will have the same effect, whether it's how strong the ether coins are or the other and that doesn't guarantee the price to remain stable when the bearish market is very strong and greatly affects the price of all the existing coins. so it is no wonder why ether was not even able to maintain its value because so far we have only witnessed them continue to deteriorate

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
edmundduke
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 06:30:19 PM

Nothing will happen in the ETH front till the side branches for scaling are fully functional (should that ever happen) because the initial hype has passed). People are starting to slowly realize that the high price of ETH is actually a bad thing when considering why the chain was developed and marketed as. Cheering for a high price is like being happy at a bank for being able to pay higher fees.
btcdie

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 06:43:12 PM

I think because the ethereum usage factor is decreasing, different from the past, where ICO was based on ETH, so many ETH requests at that time. but I don't know yet for today, where ETH dropped significantly, but not only did ETH drop this time, but bitcoin also decreased significantly
logical answer, friend. I agree with your opinion. ethereum usage is declining for now, where ICO was based on ethereum, unfortunately there are currently many ICO scams on an ETH basis, doubting many investors. and at this time many ETH competitors such as TRON and so on. but I'm sure ethereum (the king of altcoin) will have an explosion later, the proof is that at this time ethereum is still fluctuating with bitcoin.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 07:06:07 PM

The recent sharp dip has even made things uglier for eth, if we do not see strong bounce back within a day or two i think eth can dip below more which will not be good for long term supporters but lets stay positive and hope for the bounce.

Gotumoot

Activity: 1372

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 07:09:12 PM

I think one of the big impacts of ethereum pricing is that ICOs have used their platform to scam people. The impact was so high that ethereum prices fell, Because no one invested in the ICO for fear they would be scammed again. And I think Butirin needs to resolve this to regain investor confidence or create new developments that will help crypto users.
o48o
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1130

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 07:31:30 PM

Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean the next rise will be identical to start of the last bullrun related to btc action. To me the reason is obvious. People need more time this time. You have to remember that were are lot's of new people pumping the markets on the top and now they need more convincing that they won't go absolutely rekt by investing this time.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄