Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 11:00:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do people still create new ERC20 tokens/projects nowadays?  (Read 919 times)
llecrf

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 10:02:56 PM

no, I observed since last month until now, erc20 tokens or new projects have been quiet. and I think people are starting to stop making new tokens or projects, at least until the end of the year. they are also definitely waiting for next year and how the market will run in 2020. if the altcoin market returns and the graphics are always green, I am very sure that many new projects will emerge.
There are still new projects that use the erc 20 token standard, we can see it in the ANN forum thread and I think this token will always be used for developers who want to start their new project, before having to do the mainnet and have a blockchain of altcoin they have made.

☏ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ Telefy ☏ ▌☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ 
█ ⚔ ▌WORLDS FIRST CREDIT SCORE ORIENTED MULTI CHAIN DEFI SOLUTION ▌⚔ █
telefy.finance
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 12:39:07 AM

Quite wrong question I guess. Much better do people used erc20 token on platform? Many people creating tokens using eth smart contract and sadly some of these people dont even used it for a use case application but a token that could be used on illegal scamming activity. Sound's bad but its the truth, they just using the word erc20 token to attract investors and do an exit scam.

Out of 100 project, maybe less than 10 are really sincere on deploying a usage for this kind of token.

Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 04:54:47 AM

I was wondering if ERC20 tokens are still useful today and if people still create projects around them? I know the ICO 'feast' is kind of over and that was the main purpose people were launching these tokens for.

Greetings to the community,

Liviu
Almost all new projects still runs on erc20 smart contract but the problem is scammers use the smart contract the most nowadays, that is why many believe or called erc20 scam blockchain

shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 05:06:04 AM

- snip - 
Almost all new projects still runs on erc20 smart contract but the problem is scammers use the smart contract the most nowadays, that is why many believe or called erc20 scam blockchain

not now mate . most new projects right now are have been made under eos and tron but eth projects were now slowly declining maybe because of the ico controversy and add in the state of eth and other cryptos such as altcoins that are also going down   . sure many scamers are using erc20 coins like on ico for example but this does not mean that its the erc20's fault or the eth fault on why they got scammed  and no one also blame those platforms  but they only blame the project that scammed them  .
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 05:10:26 AM

I was wondering if ERC20 tokens are still useful today and if people still create projects around them? I know the ICO 'feast' is kind of over and that was the main purpose people were launching these tokens for.

Liviu
Scammers can't do without creating tokens because its the most easiest way and very cheap as well, ERC20 is a victim to scammers because of its easiness and good target for ICO or IEO developers, do research on new projects you will see that 99% of them runs on erc20

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
aioc

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 05:24:37 AM

Liviu

ERC 20 is not only for those who want to launch their ICO, but there are also private individuals and companies who create their token for their own use, they are not marketing the tokens they created because these are within their company circle or have a specific purpose, I don't see ERC 20 becoming useless. 

angrybirdy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2019, 05:29:30 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2019, 06:13:48 AM by angrybirdy

- snip -  

not now mate . most new projects right now are have been made under eos and tron but eth projects were now slowly declining maybe because of the ico controversy and add in the state of eth and other cryptos such as altcoins that are also going down   . sure many scamers are using erc20 coins like on ico for example but this does not mean that its the erc20's fault or the eth fault on why they got scammed  and no one also blame those platforms  but they only blame the project that scammed them  .
yes, due to the massive number of scam projects created during these past few years, the effect of it to erc20 smart contract is really huge. The creation of tokens using this contract suddenly declines because of the said reason.
Indeed, it is not their fault since smart contract is just being used as their core, but they somehow created a mistake since they don't secure their possible users once the token creation was done. They should take an action plan for this because it affects not only their platform but each and every one of us.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ozero

Activity: 2072
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 05:49:20 AM

New ICO projects with the ERC-20 token standard are still appearing and I think this is not so bad, despite the still high level of fraud among them. I associate the current dull state in this type of activity with the current state of the cryptocurrency market, rather than with other reasons. Of course, such a high level of fraud has significantly reduced the credibility of new ICO projects, but it is unlikely that they will disappear because of this. And states should soon begin to regulate it, so the ICO as a whole should get a new life.

sayaya17

Activity: 1638
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 05:56:43 AM

I think there are still many who use this ERC20 token, of course bounty hunters still use it, because there are still unsold coins and some of them still keep them in ERC20, as well as me, I still keep some tokens and coins in ERC20. Also for the IEO project there are still some of those who request the ERC20 wallet as a valid wallet for the participant's wallet address if participating in the project.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 06:06:46 AM

Erc20 is the perfect tool for scammers, its very easy to use by any body even if they are not good at it, this is why i have projects running on erc20 smart contracts, almost all of them are shitcoins

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 07:08:07 AM

Liviu
ETH erc20 is the most used in crypto space today, every single projects popping up since january of this year are mostly running on smart contract but beware scammers are very fond of ETH blockchain because of its simplicity

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 07:25:35 AM

Tokens are constantly being created on the Ethereum network to support all kinds of uses like IEOs, STOs, dApps and Airdrops etc. and you can also very easily make one yourself for fun if not for a project and this network has major upgrades coming this month and continuing next year so it should be a worthwhile asset invest into

cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 08:41:38 AM

It is the cheapest way to create a crypto currency. I saw few gigs on Fiverr, people are offering ERC-20 token creation for several bucks. So to create a fake ICO is getting more and more cheap. And unfortunately, there is really nothing to do about it.

shodik007

Activity: 896
Merit: 305

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 09:42:57 AM

Liviu
1 month is more than since you asked and maybe you have seen for yourself how about erc20. yes it's still useful even though ico has begun to slow down and in my opinion it will still be useful not only for ico but also ieo, and of course other crowdfunding that we don't know about yet

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 12:13:07 PM

Liviu

Maybe more than 80% of tokens on the market still use ERC20. Many new projects still use ERC20 because of the ease of making it and I think whether it is in the form of a coin or token ERC20, the most important thing is that the project is good and must have products that can be applied in the real world
Marble777

Activity: 736
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:35:50 PM

I think the erc20 platform is still useful, in fact there are still many companies developing their own coins through the ethereum platform, and you can see on ANN's thread there are still many ico projects popping up every day. but the problem is that most developers are not responsible or abuse the erc20 platform for fraud.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:45:03 PM

Scammers can't do without erc20 tokens Grin they are easy to built and it cost nothing to build an ICO website this days, i can't say ETH is bad for this, its just that bad people are using it for their selfish gains
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:51:28 PM

Scammers can't do without erc20 tokens Grin they are easy to built and it cost nothing to build an ICO website this days, i can't say ETH is bad for this, its just that bad people are using it for their selfish gains
Well it was all the truth but we still cannot say erc20 tokens are a bad token also. Some of the legit one are still using erc20 tokens as it easy to make. Scammer this day know how to manipulate any person that has low knowledge about cryptos and it was not erc20 tokens that has scam the investors btw. It was their greed that scam they btw.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
istiak2277

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 02:38:49 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2019, 03:12:44 PM by istiak2277

Ethereum Blockchain is slow and old compare to other blockchain technology out their.But it is much cheaper to create a ERC 20 token and scammer take that as their chance.They create ERC 20 token and promote their scam project.May be this is one of the reason it is still very popular in the crypto world.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    CHECK OUT KUWA    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 09:13:23 PM

Liviu

I see that most ICO and IEO projects still use the Ethereum platform to create ERC20 tokens. But now there is using ERC-721. But I do not understand what are the advantages of the ERC-721 token. Perhaps the crypto master is better able to explain this.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: