Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't let Margin Trading make you poor!  (Read 455 times)
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 05:44:26 PM

Margin trading is a sweet bitter ending story. For every newbie or non professional trader, margin trading should be far from you. We see the huge gain and we forget the risks involved even after a loss we still embark on it in hopes to close a successful trade and make up for our loses. Margin trading is not what it sounds to be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaconk

Activity: 1083
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 05:54:40 PM

trading without margin have a risk, especially trading with margin, its really high risk. the crypto market is really volatile. only experienced and the "gambler" will be brave in margin trading especially with 125x laverage.  Grin
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 05:56:33 PM

So Binance introduced margin trading up to x125!
Being able to trade with that much leverage is dangerous for people.  I do think it should be allowed, because I believe in freedom of personal choice, but I don't think most traders are aware of how risky it is.  Especially when trading cryptocurrencies, which have got to be even more volatile than penny stocks.  It's so easy to either get a margin call or have your position wiped out if the market turns against you, and you could lose everything in the blink of an eye.

But most people I know who are into trading are gamblers at heart, and the potential to make outsized profits is also immense.  I'm sure lots of them have gotten rich trading on margin, but I'm also fairly sure that some of them have ended up in the poor house as a result.
shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:17:04 PM

everyone acts in relation to their readiness. if a beginner wants to trade with a leverage of 125, then this is his decision. most likely he will lose everything, but we cannot think for other people

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
m0Ray

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 05:39:22 AM

You are not forced to trade with margin leverage x125. This is possible but this does not mean that it is profitable. Every trader should understand their risks and I have not seen a single person who would trade with such a huge margin. If you decide to take a risk then you can go to Las Vegas and spend your credit beautifully.
erickastella

Activity: 826
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 06:01:01 AM

in my opinion margin trading in binance is the process of earning money faster but with a very large risk, it is very dangerous for novice traders with minimal assets, the program is suitable for those who are experienced in the field of trading and margin.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 06:45:28 AM

It is a very dangerous instrument, but Binance know what they are doing. They want to collect the most possible money from hamsters and there are enough people that think today is my lucky day and I will go all in for x125.

Of course they do know what they are doing! So many traders come and play margin thinking they understand the rules but they do not and they get margin call,,, bust and realize they did not do the math. To sell a product that people do not understand,,, in some countries this is highly illegal and they can get convicted by consumer bureaus.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:02:51 AM

in my opinion margin trading in binance is the process of earning money faster but with a very large risk, it is very dangerous for novice traders with minimal assets, the program is suitable for those who are experienced in the field of trading and margin.

Margin trading has worked in my favor as well if we are ready to take risk and there is no better platform than binancendor doing this as even I have been doing this for a while and results have been good but we need to be involves in it on real time basis.

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:12:34 AM

If I'm being honest, margin trading when you don't know what the hell you're doing is probably the worst decision that you can make. More so than investing in alts blindly.

Your losses are simply magnified proportional to your leverage, which makes your trades inherently more risky. Your mindset of holding existing positions also completely change, meaning that you are now more likely to be a part of the "weak hands".

Anyhow, only do margin trading when you truly understand the product/derivative that is being traded, and have a general understanding of the market conditions. Not prior.
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2019, 07:21:24 AM

for beginners it is not recommended ,having no skill but want to earn much money using margin trading will ve very risky for them..margin trading only suitable for profesional investors / trader understand how to take profit with low margin..so it will give maximum advantages although with small balance.margin has advantages and disadvantages, it could make our balance growth massivelh but it also could make our money loss eaily.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:33:09 AM

It's not advisable to enter margin trading without a basic knowledge. Some may wrongly believe that it is a better way to sustain financial needs not knowing it can also ruined your life that easily. I have a family member who are being liquidated and loss huge amount of money. Good thing, he knows that worse comes sometimes and he was ready about that. He manage to recover immediately and did not bother to let emotions ruined his margin trades.

Anyway, x125 is appealing for others but not for me. I will not hastily do x125, it's too dangerous.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:37:45 AM

Margin trading could be dangerous for traders who cannot analyze with good. They will lose direction to predict where the market moves because they cannot analyze the market trends, and they place a wrong buy or sell. Even if we have skills to predict where the market moves, it still difficult to prevent the loss because we need to watch the market closely so we don't miss something that will happen with the market. It is right to say that margin trading can give the biggest profit, but we need to realize that besides profit, margin trading will have a high risk too. So when you want to do margin trading, you need to have skills. You can have the ability to stop the trade anytime, following the market. And don't forget to close your trade if you get a profit.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 02:04:39 PM

So Binance introduced margin trading up to x125! Great for some, horrible for most. Why? Because this is an open market and people without experience can actually go ahead and borrow Bitcoin without knowing half of what's going on.

For that reason, I wrote an article to give a good introduction to margin trading, Bitcoin lending, as well as Bitcoin borrowing (if you wanna make some passive income). It's by no means that the best post on the topic, but it does give a really good overview.

You can read it here and decide if going down the margin road is the best thing you can do: https://paybis.com/blog/bitcoin-lending/
Margin trading requires long-term experience and large amount of money. If you trade a small amount of money with 125x leverage, the reverse operation will immediately reduce your balance to zero. An inexperienced person should not take this risk and give superiority to learning. The 125x is so big and not appropirate for this kind of volatile market.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 07:49:32 PM

If we consider the benefit involve margin trading is good but if we look at the depth of the risk involved margin trading is not good for every trader (both experienced and inexperienced). Besides, margin trading is not even the right option now since halving is around the corner and people can easily earn enough just by holding.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 08:17:09 PM

That is a huge margin ! Are you serious ,x125? The most i have seen out there is x20 and even that is something huge.
Besides, what do you mean, barrow?
You can lose much faster with marging trading but never i have seen that you can go lower than 0 in your investment.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
albrots

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 07:27:18 AM

It is a very dangerous instrument, but Binance know what they are doing. They want to collect the most possible money from hamsters and there are enough people that think today is my lucky day and I will go all in for x125.
and in fact many beginner traders try margin without knowing about the science of margin trading, end up losing a lot. Maybe there are some people who have luck on margin trading at first only. This will make the trader addicted and use all their capital for margin trading.

Margin trading is only done by professionals in their fields, who are able to withstand high levels of stress with cryptocurrency voting.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:35:15 AM

For most people margin trading is like nuclear energy, they hear about it and they tremble in fear. But in reality its not such a big boo hoo if you know the fundamentals of TA and if you stay in the sub 10x margin range. But of course it can be a disaster for individuals who go rogue and throw rationality in the garbage bin.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 08:58:16 AM

If we consider the benefit involve margin trading is good but if we look at the depth of the risk involved margin trading is not good for every trader (both experienced and inexperienced). Besides, margin trading is not even the right option now since halving is around the corner and people can easily earn enough just by holding.
It is an advantage for day traders, experienced traders already knew the risks involve, its also good for people who doesnt have a large fund they can use this to multiply their small fund.

The advantage is as high as the risks so it is still a 50:50 for me. Margin trading and its leverage opportunities are double-edged sword. We all know this. It is both an opportunity and a curse. It is a way to get big money out of small capital but it could also be a way to lose big very quickly.

You are right. If you are not an experienced trader, better stay away from margin trading. It will kill your wallet much earlier than you probably know.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 09:14:59 AM

So Binance introduced margin trading up to x125! Great for some, horrible for most. Why? Because this is an open market and people without experience can actually go ahead and borrow Bitcoin without knowing half of what's going on.

For that reason, I wrote an article to give a good introduction to margin trading, Bitcoin lending, as well as Bitcoin borrowing (if you wanna make some passive income). It's by no means that the best post on the topic, but it does give a really good overview.

You can read it here and decide if going down the margin road is the best thing you can do: https://paybis.com/blog/bitcoin-lending/
So many new traders get excited about margin trading without understanding the risk involved. Leveraging your funds is no guarantee to make gains, you can lose your entire holdings if you are not careful. There was rumour early this year about a Chinese trader who committed suicide after losing a whooping sum via margin trading, I'm not saying it's not cool, I mean it's important to understand the nitty-gritty before delving in.

Simply put, if you don't understand it don't get involved in it, many people will want to imitate and do what other's are doing and eventually get burnt in the process, many new traders don't fully understand how margin trading work but they will go ahead anyways with little or no knowledge, it is better to be safe than sorry.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 09:57:16 AM

Margin trading, for some traders who have experienced using it might be profitable but for traders who have no experience, this will make the losses suffered even greater. Margin provides an opportunity to trade with little funds but big results but the risk is greater. For short-term traders, this is profitable.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: