Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM]NitrogenSports Can't let me withdraw. Forcing me to Place a bet  (Read 391 times)
NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:08:20 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2019, 03:03:43 PM by NinjaBitcoiner

Hi Bitcointalk community,

So i deposited 0.8 BTC to NitrogenSports and wanted to place a bet but my tx got little late confirmation and i wasn't able to place the bet on the match i wanted to.
NitrogenSports does not offer in-play bets for tennis so i placed the withdraw request on the same address i used to Deposit my bitcoins.
After 1 hour, they cancelled my withdraw and sent me a message saying i must place a bet and roll-over at least once to withdraw.
This is ridiculous. They can't force me to bet if i don't want to. Further, i am withdrawing bitcoins to the same address i used to deposit. There terms and FAQ doesn't have anything regarding this that i must place a bet to withdraw my coins. Can any one tell me what to do now? My bitcoins stuck on nitrogensports

EDIT:
Please read here the chat i had with NitrogenSports Support: https://imgur.com/a/TEDN2kF

They are literally saying me and forcing me to place a bet if i want to withdraw my BTC. This is no where mentioned in their terms and FAQ that a user must place a bet to withdraw BTC.

UPDATE:
Please support the flag here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;flag=925
They charged me 3% for withdrawing my own money if i do not wish to bet.

UDDATE 2:
NitrogenSports have refunded my 3% fee as well. I have removed the flag. Thread closed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:21:14 PM

Can you post screenshots/e-mails of the exchange between you and their customer service?
NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 06:22:15 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2019, 06:36:03 PM by NinjaBitcoiner

Can you post screenshots/e-mails of the exchange between you and their customer service?

Sure I am editing my original post soon with proof.

Please read here: https://imgur.com/a/TEDN2kF
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 07:02:58 PM

Looks like they're forcing you to wager an amount equal to your balance before withdrawals in order to 'protect against money laundering'.

Considering their lowest-edge game still has a 1% edge, they are essentially taking at least 1% of your balance as a fee for each deposit. A hidden withdrawal fee, if you will. This is asinine.
Genuine money launderers would not be stopped with a 1x rollover and this rule only serves to harm your real players. Much like every time some regulation is created to "protect", an unintended consequence (or is it?) arises to kick in the teeth of people who have nothing to do with the regulation.

NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:04:45 PM

Looks like they're forcing you to wager an amount equal to your balance before withdrawals in order to 'protect against money laundering'.

Considering their lowest-edge game still has a 1% edge, they are essentially taking at least 1% of your balance as a fee for each deposit. A hidden withdrawal fee, if you will. This is asinine.
Genuine money launderers would not be stopped with a 1x rollover and this rule only serves to harm your real players. Much like every time some regulation is created to "protect", an unintended consequence (or is it?) arises to kick in the teeth of people who have nothing to do with the regulation.

I am not trying to do money laundering. I asked to send the withdraw to the same address used to deposit. Further, there is no such rule mentioned in their terms or FAQ that i must wager my deposit once to withdraw. So clearly they want to scam me by not letting me withdraw.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 07:09:21 PM

I am not trying to do money laundering. I asked to send the withdraw to the same address used to deposit.
I realize that. They're enforcing a ridiculous rule. It's just like the anti-bonus rules which harm real players much more than those who are abusing it, since they know what they're doing.

Surface-level rules do nothing against who you're trying to stop: people are smarter than that.

Further, there is no such rule mentioned in their terms or FAQ that i must wager my deposit once to withdraw. So clearly they want to scam me by not letting me withdraw.
The whole idea of having Terms of Agreement is also so stupid. Since most of them have the clause, "may be modified at any time," you would have to read them every time you read the service. And moreover, you would have to understand the verbose language just to know what you have to avoid doing.
NitrogenSports needs to remove this rule. It does not stop money laundering and the only thing it does is force players to lose money.

NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:11:48 PM

I am not trying to do money laundering. I asked to send the withdraw to the same address used to deposit.
I realize that. They're enforcing a ridiculous rule. It's just like the anti-bonus rules which harm real players much more than those who are abusing it, since they know what they're doing.

Surface-level rules do nothing against who you're trying to stop: people are smarter than that.

Further, there is no such rule mentioned in their terms or FAQ that i must wager my deposit once to withdraw. So clearly they want to scam me by not letting me withdraw.
The whole idea of having Terms of Agreement is also so stupid. Since most of them have the clause, "may be modified at any time," you would have to read them every time you read the service. And moreover, you would have to understand the verbose language just to know what you have to avoid doing.
NitrogenSports needs to remove this rule. It does not stop money laundering and the only thing it does is force players to lose money.

BUT if that is the rule then that's hidden and only told by their customer service which is unfair. It should be clearly mentioned in FAQ and terms beforehand. I want my money back and they should refund my money immediately and not scam me. I need support from bitcointalk community here and Default Trust members.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 07:19:54 PM

BUT if that is the rule then that's hidden and only told by their customer service which is unfair. It should be clearly mentioned in FAQ and terms beforehand. I want my money back and they should refund my money immediately and not scam me. I need support from bitcointalk community here and Default Trust members.
For the record, I see it in the "Rules | Cashier Rules" section.

2. Account Withdrawals

[...] After a deposit, significant action (one time rollover) is required in order to proceed with withdrawals.

NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:24:44 PM

2. Account Withdrawals

[...] After a deposit, significant action (one time rollover) is required in order to proceed with withdrawals.

Hidden under cashier terms. I only saw general terms. Still this is ridiculous. I can't withdraw my own money. Basically they are forcing me to bet. I even told them that send me the bitcoins back to same address i used to deposit(refund) and now they are not responding. SCAM.
Can any one help me what to do now?
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:28:00 PM

2. Account Withdrawals

Hidden under cashier terms. I only saw general terms. Still this is ridiculous. I can't withdraw my own money. Basically they are forcing me to bet. I even told them that send me the bitcoins back to same address i used to deposit(refund) and now they are not responding. SCAM.

Technically there is nothing that you can do besides placing a bet. By signing up you have agreed to their terms. I strongly disagree with their rule though, since it has nothing to do with money laundering. If they suspect you are laundering money they shouldn't/wouldn't allow you to bet with those funds.
NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:33:24 PM

2. Account Withdrawals

Technically there is nothing that you can do besides placing a bet. By signing up you have agreed to their terms. I strongly disagree with their rule though, since it has nothing to do with money laundering. If they suspect you are laundering money they shouldn't/wouldn't allow you to bet with those funds.
I agree, I am awaiting response from NitrogenSports here on this thread or there own thread. They should refund my bitcoin back to the same address i sent it from. They can't force someone to bet if he/she doesn't want to.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 07:34:53 PM

Make a lot of tiny bets on the lowest-edge game (don't bet all at once!) and withdraw what you got. Most likely you'll have less money (minus house edge) as a result but technically they're right and you're wrong. Having said that, there's probably a case to be made for a neg trust rating or even a newbie flag, depending on how prominent those terms are when you're signing up for an account and depositing funds into the account.
NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:41:10 PM

Make a lot of tiny bets on the lowest-edge game (don't bet all at once!) and withdraw what you got. Most likely you'll have less money (minus house edge) as a result but technically they're right and you're wrong. Having said that, there's probably a case to be made for a neg trust rating or even a newbie flag, depending on how prominent those terms are when you're signing up for an account and depositing funds into the account.

There's no guarantee they will process my withdraw even after that because they have stopped responding to my support tickets and even banned me in their chat on their website. I am feeling so upset right now and i have no idea what to do? They should refund my deposit. I hope they respond here and DT members take a look at my case  Sad
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 07:43:10 PM

depending on how prominent those terms are when you're signing up for an account and depositing funds into the account.
Those terms are pretty hidden-away. Took me a bit to find it and I was looking for it.

They have a ridiculously long "Rules" section in the bottom of their page.

NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 08:00:56 PM

Can someone guide me ? I don't know how much house edge NitrogenSports have. My money is trapped in there and i just want to withdraw it back. Hope someone from nitrogenstaff respond here about their ridiculous rule.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 08:10:17 PM

Can someone guide me ? I don't know how much house edge NitrogenSports have. My money is trapped in there and i just want to withdraw it back. Hope someone from nitrogenstaff respond here about their ridiculous rule.
Like I said in the PM's, NitrogenSports's dice game has a 1% house edge.

The jackpot kicks it to about 0.7% (1.2BTC is breakeven) as long as your bets are over 0.001, which is a reasonable amount of variance against 800 bets.

NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 08:14:17 PM

Like I said in the PM's, NitrogenSports's dice game has a 1% house edge.

The jackpot kicks it to about 0.7% (1.2BTC is breakeven) as long as your bets are over 0.001, which is a reasonable amount of variance against 800 bets.

I got response from support and they told me they will charge 5% fees if i do not want to bet or gamble. That's a lot of fees.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 08:16:19 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

I got response from support and they told me they will charge 5% fees if i do not want to bet or gamble. That's a lot of fees.
In that case, the most efficient solution for you would be to use the dice game to wager the rollover. If NitrogenSports would respond to this thread, though, that would be even better.

Like I said: the rule doesn't stop true money launderers. And with this 5% fee clause, it only adds to the argument.

NinjaBitcoiner (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 08:20:38 PM

In that case, the most efficient solution for you would be to use the dice game to wager the rollover. If NitrogenSports would respond to this thread, though, that would be even better.

Like I said: the rule doesn't stop true money launderers. And with this 5% fee clause, it only adds to the argument.

This is their response: https://imgur.com/a/Yljn3XR

I am not sure if i wager and withdraw will they even let me withdraw because they told that after you have wager create a support ticket and they will then review the account.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2019, 08:22:13 PM

I am not sure if i wager and withdraw will they even let me withdraw because they told that after you have wager create a support ticket and they will then review the account.
Feels like they're trying to catch-22 you.

Can't withdraw without wagering...
But can't wager safely without looking like "money laundering".
Perhaps the best thing to do right now is wait for an official response so you won't be targeted in the latter case.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: