Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is nymusr approved as developer/co-ordinator ?
With full authority carte-blanche
As paid coder...state your donation or proposition
Not really what we want
Other..please post proposal

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Q2C developer... poll closed... nymusr approved by the community.  (Read 4121 times)
vlax352

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:55:48 AM

Me again...

Linux wallet compiled without problem... syncing now...

GJxXVbdkNP3bdEVvxvPww7gDEz7aon6JGA  - can someone send me 10 Q2C to play around some tests?

Disappointed with wallet... good graphics everywhere so I was expecting same on wallet.

Anyone can update OP on forum? Anyone has control of domain?

Community seems good... but why so little trading?

I've sent you 100 Q2C.

I don't know if anyone but Krecu (old developer) has access to official domain. There is a fan page http://qubitcoin.net/wordpress/ . Maybe we can use it as official page. I see it is being updated with latest info so someone in here must have access to it.

Trading volume was around 4-5 BTC per 24h (sometimes more) on https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_q2c . It went down after the last block reward halving.

Received. Thank you.
OSX wallet compiled and in sync.

Everything seems usable until now. And more than that, I feel good with the stuff. Code is clean and I have origin of spin off on my archives. I can step in if community really wants it and support it.
Community seems alive and kicking. I have more connected peers with q2c than with doge... wow this doge!
Question is what you want to do with this coin... coin is almost fully mined... then what next? I think life cycle is unrealistic: you cant half a coin reward every 3 weeks starting with 2048... even every 3 months would be too much...
So what you, the community,  want from a new dev?

i suppose that one idea could be to change halving time at next interval, when coins per block be 128, and we could use more optimisations of the wallet, it tends to stop syncing after while while and you have to close it and run again, then also  i guess some optimisations between wallet and pool mining,  and in global sense that coin have an active dev or devs, in a combination with good comunity gives other ppl more confidence into our coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nymusr

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:09:00 AM

Me again...

Linux wallet compiled without problem... syncing now...

GJxXVbdkNP3bdEVvxvPww7gDEz7aon6JGA  - can someone send me 10 Q2C to play around some tests?

Disappointed with wallet... good graphics everywhere so I was expecting same on wallet.

Anyone can update OP on forum? Anyone has control of domain?

Community seems good... but why so little trading?

I've sent you 100 Q2C.
privatecoin.org
I don't know if anyone but Krecu (old developer) has access to official domain. There is a fan page http://qubitcoin.net/wordpress/ . Maybe we can use it as official page. I see it is being updated with latest info so someone in here must have access to it.

Trading volume was around 4-5 BTC per 24h (sometimes more) on https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_q2c . It went down after the last block reward halving.

Received. Thank you.
OSX wallet compiled and in sync.

Everything seems usable until now. And more than that, I feel good with the stuff. Code is clean and I have origin of spin off on my archives. I can step in if community really wants it and support it.
Community seems alive and kicking. I have more connected peers with q2c than with doge... wow this doge!
Question is what you want to do with this coin... coin is almost fully mined... then what next? I think life cycle is unrealistic: you cant half a coin reward every 3 weeks starting with 2048... even every 3 months would be too much...

i suppose that one idea could be to change halving time at next interval, when coins per block be 128, and we could use more optimisations of the wallet, it tends to stop syncing after while while and you have to close it and run again, then also  i guess some optimisations between wallet and pool mining,  and in global sense that coin have an active dev or devs, in a combination with good comunity gives other ppl more confidence into our coin.
About changes:  I can code whatever community decides to use. If you people want me to grow back block reward to 1024 and triple total coins created I surely can do that. It will be applied when community adopt new wallet as good.
About the wallet: I have Linux and OSX wallets running without any issue (any of them in 2 different cpus [one virtual, one real]  and using my new clean safe builds from source on github) until this moment (may crash next second of course... its software...).
Are you reporting about Windows? Its a known fact that some windows builds had problems when using some LTC spin off time ago as this coin is made... (doge was one of them as I was told... I never use windows except for full hard testing of my work) because built over some buggy dependencies. Strange your dev didn't spot and change that... as far as I can evaluate for now he was good...
About active devs: when I am dev coder I code. I mean,  I have better things to do than discuss lines with someone. If community decides I am the coder then I will be the coder. When community decides to change mind they just don't download wallet they don't like... simple. Usually so called devs don't say this... but its the reality: imagine you community tell me I am new dev and I decide to code that reward goes to 10000... if no one download that new wallet it will not happen - simple.
About optimizations: a good optimization  takes lots of time and testing (a millisecond today, ten milliseconds tomorrow - you learn that after coding for aviation soft). If I understood what you talking about, lets put that on 4th or 5th place in our list.
About global sense of existing a dev... who controls twitter, forum, site, whatever? Everything must be changed/moved or it will be just a joke.
I must say I used my answer to your post to clarify my global vision about everything involved. Thank you for helping me do that.
coin1234

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:57:26 AM

+1
u5sos

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:08:28 AM

+1

hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:20:38 AM

+1

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
miraxgr

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:28:32 AM

+1
vlax352

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:52:22 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 10:04:31 AM by vlax352

About changes:  I can code whatever community decides to use. If you people want me to grow back block reward to 1024 and triple total coins created I surely can do that. It will be applied when community adopt new wallet as good.
About the wallet: I have Linux and OSX wallets running without any issue (any of them in 2 different cpus [one virtual, one real]  and using my new clean safe builds from source on github) until this moment (may crash next second of course... its software...).
Are you reporting about Windows? Its a known fact that some windows builds had problems when using some LTC spin off time ago as this coin is made... (doge was one of them as I was told... I never use windows except for full hard testing of my work) because built over some buggy dependencies. Strange your dev didn't spot and change that... as far as I can evaluate for now he was good...
About active devs: when I am dev coder I code. I mean,  I have better things to do than discuss lines with someone. If community decides I am the coder then I will be the coder. When community decides to change mind they just don't download wallet they don't like... simple. Usually so called devs don't say this... but its the reality: imagine you community tell me I am new dev and I decide to code that reward goes to 10000... if no one download that new wallet it will not happen - simple.
About optimizations: a good optimization  takes lots of time and testing (a millisecond today, ten milliseconds tomorrow - you learn that after coding for aviation soft). If I understood what you talking about, lets put that on 4th or 5th place in our list.
About global sense of existing a dev... who controls twitter, forum, site, whatever? Everything must be changed/moved or it will be just a joke.
I must say I used my answer to your post to clarify my global vision about everything involved. Thank you for helping me do that.

yes, im talking about windows wallet, and i think that many ppl use those. about  those optimisations, i agree that they should go somewhere around the list.
also if we do thist, we will open new thread on bitcointalk (existing one have to many pages alreadu), and make twitter, site and all else what we are supposed to, to spread a word about qubit. we also have an oportunity to be listed on new market, Bittrex, and guy who runs it wanted to speak with dev,  and i think that  more markets, more ppl will see and spread the coin.
about the changes in reward, that is something which may be discussed with comunity, if something like that would benefit coin.
TulipBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:29:20 AM

+1
Majormax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:11:49 AM

[/quote]
About changes:  I can code whatever community decides to use. If you people want me to grow back block reward to 1024 and triple total coins created I surely can do that. It will be applied when community adopt new wallet as good.
About the wallet: I have Linux and OSX wallets running without any issue (any of them in 2 different cpus [one virtual, one real]  and using my new clean safe builds from source on github) until this moment (may crash next second of course... its software...).
About active devs: when I am dev coder I code. I mean,  I have better things to do than discuss lines with someone. If community decides I am the coder then I will be the coder. When community decides to change mind they just don't download wallet they don't like... simple. Usually so called devs don't say this... but its the reality: imagine you community tell me I am new dev and I decide to code that reward goes to 10000... if no one download that new wallet it will not happen - simple.
About optimizations: a good optimization  takes lots of time and testing (a millisecond today, ten milliseconds tomorrow - you learn that after coding for aviation soft). If I understood what you talking about, lets put that on 4th or 5th place in our list.

[/quote]

Thanks for that .. I think, judging by the upvotes, the community approves you as the developer coder !

As I see it, the community has  decisions to make in several areas: 

1. Marketing /Media.. Who runs Twitter, BTCtalk thread, alternative new forum. Who will step up for those ?

2. Image and wallet software. The 'Cube' logo is good and very distinctive. The wallet might benefit from a little graphical tweaking.

3. Coding for a fork : block reward and any other issues.

IMO the wallet and code for blocks are functional and have some degree of optimisation, so do not warrant messing with first... unless that is required to get the coin onto new exchanges (was that a sticking issue or not ?.. I am not technically competent to answer)

Begin with a new forum if someone has the experience to run it.

As far as longer term block reward goes, from my own experience, I believe that the current 128 is fine (because the community holders can fund projects and redistribute existing coin) but the halving should be of a longer period now, like 3 months. An inflation of 5% permanently will not hurt, because this is a model that other coins have eschewed, and it separates Q2C from the others. I have 30 years experience in financial industries and will gladly debate and inform on this point.

coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:30:49 AM

I must disagree with above block reward and block halving statement. You should not change anything. Everything works fine. If you change block reward to 2048 or 1024 90% of qubit holders will sell coins and go to another coin including me. I agree about wallet. Everything works fine currently we just need someone who will fix few thing,promote coin and just be active...there is no need for changing the code.
Majormax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:36:56 AM

I must disagree with above block reward and block halving statement. You should not change anything. Everything works fine. If you change block reward to 2048 or 1024 90% of qubit holders will sell coins and go to another coin including me. I agree about wallet. Everything works fine currently we just need someone who will fix few thing,promote coin and just be active...there is no need for changing the code.

+1  OK, I will agree with that. Change as little as possible, only what is needed... the code is the coin, and it is proven.
zex24

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:02:11 PM

I also think that we shouldn't change (increase) block reward, just prolong the time between reward halving. If block reward goes up now, coin value will go down for sure. Right now we need a person (or more then one person) who will update/redo the website, communicate with exchanges regarding technical stuff, promote coin so more and more people get involved.

New services like buying steam codes directly with Q2C (Kahir's idea) will increase the value of the coin because it is being used somewhere other then exchange.

We could have a group of people which would be assigned for certain area, just like Majormax said:
- Coding nymusr
- Marketing /Media.. Who runs Twitter, BTCtalk thread, alternative new forum - ?
- Graphics, web design and other stuff - ?
- Services (something like Kahir's idea) - ?

azureus

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:19:14 PM

+1  I totally agree with you!
gurryomg

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:22:34 PM

what the news that you want told me?
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:20:19 PM

The present block reward do not incite miner to come : and good global hash rate is required for POW coin.
The popularity of a coin require a widespread distribution. Going back to something like 512 /block could help.

If you -the holders- were unwilling to accept some loss at first due to better block reward, I believe the coin would die ... and you would loose all at the end.

Majormax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

The present block reward do not incite miner to come : and good global hash rate is required for POW coin.
The popularity of a coin require a widespread distribution. Going back to something like 512 /block could help.

If you -the holders- were unwilling to accept some loss at first due to better block reward, I believe the coin would die ... and you would loose all at the end.

It's always a battle between miners (short term profit) and holders (long term faith and loyalty).

Miners are not all motivated by instant money (the ones that are cause coins to be wildly volatile and unstable), if they were, Bitcoin could never exist.
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:51:02 PM

512 block reward is too much in my opinion. If block reward goes up now, coin value will go down for sure and we dont want that to happen because price is already on low level. 256/128 is acceptable and fine. When qubit was launched we mined with cpu,now with this diff and with gpu miner you can easily mine 50-100k in a week.
Halbert

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:18:32 PM

+1 for nymusr as Q2C dev!  Grin

About the discussion for the next block reward: What about implementing a voting system like the one on HeavyCoin?
It would be much work, but at least the whole community could deciced about the next reward.
What do you think, nymusr?
nymusr

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:46:32 PM

Starting my day now... getting coffee, booting my computers, reading emails and such kind of things... I will be back here soon when fully awake.
Ahha

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:42:51 PM

Great to see this coin getting more interest and community building up, I run www.qubitcoin.net and have always said from the start its the communities site, I also have access to the twitter, google and facebook accounts. I also would be interested in getting more involved with the new team. To be honest I appreciate the work krecu put into the coin but was turned off with what seamed like early involvers just wanting donations. I also contacted Krecu when the front page changed about the site and social accounts, with no response back, so i became disinterested, but continued to update site. Having said that, i am encouraged with the new group and can do all to help.

Qubitcoin.net was started early on when it looked like everyone wanted a site, but know one wanted to create one with out a large reward. It on my server and i have the domain name and need no donations. I created it for the community and it yours if needed, I will host it for as long as its useful and does not inter-fear with my server. The site was created with wordpress just for convince and gets a about 150 new visitors a day being listed on top of google. Site is also translated into 150 plus languages using a translator addon. All of the social media links listed on the site were created at time of site and can also be accessed.

Community can contact me here and I can help you move forward in any way you see fit. PM me and i can send you an email or contact over phone if in the US.

Ahha
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: