Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:47:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is nymusr approved as developer/co-ordinator ?
With full authority carte-blanche
As paid coder...state your donation or proposition
Not really what we want
Other..please post proposal

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Q2C developer... poll closed... nymusr approved by the community.  (Read 4121 times)
nymusr

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:48:20 PM

Edited (removed previous info)

Community must decide 3 things:
Am I approved as dev? What if, tomorrow old dev appears (after forum, twitter, github, site and whatever changes)?
If so I want to be able to have full access to every community anchor (site, twitter, forum, etc). And yes I have no problem that someone else have same access level...

What is your final will about reward value and halving? I see miners and holders around... can they agree on a solution? 
If so you/we must decide what are the goals... a bit far from being listed on next exchange platform...

Who will fund my efforts and what powers will you give me? Am I a rented coder able to speak to community or do you give me the authority to be also a full coordinator?
As said before I don't live on good vibes, approval or love. Even less when people are targeting on making money/coins.

Note 1: My first language is not english as you surely noticed. If you want me around you must be able to forgive my broken english. And when appropriate (I mean official posting) proof reading it.
Note 2: I thing branding is essential for cryptos. This is a first try on cosmetic side :

http://nymusr.com/bitcointalk/q2cw.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nymusr

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

Humm...
Checked Q2C main post.
Its seems community doubts about the need of a new dev... I really don't want to impose my self.
You people decide.

Ahha

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 05:33:41 PM

Top of Main post list:

Qubitcoin Foundation Community members:
@Krecu, @Aseron, @Lugren, @Featon, @jackthecoiner

They have all checked out, coin need a fresh blood and new prospective.
Majormax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:32:01 PM

Edited (removed previous info)

Community must decide 3 things:
Am I approved as dev? What if, tomorrow old dev appears (after forum, twitter, github, site and whatever changes)?
If so I want to be able to have full access to every community anchor (site, twitter, forum, etc). And yes I have no problem that someone else have same access level...

What is your final will about reward value and halving? I see miners and holders around... can they agree on a solution? 
If so you/we must decide what are the goals... a bit far from being listed on next exchange platform...

Who will fund my efforts and what powers will you give me? Am I a rented coder able to speak to community or do you give me the authority to be also a full coordinator?
As said before I don't live on good vibes, approval or love. Even less when people are targeting on making money/coins.

Note 1: My first language is not english as you surely noticed. If you want me around you must be able to forgive my broken english. And when appropriate (I mean official posting) proof reading it.
Note 2: I thing branding is essential for cryptos. This is a first try on cosmetic side :

I approve.. and I cannot see anyone against . The following speaks for the community, if agreed or disagreed, please post accordingly.

Straw poll on block reward checks out for no change.

Goals : plenty on the old thread, but need restatement.

Funding:  Invite donations to start, and let's see who is serious. I will begin with 100k of Q2C, and another 100k in 1 month if it seems to me something is going on. If you have specific requirements, please make them known. This venture is not certain to make money, so you must be prepared to take some chance: on that score, you would be a full co-ordinator.

I will proof read documents if you alert me to them.

I will add a poll here shortly.
nymusr

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:33:58 PM

Top of Main post list:

So what you suggest me to do?
I am only answering to an "Opportunity for a competent developer..." post... Everything else must be community to decide.
Majormax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:40:21 PM

Top of Main post list:

I am only answering to an "Opportunity for a competent developer..." post... Everything else must be community to decide.

I approve.. and I cannot see anyone against . Opened a poll here..The following speaks for the community, if agreed or disagreed, please post accordingly.

Straw poll on block reward checks out for no change. Will poll this after the first vote.

Goals : plenty on the old thread, but need restatement.

Funding:  Invite donations to start, and let's see who is serious. I will begin with 100k of Q2C, and another 100k in 1 month if it seems to me something is going on. If you have specific requirements, please make them known. This venture is not certain to make money, so you must be prepared to take some chance: on that score, you would be a full co-ordinator.

I will proof read documents if you alert me to them.

Majormax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 06:46:43 PM

I have had another PM from a potential dev. Please can community comment on this...

...'' You seem to have made a choice already so good luck with that --- but if it doesn't work out, I'd be prepared to mind the store until krecu gets back and in the meantime, work with you+community to set up a more sustainable basis for engineering maintenance of the coin.

If you want to chat more, my email address is....''
Ahha

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:50:18 PM

I think the main issue is to get new Dev together with Bittrex.com so they can list the coin
I can work with anyone wanting get website and socials working together and updating.
Logo's need to be refreshed (not design it to established already), but updated and some headers and promo graphics
If anyone can update the main thread that would also be a great start.
zex24

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:41:58 PM

Funding:  Invite donations to start, and let's see who is serious. I will begin with 100k of Q2C, and another 100k in 1 month if it seems to me something is going on. If you have specific requirements, please make them known.

+1
100k right away and 100k when we see some results.
Halbert

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:01:53 AM

Funding:  Invite donations to start, and let's see who is serious. I will begin with 100k of Q2C, and another 100k in 1 month if it seems to me something is going on. If you have specific requirements, please make them known.

+1
100k right away and 100k when we see some results.

+1, too.
Will also give 100k for the start and another 100k after positive results.

We also have to check whether we can get access to the OP of the main Q2C thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=411065.msg4451466#msg4451466
There are some news (faucet, exchanges) that MUST be listed on the OP.

Either the admin or a mod of bitcointalk.org has to give some of us the right to modify the OP or we have to start a new thread for Q2C.
I think, either nymusr (in case he wants to work for Q2C) or a shared bitcointalk.org account should then create the new thread.
Majormax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:12:59 PM

Top of Main post list:

I like the modified look of the wallet. It will be really good to have some distinctive graphics with a upgraded wallet.

Also, from the poll it seems you are approved by the community.. I will leave it open for a few more days.
Majormax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:15:13 PM

Bittrex has launched Q2C market today
allenshot

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:19:04 PM

OK,I think I will go to see
Just4andy

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:20:48 PM

show my support
nymusr

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:00:57 PM

I have some questions about wallet and network:

When was number of coins changed to 500 millions? (asking because version info on github not being used so I am unable to find it)
Why was Kimoto Gravity Well disabled?
Who is admin of http://pool.q2c.cc ?
Lugren

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:26:28 PM

1. When was number of coins changed to 500 millions? (asking because version info on github not being used so I am unable to find it)
2. Why was Kimoto Gravity Well disabled?
3. Who is admin of http://pool.q2c.cc ?

1. I personally do not like this idea, but such a decision should be taken all together.
2  Kresu disabled it. Because a failure has occurred with this protocol and Kresu could not fix it.
3. Kresu. This is his pool.

What is not satisfied with the current number of coins? Why it is necessary to increase?
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:41:36 PM

1. When was number of coins changed to 500 millions? (asking because version info on github not being used so I am unable to find it)

1. I personally do not like this idea, but such a decision should be taken all together.
2  Kresu disabled it. Because a failure has occurred with this protocol and Kresu could not fix it.

What is not satisfied with the current number of coins? Why it is necessary to increase?
Totally agree,that will absolutely destroy this coin and its price. I think that code doesnt need any tweaking, currently everything works fine. Every new miner can mine with one gpu approx 3-4-5k q2c per day so I don't like idea for block reward increasing and max supply changing.
Lugren

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:45:53 PM

The son asks his father-programmer:
- Dad, why the sun always rises in the east and sets in the west?
- To the east rises?
- Yes ...
- To the west sits?
- Well, yes ...
- And that always so?
- Always.
- Did you check?
- Tested ...
- Son, just do not touch anything ...
nymusr

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Number of coins Already changed to 500 mil... It is already done... dev (Kresu) did it (you can check it by your self visiting https://github.com/qubitcoin/QubitCoin/blob/master/src/main.h and then searching  for MAX_MONEY = 500000000 * COIN - its there on line 51 (maybe dev forgot to tell  you that)
2. I see... will check...
3. It explains why wrong number of coins

Thank you for your answers.
Lugren

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:51:07 PM

I see. It's a surprise...
I think it needs to be fixed
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print